+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Well that was fun

Re: Well that was fun

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    We knew that we were going to get done today, that's not a problem for me or the majority of fans with any sense. So, what I look for is other things during the game that give me encouragement. A little passage of play, a bit of composure on the ball, a player or two looking to take responsibility, to embrace playing against the best in the world, even if we do get smashed 5-0. I didn't see anything that I could take away from that. At a push Bobby Reid looked like he fancied it at times. We don't support the man with the ball and panic in possession, for me, that's going to be a problem.
    We competed reasonably well for the first 30 minutes of each half, but after that we gradually ran out of legs against a side who were sharper, better organised, quicker and technically better.

A lot of our poor stuff came when players were out on their feet.

I though Manga did some good stuff ( before giving the ball away for their 4th or 5th- even though the woman behind me blamed Morrison) and we did have a few good passages of play, often let down by poor touches up front.

Cunningham also looks decent.

These top players just think and react much faster than teams like ours. They are also thinking a few extra seconds ahead. Things like their first-touch is much much better and their movement off the ball is amazing. Then again, they’ve probably paid more for 1 or 2 players than we have paid for our entire squad.

Any right-thinking City fan knew it would be like this against the better sides, whilst hoping we can compete with the rest and maybe beat other teams in the bottom 6-10.

pains me to say but man city outclassed us today as expected . wish i was a neutral watching , peps total football or should i say his 11 aside futsal tactics are a joy to watch . pity we can't produce players of that calibre here in the uk

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Long way to go yet. Watching Watford v Fulham earlier I was really looking forward to pitting our wits against them.

Both look good going forward but both look shaky at the back. I reckon that’ll be 2 great games for us as will Burnley, Brighton, Leicester etc in the next few weeks.

Games against the top 6 aren’t going to yield many points.

Man City have won the last 34 they have played against promoted sides, so nothing new again today
    They drew with wolves only a few games ago

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    They lost at home to Lyon too.

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    pains me to say but man city outclassed us today as expected . wish i was a neutral watching , peps total football or should i say his 11 aside futsal tactics are a joy to watch . pity we can't produce players of that calibre here in the uk
    Thought Kyle Walker was fantastic to be fair. Fabian Delph is doing ok, remember him being decent but not spectatular at Leeds I think at cm and now he is starting for Man City at lb in that squad.

there was a spell early in the 2nd half where they kept the ball for a couple of minutes & not once did one of their players take more than 2 touches, 1 to set & 1 to pass, then move. I think I've seen City play around 1,400 times & that was the best opposition I've seen in 50 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Good point. I’d guess the stat I read must have been done before that game.

Anyway Wolves count themselves as a Champions League side 😉

Good point. I’d guess the stat I read must have been done before that game.

Anyway Wolves count themselves as a Champions League side 😉
    Nah, actually I completely misread it 😂

https://www.thenational.ae/sport/foo...adium-1.771782

Nah, actually I completely misread it 😂

https://www.thenational.ae/sport/foo...adium-1.771782
    Their actual record is still pretty good, but not quite as flawless https://www.skysports.com/football/c...preview/390810

Sorry !