+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Burnley game coming at just the right time..

Burnley game coming at just the right time..

City's confidence may have been shot to pieces following the Man. City game but they'll have time on the ball and the ideal opportunity in front of 30,000 to show us what they can do. The pressure will be still there, but this isn't a village flower show, it's the best and most demanding league in the world, and a lack lustre, mistake-ridden performance just won't be good enough.

A defeat and a Chris Sutton 'Derby' could be on the cards. A draw and we'll be looking at a long and miserable season, but win, and the club, supporters -and especially the players - will believe we can keep in touch with the rest..

Re: Burnley game coming at just the right time..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    City's confidence may have been shot to pieces following the Man. City game but they'll have time on the ball and the ideal opportunity in front of 30,000 to show us what they can do. The pressure will be still there, but this isn't a village flower show, it's the best and most demanding league in the world, and a lack lustre, mistake-ridden performance just won't be good enough.

A defeat and a Chris Sutton 'Derby' could be on the cards. A draw and we'll be looking at a long and miserable season, but win, and the club, supporters -and especially the players - will believe we can keep in touch with the rest..
    So the Burnley game might not be coming at just the right time..

I'd quite like to see Zohore AND Ward up top next sunday, personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    I'd quite like to see Zohore AND Ward up top next sunday, personally.
    I would as well. I’d like to think that Ken has a point to prove and next week would be an ideal time to do so, not coming on 3 or 4 down against Man City.

A win next week would be a massive confidence boost for players and fans. Trouble is of course, we’ve got Spurs and liverpol away before we finally get into calmer waters, and a run of fixtures that you’d like to think may give us a chance of getting a few points on the board.

Couldn't come at a worse time. We have been thrashed 2 games in a row and Burnley won their first match. If it was the other way around that would be the right time.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Couldn't come at a worse time. We have been thrashed 2 games in a row and Burnley won their first match. If it was the other way around that would be the right time.
    Thrashed in goals conceded but we were all found positives after Chelsea.

Why give any credit to Sutton? His prediction might come true (it almost definitely won't) but a broken clock is right twice a day. Man gives controversial opinions to get people talking about him and here you are giving him credit.

Burnley won't be as good as they were this week and won't be as bad as they were the game before. We won't be as bad as we were this week. We need crowd and players to believe as they did against Arsenal or Newcastle and start to build the home advantage.

We will be lucky to get 20k through the turnstiles Sunday so it is up to us there to support the team.
    This is going to be a very difficult game. I would not be unhappy with a point.
    Just go back to basics Neil. Stop messing with formations.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    We will be lucky to get 20k through the turnstiles Sunday so it is up to us there to support the team.
    What's your thinking about lucky to get 20k? Most important game of season so should get 30k plus.

One win changes everything, come on Cardiff I will be cheering you on,

Quote Originally Posted by Fulham traveller View Post
    One win changes everything, come on Cardiff I will be cheering you on,
    Lend us Mitrovic for a game?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    A win next week would be a massive confidence boost for players and fans. Trouble is of course, we’ve got Spurs and liverpol away before we finally get into calmer waters, and a run of fixtures that you’d like to think may give us a chance of getting a few points on the board.
    I think in this league, when you're a struggling club, a win can sustain spirits until the next 'winnable' game comes along...

Where on earth do you get the 'lucky to get 20000' crowd prediction from ?. The ground is almost sold out apart from the upper ninian. God - you are the most pessimistic person on here sometimes. There will be at least 28000 and probably 30000+ there on Sunday and there is no reason why we cant get 3 points with the crowds full backing. Lots of people criticised NW for the way we played last season and the same people are now moaning that we have changed tactics to a more attacking style and want us to go back to they way it was. I give up.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Lend us Mitrovic for a game?
    The lack of such a player gives us only the slimmest of chance of staying up.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    We're a RB and a striker off a first 11 that has a decent chance. It means even greater need for things to go our way and thus far, NML injury, they haven't. We're not out of it and crowd and squad needs to continue to believe, support, encourage but it's been tricky so far.

Last time we were in the premier league I couldn’t wait for the big teams. This time I’m looking forward to the winnable games. Just want the top 6 out of the way tbh. I’m sure we’ll get way past 20k. We ****ing should!

It's still an EPL game. We'll get at least 28K probably closer to 30K.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I'd say no chance. The only scenario that would see us playing in the Prem. next season is if City are still in touching distance when the window opens in January and we boost the squad with at least TWO good additions..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I'd say no chance. The only scenario that would see us playing in the Prem. next season is if City are still in touching distance when the window opens in January and we boost the squad with at least TWO good additions..
    And they have to be convinced to come here too

Quote Originally Posted by walinoz View Post
    And they have to be convinced to come here too
    Danny Simpson is available. Over 100 PL appearances for Leicester. Solid, experienced right back. We could probably get him on loan.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Danny Simpson is available. Over 100 PL appearances for Leicester. Solid, experienced right back. We could probably get him on loan.
    Thought he was a left back.