+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Boxing...Joshua..

Boxing...Joshua..

looking at the weather forecast for London tomorrow evening/night...doesn't look good for an outdoor gig!
    Should have stayed under the roof .

Re: Boxing...Joshua..

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    looking at the weather forecast for London tomorrow evening/night...doesn't look good for an outdoor gig!
    Should have stayed under the roof .
    Just imagine it was last night. It's very risky doing something like that I know they are having another fight there so unless he's having a long break or going elsewhere for next fight seems a bit silly.

I like Joshua and think Povetkin is a dangerous fighter.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    Just imagine it was last night. It's very risky doing something like that I know they are having another fight there so unless he's having a long break or going elsewhere for next fight seems a bit silly.

I like Joshua and think Povetkin is a dangerous fighter.
    Povetkin is very dangerous indeed.
    Could be a big upset tomorrow.

It would actually be quite a spectacle to watch 2 boxers attempting to fight in an absolute downpour

Lewis/Bruno at the old Arms Park was a shite night weather wise.

I've been to the last 3 Joshua fights and I'd pick Cardiff over Wembley every time both for the area around the stadium and the atmosphere that can be created within it. The weather for a boxing event also gives Cardiff a huge advantage.

It did strike me while being at Wembley that the pitch seats would get soaked and the tiered seating (within reason) is the safer option all round.

It is a funny thought to think that some celebs and big time charlies at ringside could get a good soaking tomorrow night though.

It could very well be a good thing for Cardiff if it means the Joshua-Wilder/Fury fight (as it probably will be) is changed due to the weather this time though.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    I've been to the last 3 Joshua fights and I'd pick Cardiff over Wembley every time both for the area around the stadium and the atmosphere that can be created within it. The weather for a boxing event also gives Cardiff a huge advantage.

It did strike me while being at Wembley that the pitch seats would get soaked and the tiered seating (within reason) is the safer option all round.

It is a funny thought to think that some celebs and big time charlies at ringside could get a good soaking tomorrow night though.

It could very well be a good thing for Cardiff if it means the Joshua-Wilder/Fury fight (as it probably will be) is changed due to the weather this time though.
    Signed a contract at Wembley for the next two, unless it's blown down by the storm there's no chance the next one will not be there.

I enjoyed the event of the last two fights here but the boxing itself was a bit of a let down. Agree on the atmosphere and the access to a wealth of watering holes.

But Wembley is closer to home for him, has more seats to sell (although not sure they have) and for those attending has far better transport links and hotel options.

I think he will be back at some point as the roof combined with earning potential is a massive positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Signed a contract at Wembley for the next two, unless it's blown down by the storm there's no chance the next one will not be there.

I enjoyed the event of the last two fights here but the boxing itself was a bit of a let down. Agree on the atmosphere and the access to a wealth of watering holes.

But Wembley is closer to home for him, has more seats to sell (although not sure they have) and for those attending has far better transport links and hotel options.

I think he will be back at some point as the roof combined with earning potential is a massive positive.
    I think the last two down here have been a little boring as he hasn't been pushed.
    He was winning both and didn't need to take risks.
    Who can blame him really in a sport and weight where one mistake means you are knocked out?

Think tomorrow's fight will be a better spectacle and a dangerous one with Povetkin's style.
    He certainly can't cruise like he has done against Takan and Parker.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    I think the last two down here have been a little boring as he hasn't been pushed.
    He was winning both and didn't need to take risks.
    Who can blame him really in a sport and weight where one mistake means you are knocked out?

Think tomorrow's fight will be a better spectacle and a dangerous one with Povetkin's style.
    He certainly can't cruise like he has done against Takan and Parker.
    Yea he was quite cautious in the those fights.

There has been talk of him opening up against Povetkin, I think whilst he needs a performance this is the wrong one for him to go looking to win in style. Povetkin will make it so awkward and have decent speed.

He probably could have opened up more against Parker who is quite limited.

I think it will go to points and Joshua win comfortably enough but I don't see it being a really entertaining fight. Hopefully wrong and he has an explosive ko lined up.

When's he going to fight anyone , who might offer some residence,wheres Joe Bugner when he need him .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    When's he going to fight anyone , who might offer some residence.
    Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    When's he going to fight anyone , who might offer some residence,wheres Joe Bugner when he need him .
    American journo at the time...

'Bugner, He's built like a Greek God and fights like a goddam Greek'.