+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The fans

The fans

Superb, absolutely superb today.

Re: The fans

They should have put 11 of them on the pitch, probably would have done better!

Phil Thompson on Soccer Saturday said the Cardiff fans were brilliant. I think we were 0-5 down at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    Phil Thompson on Soccer Saturday said the Cardiff fans were brilliant. I think we were 0-5 down at the time.
    Umm, fans were really good from 4-0 down onwards. Not really before that though.

Agreed. Fans were great today. We know the manager and the team are doing the best they can. Today we were beaten by a far, far better team. I think I’m right in saying that their squad is worth around £1billion. A billion f•cking pounds for f•cks sake. I mean what on earth are you meant to do to compete with that? They were able to bring a sub on that cost double our entire squad!

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Umm, fans were really good from 4-0 down onwards. Not really before that though.
    Up to the point we went 0-2 We were loud then, unsurprisingly, quiet afterwards, kind of she'll shocked i.e. from being still in the game to having no chance.

Last 25 mins or so, fans were back supporting, despite not having a great deal to cheer.

On the whole i would say the support from the team was good without being exceptional.

It’s hard to be enthusiastic when you’re being completely outplayed to the extent we were today. I was expecting the ground to start emptying and even a few boos, but it was heartening to see the fans stick behind the team right to the end.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Up to the point we went 0-2 We were loud then, unsurprisingly, quiet afterwards, kind of she'll shocked i.e. from being still in the game to having no chance.

Last 25 mins or so, fans were back supporting, despite not having a great deal to cheer.

On the whole i would say the support from the team was good without being exceptional.
    I thought that the Canton Stand was unusually quiet in the first half, even before they scored.