+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Neil Warnock dangerously close to being sacked."

"Neil Warnock dangerously close to being sacked."

http://fantasysports.co.uk/2018/09/2...-close-sacked/

Fantasy Sports sounds about right.

Re: "Neil Warnock dangerously close to being sacked."

Indeed.
    I see he’s favourite to be the next PL sacking at 4/1 on skybet as of last night.
    Load of shite, or at least I hope!

Its the sort of rubbish WoL would print

What a load of crap!

Vinny elbowed Paul Trollope after just two wins from the first 11 league games of a new season, and it was rumoured he took a lot of persuading not to press the eject button after the 8th game following another home loss to Leeds. It's not hard to envisage him getting on the blower to Big Sam should no wins be forthcoming from the next six games.

Ridiculous

It depends on who's idea it was to only spend 26 million on Championship players. If it was NW's he should go. If it was Tan's he should shut the **** up and let NW get on with it.

If we lose to bournemouth and spurs and i th8nk he will be gone.
    Last edited by chepstow; 25-09-18 at 11:41. Reason: Spelling

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    So.... if we lose to Spurs then.

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    Perhaps you should have checked more than just your spelling when editing.. which you still got wrong

Regarding the OP, ridiculous at this time to be even mentioning it, especially once the fixtures were announced knowing the task ahead.

I'm sure many of us know what has gone on with previous managers and can draw our own conclusions of what will happen should certain results go against us, but most would prefer keep scrum rather than fuel the sensationalist speculation.

If Tan had backed him, and by backed him I mean to the level of spending that Wolves and Fulham have done, then I could half believe this but not with what we started with and what we added to it.

It was no secret we needed a proven striker and a right back and arguably more but no manager would go in light if they didn't have to and have to work with what they are given. I think Warnock has done reasonably well given what he has brought in. I can't see anybody else doing too much better with this squad.

I honestly thought Tan would free more finances for Warnock. I know many have gone with the once bitten, twice shy argument but did we really spend that much last time out. Most of what we did spend we saw back too, obviously ignoring the whole Cornelius situation.

What a load of CRAP ....... I'd be surprised if Tan gets rid of Neil.

He's been absolutely amazing to the club - Not as if we were favorites to beat the drop in the first place

It sounds unlikely, as it looks like VT's strategy this time is to just try and avoid relegation and hopefully gradually build up a better team over time. This start will not be a surprise to him or anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    to just try and avoid relegation
    When does this start?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Fantasy Sports sounds about right.
    + 1, we are lucky to have Neil Warnock as our manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    When does this start?
    It's started - surely you've noticed our position is exactly where it needs to be for this to be the case? Just within touching distance of safety which we'll achieve on the final day by drawing whilst our rivals for relegation mess up their effort by losing to teams they should probably have beaten.

Very appropriate I think...

This is the reason I gave up the forum.

It's a clickbait site, I got spammed with Amazon ads, what did you lot get?

This start will not be a surprise to him or anyone.
    You wouldn't think so, although pre-season Vinnie told the Malaysian press: “We have got Newcastle, Arsenal and the champions, Manchester City at home and Bournemouth, Huddersfield and Chelsea away. We need to get off to a good start, but realistically speaking, I will be happy if we can get six to nine points from the maximum 18 that’s on offer.”

That seemed very optimistic when it was published. It seems even more so now.

Trying to work out what Tan is thinking is always a risky business, but I'd be surprised if even he is considering getting shot of Warnock at this early stage.

Not clicking , it’s bound to be bollocks.

If the club sack him it would there worse decision on record behind rebrand

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    You wouldn't think so, although pre-season Vinnie told the Malaysian press: “We have got Newcastle, Arsenal and the champions, Manchester City at home and Bournemouth, Huddersfield and Chelsea away. We need to get off to a good start, but realistically speaking, I will be happy if we can get six to nine points from the maximum 18 that’s on offer.”

That seemed very optimistic when it was published. It seems even more so now.

Trying to work out what Tan is thinking is always a risky business, but I'd be surprised if even he is considering getting shot of Warnock at this early stage.
    To be fair, if we'd been able to take advantage of 10-man Hudds and Newcastle then that would have been right. I don't think we're far off where we need to be - it's just that the players themselves need to believe they are good enough before we'll see from them what they were capable of delivering in the Championship. It's a really delicate balancing act now. Beat Burnley on Saturday and I think they'll start to relax a bit. Lose and we're in trouble...

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    This is the reason I gave up the forum.
    Your getting mixed up mate .

You gave up the forum because you are a Ku.nt and you are not welcome round these parts.

I hope I cleared that little misunderstanding up for you ?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    If the club sack him it would there worse decision on record behind rebrand
    If results dont improve Warnock will get sacked , as sure as eggs are eggs..

Its football guys , its what happens .

To be fair, if we'd been able to take advantage of 10-man Hudds and Newcastle then that would have been right. I don't think we're far off where we need to be - it's just that the players themselves need to believe they are good enough before we'll see from them what they were capable of delivering in the Championship. It's a really delicate balancing act now. Beat Burnley on Saturday and I think they'll start to relax a bit. Lose and we're in trouble...
    You can believe you’re good enough but that only goes so far. Having quality and quality options in most parts of the squad is what will keep you up. Maybe if you have manager and squad longevity and a football philosophy that suits the PL you can stay up. I feel like we have none of the above, or at least not enough of it. Our football philosophy suits the championship and maybe you can get away with and intense diresct style of play in the PL but you have to have the players to carry that out to perfection. I feel like the players we have at the moment are not quite technically good enough to outplay the opposition and aren’t quite big enough to outmuscle them either.... I’m thinking Murphy, Reid, Ward, Zohore, Hoylett. As far as Warnock goes, he might be a likeable character but I’m not sure he has the tactical acumen for elite football in the modern era.

I can’t see Alardyce rescuing City with the squad he’d have. And I can’t see Tan throwing money at the problem at xmas if he didn’t want to in the summer.

Keep Warnock. Bring in a higher profile striker in January and see if we can fight our way to 17th spot. Team spirit is our most valuable attribute at the moment. Take Warnock out and I think you can kiss goodbye to any hope of staying up.