Just wondering your opinions on this incident today. I sold a spare season ticket to a tidy young man after advertising it on social media, I met the man at the ground and we went in together, he gave me the ticket back and I asked him if he was coming to sit by us (Canton stand), he replied “no, he was meeting his mates and going by them”. 20 minutes into the game he rang me to say the stewards were putting him out because he had no ticket, I went down to the concourse to explain to the stewards that I had the ticket he used to get in.
They claim he had told them he used a paper ticket so they were chucking him out anyway, I said , the seat next to me was empty so why could he not come up by us which is where he should have been anyway, the stewards didn’t want to know. Apparently where he was with his mates there was overcrowding so the stewards started checking tickets,an therefore this problem arose.
I think the stewards could have just let him come up by us where the seat was empty , he had paid to get in and got kicked out on 20mins. I think the stewards were being a bit cocky to be honest , but some were better than others. A yellow jacket goes to their head a bit.