Click here for Cardiff City personalised gift shop
Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: RANT: Disappointed, impressed and angry about today.

  1. #1

    RANT: Disappointed, impressed and angry about today.

    Disappointed.
    Not because we lost or made some silly individual mistakes that once again led to goals, but because we didnít see an improvement today. The players worked hard and competed well for thirty minutes but were often chasing shadows and guilty of giving the ball away too easily on the few occasions that they had it. But letís not forget how good Man City are, individually and collectively. They were classes apart. Despite his mistake I thought Manga had a good game.
    Impressed.
    By the fantastic support that was emanating from the Canton End despite the Ďhammeringí.
    Angry.
    Listening to ĎCall Rob Phillipsí and some of what I heard on there before turning it off.
    Gabiddon saying that NW got our tactics wrong, that we should have spent money, that individual players are not good enough, suggesting that NW cannot handle players who would challenge him, Ratcliffe joining in on the act talking about fear having set in. Fans calling in saying that NW has been found out, that we need 5 new players in January, that we were awful. That Morrison needs replacing.
    Thankfully there were others who were much less negative or quick to complain.

    We know we have an uphill task, and most of us would agree that spending another £50m would guarantee nothing.
    Ok, we had less to smile about today but FFS letís stay supportive. And if you donít like what the pundits are saying then argue with them. I text in my thoughts but didnít get the phone call.

  2. #2

    Re: RANT: Disappointed, impressed and angry about today.

    I must be honest I did find it odd the way we set up today, I thought we should go 5 in midfield jus to try and help to compete some what, I also hope we don't see peltier playing again he was lucky he got injured he was getting torn a new one

  3. #3

    Re: RANT: Disappointed, impressed and angry about today.

    Radio phone ins are not participated in by normal human beings. You have have to have a degree in stupidity and it also advantageous to have a completely unreal grip on reality.

    I believe there is a database of 4 'regulars' including some of the most annoying and dumb women on the planet who offer their 'insight' into the game which most of the time they haven't even been to anyway.

    'Hello Rob - I just wanted to ring in to say I think it is disgraceful that we didn't beat Man City today and Neil should be sacked as he isn't good enough for the premier League - we should be looking to bring in Zidane'

    Thanks for your input moron from St Mellons

  4. #4

    Re: RANT: Disappointed, impressed and angry about today.

    Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Radio phone ins are not participated in by normal human beings. You have have to have a degree in stupidity and it also advantageous to have a completely unreal grip on reality.

    I believe there is a database of 4 'regulars' including some of the most annoying and dumb women on the planet who offer their 'insight' into the game which most of the time they haven't even been to anyway.

    'Hello Rob - I just wanted to ring in to say I think it is disgraceful that we didn't beat Man City today and Neil should be sacked as he isn't good enough for the premier League - we should be looking to bring in Zidane'

    Thanks for your input moron from St Mellons


    It certainly takes a strange breed, to spend their Saturday evening ringing those shows

  5. #5

    Re: RANT: Disappointed, impressed and angry about today.

    The phone ins are often hilarious. I'm sure they are mostly screened beforehand.

  6. #6

    Re: RANT: Disappointed, impressed and angry about today.

    Some of the phone ins are simply very embarrassing .

  7. #7

    Re: RANT: Disappointed, impressed and angry about today.

    [QUOTE=jamieccfc;4916745]I must be honest I did find it odd the way we set up today, I thought we should go 5 in midfield jus to try and help to compete some what, I also hope we don't see peltier playing again he was lucky he got injured he was getting torn a new one[/QUOT i totally agree what you say about peltier,worst player out there today to be honest never have rated him.

  8. #8

    Re: RANT: Disappointed, impressed and angry about today.

    We are ĒawfulĒ. Truly awful.

  9. #9

    Re: RANT: Disappointed, impressed and angry about today.

    Very good post, Blueaway.

  10. #10

    Re: RANT: Disappointed, impressed and angry about today.

    Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    Disappointed.
    Not because we lost or made some silly individual mistakes that once again led to goals, but because we didnít see an improvement today. The players worked hard and competed well for thirty minutes but were often chasing shadows and guilty of giving the ball away too easily on the few occasions that they had it. But letís not forget how good Man City are, individually and collectively. They were classes apart. Despite his mistake I thought Manga had a good game.
    Impressed.
    By the fantastic support that was emanating from the Canton End despite the Ďhammeringí.
    Angry.
    Listening to ĎCall Rob Phillipsí and some of what I heard on there before turning it off.
    Gabiddon saying that NW got our tactics wrong, that we should have spent money, that individual players are not good enough, suggesting that NW cannot handle players who would challenge him, Ratcliffe joining in on the act talking about fear having set in. Fans calling in saying that NW has been found out, that we need 5 new players in January, that we were awful. That Morrison needs replacing.
    Thankfully there were others who were much less negative or quick to complain.

    We know we have an uphill task, and most of us would agree that spending another £50m would guarantee nothing.
    Ok, we had less to smile about today but FFS letís stay supportive. And if you donít like what the pundits are saying then argue with them. I text in my thoughts but didnít get the phone call.
    Great post this ^^ I must say I felt a bit down early into the second half as thought a change or two was coming at half time but my spirits were lifted by the persistence of those around me in the canton end showing amazing support. Man City were on fire yesterday that team has scored more than 5 goals 10 times against premier league sides since Pep came in so no shame there.
    Burnley is the game we must turn up ( players and fans ) there will be a few more drubbings this season but next week is a winnable but very tough game. Bennett, Bamba and Murphy will all start and I feel with the help of our amazing support we will get our first three points of the season.

  11. #11

    Re: RANT: Disappointed, impressed and angry about today.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wokingbluebird View Post
    Great post this ^^ I must say I felt a bit down early into the second half as thought a change or two was coming at half time but my spirits were lifted by the persistence of those around me in the canton end showing amazing support. Man City were on fire yesterday that team has scored more than 5 goals 10 times against premier league sides since Pep came in so no shame there.
    Burnley is the game we must turn up ( players and fans ) there will be a few more drubbings this season but next week is a winnable but very tough game. Bennett, Bamba and Murphy will all start and I feel with the help of our amazing support we will get our first three points of the season.
    Apologies meant 5 or more goals !

  12. #12

    Re: RANT: Disappointed, impressed and angry about today.

    To be fair, anything we get against the "big 6" will be an unexpected bonus. I had a message yesterday from a friend that just read "Oh dear". My response was, "What did you expect?".

    I mean really, did anyone expect us to get anything from that game? As an earlier poster says, next week is where we have to start getting something. I would expect us to take something from a home game with Burnley.

  13. #13

    Re: RANT: Disappointed, impressed and angry about today.

    Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    Disappointed.
    Not because we lost or made some silly individual mistakes that once again led to goals, but because we didnít see an improvement today. The players worked hard and competed well for thirty minutes but were often chasing shadows and guilty of giving the ball away too easily on the few occasions that they had it. But letís not forget how good Man City are, individually and collectively. They were classes apart. Despite his mistake I thought Manga had a good game.
    Impressed.
    By the fantastic support that was emanating from the Canton End despite the Ďhammeringí.
    Angry.
    Listening to ĎCall Rob Phillipsí and some of what I heard on there before turning it off.
    Gabiddon saying that NW got our tactics wrong, that we should have spent money, that individual players are not good enough, suggesting that NW cannot handle players who would challenge him, Ratcliffe joining in on the act talking about fear having set in. Fans calling in saying that NW has been found out, that we need 5 new players in January, that we were awful. That Morrison needs replacing.
    Thankfully there were others who were much less negative or quick to complain.

    We know we have an uphill task, and most of us would agree that spending another £50m would guarantee nothing.
    Ok, we had less to smile about today but FFS letís stay supportive. And if you donít like what the pundits are saying then argue with them. I text in my thoughts but didnít get the phone call.
    Manga was probably our best player. It's difficult to see Bamba getting back in the team unless we switch to playing three at the back.

