+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Malky Mackay

Malky Mackay

Still the only Cardiff City manager to have avoided dropping into the bottom 3 of the Premier League

Re: Malky Mackay

Wrong.
    Bottom 3 after the first game of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Wrong.
    Bottom 3 after the first game of the season.
    Ah, that old chestnut, the first game doesn't count!

Wales-bales in 'poorly researched point' shocker

Is it true that the tables didn't used to be published until after three games? Or did I imagine that?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Is it true that the tables didn't used to be published until after three games? Or did I imagine that?
    Something like that!

I thought it was 5

Quote Originally Posted by stevo View Post
    I thought it was 5
    Yes I do recall that , and I used to frantically try work it out with those cardboard slot tables from the Shoot .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Yes I do recall that , and I used to frantically try work it out with those cardboard slot tables from the Shoot .
    We're 3rd!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    We're 3rd!

Top man god that takes me back Wales Bales you made me smile tonight after a shit wet day, thank god for alchol.

Top man god that takes me back Wales Bales you made me smile tonight after a shit wet day, thank god for alchol.
    What was the point of it though? You would need a copy of the league tables, so that you would know where to move the tabs

What was the point of it though? You would need a copy of the league tables, so that you would know where to move the tabs
    I know, but we were young ,carefree ,not judged and naive 🙄

I remember having those league tables where the club tabs would start buckling and wouldn’t fit in the slot!
    Today we met one of the best teams ever to have played division one / Premier League.......not the first team to getj thumped by them and won’t be the last ! To think they can bring on a substitute worth more than our whole squad ! Unreal ! Take it on the chin and move on ! I suspect similar fro Liverpool and possibly Spurs , if we want to stay up then need to win our next 2 home games !

Still the only Cardiff City manager to have avoided dropping into the bottom 3 of the Premier League
    Worse manager I have watched us play under, may have done a job today but still the most boring football ever, just a shame we never went under Dave Jones

Quote Originally Posted by pulsy View Post
    Worse manager I have watched us play under, may have done a job today but still the most boring football ever, just a shame we never went under Dave Jones
    missed the up under Dave Jones

Amazing to think Halifax finished above Villa that season - I can remember them beating Man United at the Shay in the old Watney Cup a few months later at the start of 71/72.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6w-5GbF8MUI

Dear oh dear
    Give MM the credit he deserves

You must have stopped going and missed the fun under Ole. You made the right decision.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    You must have stopped going and missed the fun under Ole. You made the right decision.
    Some entertaining games under Ole

We're 3rd!

I see a few of those league teams no longer exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    I was thinking how almost all of the first division are still either in the top flight or the top half of the Championship. Only Blackpool and Coventry are in the third tier, and only Stoke and Ipswich are bottom half of the Championship (and you wouldn't imagine Stoke will finish bottom half). And this is nearly fifty years later.

Still the only Cardiff manager to finish in first place in Division 2. And has the most wins of any Cardiff manager in the Premier league. A healthy 8 points from his first 6 games EPL too. Not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post

Quiz time!!

One didn't exist when the table was published.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I was thinking how almost all of the first division are still either in the top flight or the top half of the Championship. Only Blackpool and Coventry are in the third tier, and only Stoke and Ipswich are bottom half of the Championship (and you wouldn't imagine Stoke will finish bottom half). And this is nearly fifty years later.
    Since this date there are at least 3 teams that have played in all 4 divisions plus a non-league division. Can anyone name them?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Since this date there are at least 3 teams that have played in all 4 divisions plus a non-league division. Can anyone name them?
    Off the top of me 'ed...
    Luton, Carlisle are two
    Maybe Bradford /Barnsley or Swindon?