+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Have we become too soft ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Have we become too soft ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    The truth is, we aren’t a dirty side. There’s no one in our first team who I would call a dirty player.
    I'd agree, although in fairness City should have had two players sent off already this season.

I couldn't help wondering on Saturday what the score would have been had Bamba played. I was initially surprised he was left out, but after watching the likes of Aguero, Sane and Sterling dancing around in the penalty area I think he would have been a certainty to give away at least one penalty.

What do you make of Morrison so far this season, Tim? He looked solid last year and was one of the few I thought could possibly make the step up, but he looks low on confidence to me at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I'd agree, although in fairness City should have had two players sent off already this season.

I couldn't help wondering on Saturday what the score would have been had Bamba played. I was initially surprised he was left out, but after watching the likes of Aguero, Sane and Sterling dancing around in the penalty area I think he would have been a certainty to give away at least one penalty.

What do you make of Morrison so far this season, Tim? He looked solid last year and was one of the few I thought could possibly make the step up, but he looks low on confidence to me at the moment.
    Morrison was excellent in the first 3 games, I just think he’s been nervous when he’s come up against the real top players at Arsenal, Man City and Chelsea. He wasn’t the only one. Manga looked the only one of our back 4 who wasn’t overawed- until he passed it straight to Mahrez 😂

I’d expect him to be back to normal next week.

As for the sendings off then from what I’ve seen of other sides, then most clubs ‘could have’ had more players sent off.

Just glad the refs are using a bit of common sense otherwise we’d hardly see an 11v 11 game

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

Not doing much this season thus far defensively. Obviosuly useful at set pieces. I was going to suggest a Bamba and Manga centre back partnership tomorrow with Morrison on the bench, but thought I would be fired down on here for it.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Not doing much this season thus far defensively. Obviosuly useful at set pieces. I was going to suggest a Bamba and Manga centre back partnership tomorrow with Morrison on the bench, but thought I would be fired down on here for it.
    Spedger
    He had a great chance to win the game at Huddersfield. Wondering if that has knocked him?