Thread: Spurs new ground

Spurs new ground

Workers pissed and taking cocaine
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...-construction/

Re: Spurs new ground

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    That is nothing new having worked on big sites, seen similar

The article is probably a bit sensationalist. On most major construction jobs these days, they carry out random drug and alcohol testing on the workforce. With up to 4,000 workers during its peak development, it's inevitable that some will get red-flagged. I'm sure that the figures would be similar if you carried out the same testing on a large factory.

I worked on Heathrow T5 back in 2003-2005. It was the largest construction project in Europe at the time. Much of the workforce were from all over the UK, staying in temporary digs. Despite working quite long hours, boredom in the evenings was always a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    The article is probably a bit sensationalist. On most major construction jobs these days, they carry out random drug and alcohol testing on the workforce. With up to 4,000 workers during its peak development, it's inevitable that some will get red-flagged. I'm sure that the figures would be similar if you carried out the same testing on a large factory.

I worked on Heathrow T5 back in 2003-2005. It was the largest construction project in Europe at the time. Much of the workforce were from all over the UK, staying in temporary digs. Despite working quite long hours, boredom in the evenings was always a problem.
    Yes I can imagine the boredom was tough ,its a pity the same analysis is not carried out for all the alleged upper elite cocaine takers in the business districts of London, that is fueling drug knife and gun crime in the very same city .

( Metropolitan Police Commissioner Cressida Dick criticised people who think nothing of snorting cocaine even though it fuels street violence. )

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post

My old man was on that job, Electrician

Every construction site I walk past in NYC (AND THERE ARE A LOT) stinks of weed.

White Hart Line?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Every construction site I walk past in NYC (AND THERE ARE A LOT) stinks of weed.
    I noticed all that building ,scaffolding , pavement closeouts and barriers in New York on my November trip ,wasn't pretty,there was so much of it that shocked me , not bad for a city nearly bankrupt in the mid 70's