+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The only good thing about today.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The only good thing about today.

Our fans. Awesome. I said at the start of the season that we are ****ed, but got shot down for being dramatic and negative. I sang my lungs out today, but we are as good as down already, and I’m getting a bit pissed off with Warnocks attitude.
    What’s the point of getting promotion if your just gonna rest on your laurels?

Re: The only good thing about today.

Another good thing - we won't face ManC at CCS again this season.

[QUOTE=bobh;4916769]Another good thing - we won't face ManC at CCS again this season.[/QUOTE

No.but we have to go to their place...

I disagree to a certain extent about the fans commitment.

The Ninian stand and the Grandstand were very quiet. What really annoyed me was that even the Canton stand was largely muted after the third goal.

The whole day was a write-off, taking into account the weather too.

I would have accepted a 0-2 result or even 1-4 if it meant we had a goal, but to be dismantled like that was embarrassing and worrying.

Goal difference could have a massive bearing on Premier League survival at the end of the season.

Another good thing - C comes before H alphabetically

Goal difference im pretty certain wont make any difference to our season.😂

Personally, I don’t know what’s enjoyable about getting soaked and losing 5-0, and whilst the phrase may have been coined by Neil to temper expectations, it’s time he reigned it in with the smoke blowing up the arse of other teams and players.

I don’t want to hear our manager laud the opposition before every game, we had enough of that with Captain ****wit (Russell Slade).

We’ve had a tough run of fixtures this last 3, free hits if you like, but it’s time to stop making out the opposition are super human, and start bigging up and believing in our own players, starting next Sunday.

In Fridays press conference I’d rather he spoke highly of our own players, and how we’re going to get at Burnley from the off, rather than wax lyrical about the “fantastic job Dychey has done at Burnley. My type of manager, my type of club, blah, blah, blah”

This David v Goliath patter before and after every game is really starting to grind my gears.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Personally, I don’t know what’s enjoyable about getting soaked and losing 5-0, and whilst the phrase may have been coined by Neil to temper expectations, it’s time he reigned it in with the smoke blowing up the arse of other teams and players.

I don’t want to hear our manager laud the opposition before every game, we had enough of that with Captain ****wit (Russell Slade).

We’ve had a tough run of fixtures this last 3, free hits if you like, but it’s time to stop making out the opposition are super human, and start bigging up and believing in our own players, starting next Sunday.

In Fridays press conference I’d rather he spoke highly of our own players, and how we’re going to get at Burnley from the off, rather than wax lyrical about the “fantastic job Dychey has done at Burnley. My type of manager, my type of club, blah, blah, blah”

This David v Goliath patter before and after every game is really starting to grind my gears.

Agree with you totally!

Slade gave us an inferiority complex, even though we had more Championship experience than most other teams.

I don't want to hear the same of Warnock too.

Totally agree it's as if he's just put up his feet this season and just enjoying it while it lasts

I agree with your sentiments. There is an old management rule called the Peter Principle that says people get promoted until they reach a level of incompetence. I think NW might be in the that situation.
    Last season he was in charge of situations, this season he seems out of his depth.

His interviews run the same pattern....praise the opposition stressing how we are unlikely to get anything from it, praise our fans for their support, and praise the players for giving of their best.

Now we can see that attitude rubbing off on the players.

It will end in tears...and relegation

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Agree with you totally!

Slade gave us an inferiority complex, even though we had more Championship experience than most other teams.

I don't want to hear the same of Warnock too.
    The best, or rather worst example, was when we played an already relegated Blackpool at home, who were by far the worst side in the championship for many a year, and he still pitted us as underdogs, and lucky to be sharing a pitch with them, just because they’d been in the Premier League a few years earlier!!!!

Aaaaaaargh. Don’t get me started on Slade. My heads my thumping as it is.

It was a bit concerning to hear Warnock say on the opening day of the season a few of the lads were a bit nervous against Bournemouth. Bournemouth! I don’t think we’ve got time to be nervous against anyone this season but it does look to me as if more than one of them is going missing in games. Need to rediscover the Warnock fighting spirit again and quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Our fans. Awesome. I said at the start of the season that we are ****ed, but got shot down for being dramatic and negative. I sang my lungs out today, but we are as good as down already, and I’m getting a bit pissed off with Warnocks attitude.
    What’s the point of getting promotion if your just gonna rest on your laurels?
    The only other good thing about yesterday was that we had the third biggest crowd in the Premier League after Manure and Liverpool and our average crowd is in 11th place in the league. It shows the potential we have as a club, we just need a team to match the fans support!

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    The only other good thing about yesterday was that we had the third biggest crowd in the Premier League after Manure and Liverpool and our average crowd is in 11th place in the league. It shows the potential we have as a club, we just need a team to match the fans support!
    That is entirely dependent on the ambition of the owners.

There is a place for gallows humour when your team is struggling if you are a supporter and a manager can get away with it every now and again, but it's becoming a habit now with our boss and I don't see how it can be of any benefit to our survival chances.