+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "Neil Warnock dangerously close to being sacked."

Re: "Neil Warnock dangerously close to being sacked."

Having just read right through this thread yours is the one I align with the most Valley Boy

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    "All over the world" are important words there as well - for example, Gross, arguably Brighton's most influential player last season, cost them just a £1.5 million transfer fee. I may be wrong, but I can't help thinking that we learned of Camarasa's availability on the weekend we played Betis and, although there were rumours about us signing German midfielders who played for Turkish clubs, we stayed firmly in the domestic market with it's inflated prices, even for lower division players.

Also, I think we may well have Warnock going for different players to the ones we signed if we had another £10 million to spend, so it's not quite the same as saying we could only sign players for £9 million or less.
    I've mentioned this a few times, but when we got promoted in 2013, Tan was quick to suggest we don't need to spend millions on a top striker as Swansea only spent £2m on Michu.

I think it's safe to say that Tan is more a businessman than a knowledgeable football person, but it's a statement that always worried me. Is Tan really thinking we don't need to spend millions, we just need the right management team? There is some sort of truth to it - some players work better with certain managers and certain environments, but any thought that it's relatively easy to create a great team without spending lots is nonsense.

The unexpected promotion last season has given Warnock a “get out of jail free ” card in my eyes but I wish he had bought a striker and a right back !

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I think it needs to be remembered that Vincent Tan converted nearly £70 million of club debt into equity once our promotion had been confirmed.
    This perhaps makes the question more interesting. Would we be happy for Tan to have reduced the the equity conversion by £20m for example and make an equivalent available for us to spend on players, only for us to remain probably still favourites for relegation?

If so, how about reducing it by £30m or £40m to further increase our chances of staying-up, but still with no guarantees? How far in fact would would we be prepared to gamble the club’s financial security to stay-up?

I’m not suggesting this is exactly how it would work in reality, but having to prioritise and assess risks is probably a more realistic reflection on how decisions are made, rather than just plucking tens of millions of pounds from nowhere to make things better.

This thread is a perfect example of the fact that there are a number of people who post on the board who 1). pretend to be fans but arent really and 2). don't actually attend games but try to give the impression that they are 'experts' on the team, manager and owner but actually know very little, if anything, about much including what day it is.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    This thread is a perfect example of the fact that there are a number of people who post on the board who 1). pretend to be fans but arent really and 2). don't actually attend games but try to give the impression that they are 'experts' on the team, manager and owner but actually know very little, if anything, about much including what day it is.
    But there will be plenty of people who post on this board who 1) are genuine fans and 2) do attend games, and who don't try to give the impression they are experts on the team, manager and owner and who actually know quite a bit, but who will have quite different opinions to yours. You seem to struggle with that, for some reason.

Pretending everything is OK and not caring whether we win or lose doesn't make you a "real" fan.

Grow up ffs

Can you give us some examples?

He deserves the season but he’ll be nearly 71 at start of next season so I think the club have got some decisions to make about the future.

Seeing Lampard at Derby and the young players he’s brought in on loan, maybe it’s time for Bellers to take the mantle in the championship next season.

It’s been mentioned many times by gringo, lomanski and the danish guy can’t remember his name but we really need to start looking at our scouting network abroad the players are out there who cost very little but are very good, I always thought we could at least spend 50 million without breaking the bank too much but would I really trust warnock to spend that amount of money?

sadly the uk is not producing enough of the top level players that is required for the prem these days . only mentioned last week the percentage of home grown players is dropping like a stone playing regular in the prem . All the best over see players are now with clubs so what's the answer ? . oh yes lets sack the manager !

I believe Tan said in a interview that he thought we had a good enough squad to stay up and compete. I also believe he is well aware Warnock’s track record in the premiership.
    Like I said before, I don’t think any other manager will get much more out of this squad. But I also believe Warnock to be limited in the tactical department. I’m not sure how many more matches he got before ol Winnie will pull the plug. Remember, he wouldn’t even let Ole settle a new squad more than seven games. Loose tomorrow, and the pressure is on.