+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Added time yesterday

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Added time yesterday

Peltier was clearly being treated for over 5 minutes early in the second half.
    5 substitutions in the second half other than the Peltier one.

Should have been 8 added minutes by my reckoning. They gave 3. Not even remotely close to accuracy.

Leaving aside the fact we were 5-0 down was this a glaring timing error by the officials or can they cheat teams like Man City out of scoring time.

Re: Added time yesterday

3 minutes were more than enough

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post

Should have been 8 added minutes by my reckoning. They gave 3. Not even remotely close to accuracy.

Leaving aside the fact we were 5-0 down was this a glaring timing error by the officials or can they cheat teams like Man City out of scoring time.
    It must have been a genuine error. 3 minutes equals the 6 subs, ignoring Peltier injury. I suspect that neither Warnock or Gladiola were too bothered...

An error or professional refereeing sympathy. Either way it’s shambolic timekeeping.

I would have been happy to let them have it and end on the 90.

Most fans thought it finished after 60 mins.

Man City fans not happy on the Blue Moon forum, wary of goal difference being a factor at the end of the season, one cheeky fecker also suggested that he’d be annoyed if we stayed up on goal difference because of it. Me, I thought they’d declared!!! 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post

Yep, should have been at least 8 minutes

Yeh, we picked up on this one too as PB says should have been at least 8 minutes. Warnock had spoken to the fourth official very shortly before he put up the 3 minutes, but surely there is no room for that type of throwing in the towel, or ref sympathy. An additional 5 minutes could have lead to more goals which could be crucial for either team at the end of the season.

We discussed this too in pub after the game , 6 substitutes.? , 2 goals plus Peltier injury should have been about 9 minutes extra ! I said perhaps it was meant to be 13 and 4th official forgot the first digit ?

The game was well refereed. Many refs would have sent Ralls off. The extra time thing was probably the only mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Yep, should have been at least 8 minutes
    I could have watched it for hours after the 90 ,I'd still be there now, if the lights could be left on.

Small mercy from the ref. Not sure it should happen when there is so much at stake (over the season, not at 5 nil down). Who is to say what may have happened over another 5 minutes wont have an effect on the league table at the end. Of course it didn't just happen yesterday either.

Also if I had money riding on another goal I'd be annoyed.

There was a discussion about how much added time there would be with about two minutes of the ninety left where I was sat and the consensus was it would be at least eight minutes. Surely if we are all supposed to be "enjoying the ride", we should be disappointed that we were denied the chance to watch another five minutes of our side taking a hammering in the pouring rain?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    There was a discussion about how much added time there would be with about two minutes of the ninety left where I was sat and the consensus was it would be at least eight minutes. Surely if we are all supposed to be "enjoying the ride", we should be disappointed that we were denied the chance to watch another five minutes of our side taking a hammering in the pouring rain?