+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Our defence -and the changes made

Re: Our defence -and the changes made

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    If the changes were not made due to injuries I find it a bit surprising. Players are going to make mistakes but doesn't stop them being our best players.
    Thats true enough which begs the question of wether our defensive players are good enough for the league they are playing in?
    The answer is probably not?

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    Thats true enough which begs the question of wether our defensive players are good enough for the league they are playing in?
    Cunningham is probably fine but chucking the likes of him and Richards in for their first competitive game in months against one of the best teams ever is kind of throwing them under the bus. I also echo the warnock needs to stop talking shit teams like Newcastle up compared to us.

However I think warnock should get the season regardless, but if we are going to go down then I’d rather it be because we went for it at home to wolves, West Ham and Brighton etc rather than stumbling to the occasional draw by being defensive.

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    Hmm like warnock said Bamba is a better defender than van Dijk

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    I don’t really subscribe to this theory that if we go down, we have a strong team to come back up.
    Firstly, much stronger sides than ours have been relegated and struggled to come back up, promotion from the Championship is a bloody hard ask. Secondly, if we did go down and did manage to come straight back up, then we would be in pretty much the same position as we are now where we have to try and stay up.
    Yep, Stoke,Villa.

Quote Originally Posted by islandblue View Post
    Good post. Look at the money Villa and Derby have spent trying to get promoted the last few seasons and failed. If we go down the side will break up anyway, Arter and Camarassa will go back to their clubs and we may well get offers for the likes of Reid, Murphy and Etheridge. Last season we were a mid table championship side that massively overachieved to get autos thanks to a brilliant manager and great team ethic.
    I feel the same way. It’s not as if we have a long term squad full of youngsters with potential and a young manager who has a long term project in mind. We have a team of grafters with a bit of flair here and there and a manager who will more than likely retire at the end of the season come what may.

The idea that we are going to be a yo yo club that gradually gets better is an idea derived from nothing but cliche. It just feels like a way to paper over what appears to be a lack of planning and a lack of ambition and unimaginative recruitment. There ARE good players out there (not only in the PL) that would jump at the chance to play in this league. You’ve just got to find them. Harry Arter is a quality player. He didn’t turn us down because he knew it was a shot to nothing and a chance to play week in week out and impress on a personal level.

Look at Newport County. Now that is a club struggling for cash. A club that lost two of it’s best players yet have managed, it seems, to have put the work in and put together a competitive side.

Quote Originally Posted by walinoz View Post
    Hmm like warnock said Bamba is a better defender than van Dijk
    I think warnock meant dick van dijk ???