+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Futsal

Futsal

Does anyone play?

Watching the England National team playing now on BBC Sport, was curious how Wales are competing. I see we do have a national team that is represented by the FAW. However all the players seem to be made up from University societies.

I play GK at 5-a-side and leisure leagues regularly and would like to get involved with Futsal as it seems to be a growing sport. But as I am no longer a student can not see me joining a UNI team.

Re: Futsal

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    Does anyone play?

Watching the England National team playing now on BBC Sport, was curious how Wales are competing. I see we do have a national team that is represented by the FAW. However all the players seem to be made up from University societies.

I play GK at 5-a-side and leisure leagues regularly and would like to get involved with Futsal as it seems to be a growing sport. But as I am no longer a student can not see me joining a UNI team.
    I don't know how often they look at this board but there is a poster called Mozzer (or something like that) who seems to know more about Futsal than anyone I've ever met. Hopefully they see this and are able to answer your question but if not might be worth sending a PM.

I,m watching too

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/45561595

what you wanna know chris lee I,m clued up about welsh-uk futsal

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    I,m watching too

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/45561595

what you wanna know chris lee I,m clued up about welsh-uk futsal
    Any amateur leagues or clubs I can join in the Cardiff/Bridgend area ?

the welsh fa run an elite futsal league both in the north and souh wales . basically the winners of each league play each other at the end of the season and the winners go onto to represent wales in the european champions league . if your in the bridgend area your sought of half way house as there are 2 sides that play at llandarcy and 2 from the cardiff area . i,m sure all sides welcomes new players . drop me a PM for more info . by the way lots of welsh league 11 aside players are taking up the sport now not just university players

as for the wales national side they are gearing up for the british home futsal championships in December . This year the tournament is being held in belfast and also preparing for the world cup qualifiers in January.