  14. #14

    Re: RANT: Disappointed, impressed and angry about today.

    It’s very early days. One win makes a huge difference. Far more established teams than Cardiff City get smashed by Man City.
    Burnley next week is winnable. That game will put things into perspective. Win it and you know you have a decent chance of survival.

  15. #15

    Re: RANT: Disappointed, impressed and angry about today.

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    To be fair, anything we get against the "big 6" will be an unexpected bonus. I had a message yesterday from a friend that just read "Oh dear". My response was, "What did you expect?".

    I mean really, did anyone expect us to get anything from that game? As an earlier poster says, next week is where we have to start getting something. I would expect us to take something from a home game with Burnley.
    I tend to agree with you. However we did beat Man City about the same time in the season last time we played in the prem and Man City side were pretty awesome too?

  16. #16

    Re: RANT: Disappointed, impressed and angry about today.

    Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    I tend to agree with you. However we did beat Man City about the same time in the season last time we played in the prem and Man City side were pretty awesome too?
    This Man City are on a different level.

  17. #17

    Re: RANT: Disappointed, impressed and angry about today.

    Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    Disappointed.
    Not because we lost or made some silly individual mistakes that once again led to goals, but because we didnít see an improvement today. The players worked hard and competed well for thirty minutes but were often chasing shadows and guilty of giving the ball away too easily on the few occasions that they had it. But letís not forget how good Man City are, individually and collectively. They were classes apart. Despite his mistake I thought Manga had a good game.
    Impressed.
    By the fantastic support that was emanating from the Canton End despite the Ďhammeringí.
    Angry.
    Listening to ĎCall Rob Phillipsí and some of what I heard on there before turning it off.
    Gabiddon saying that NW got our tactics wrong, that we should have spent money, that individual players are not good enough, suggesting that NW cannot handle players who would challenge him, Ratcliffe joining in on the act talking about fear having set in. Fans calling in saying that NW has been found out, that we need 5 new players in January, that we were awful. That Morrison needs replacing.
    Thankfully there were others who were much less negative or quick to complain.

    We know we have an uphill task, and most of us would agree that spending another £50m would guarantee nothing.
    Ok, we had less to smile about today but FFS letís stay supportive. And if you donít like what the pundits are saying then argue with them. I text in my thoughts but didnít get the phone call.
    I think the bit about the 'Call Rob' programme last night is correct. There was a lot of doom and gloom. but rightly so after that performance/ It was one of the least enjoyable game I have seen, because at no point in the 90+ minutes were we able to compete.
    In think Gabbidon was right to say Warnock got the tactics wrong, first 3 games we played 4-5-1 and let in 2 goals, in the last 3 games with 4-4-2 we have conceded 12! To say we should have spent money though is wrong , as the owner said he wasn't going to and we all know that. But to be fair to spend £4m on a reserve left back, £11m on Murphy and £8m on Reid, who have only both had one full season in the Championship was a bit of a gamble. £3.5m on a reserve 'keeper. That's £26.5m spent on those, when we could have spend the money a little more wisely. Last season's £6m purchase of Madine looks a poor decision too.

    Warnock seems to be good at picking out of favour players like Bamba and Hoilett for nothing, and good at motivation but his ability to spend fund wisely seems to be suspect.

    There's a long way to go though and with 4 of the next 6 games at home we need (and should) pick up some much needed points.

    And you can ignore anything Ratcliffe says, pundit of the year he is not. Isn't he the only person to take 2 teams out of the Football League and manager, Chester and Shrewsbury?

  18. #18

    Re: RANT: Disappointed, impressed and angry about today.

    Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    I tend to agree with you. However we did beat Man City about the same time in the season last time we played in the prem and Man City side were pretty awesome too?
    Not comparable. It was 5 years ago. Both teams had different players and different managers then. We also lost 4-0 at home to Hull City that season.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •