+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The last 3 games and Burnley Saturday

The last 3 games and Burnley Saturday

With hindsight, would we have been better going for a 5-3-2 formation against the last 3 teams ? after losing 2 wingers in Murphy and Mendez-Laing to injury , our squad seemed perfect to reverting to playing 5 at the back. I doubt very much if we would have got much out of them games anyway, but I think we would have been a lot harder to beat. Bennett / Cuningham on the left, Paterson / Richards on the right. Im guessing we have not trained this formation in pre season etc.

Whilst the 4-4-2 looked decent against Arsenal, Im not sure it worked well at all against Chelsea or Man City. Lets get back to what we were good at last year. 4-3-3. Hopefully Murphy and Hoilet can play saturday, with Ward up top. Ive been disappointed with Zohore and Madine this year. A midfield of Ralls, Camarasa, Arter. Richards right back. Manga doesn't give us enough going forward and we are weak as it is in that area. Lots of crosses into the box with Camarasa pushing on please Neil.

Re: The last 3 games and Burnley Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    With hindsight, would we have been better going for a 5-3-2 formation against the last 3 teams ? after losing 2 wingers in Murphy and Mendez-Laing to injury , our squad seemed perfect to reverting to playing 5 at the back. I doubt very much if we would have got much out of them games anyway, but I think we would have been a lot harder to beat. Bennett / Cuningham on the left, Paterson / Richards on the right. Im guessing we have not trained this formation in pre season etc.

Whilst the 4-4-2 looked decent against Arsenal, Im not sure it worked well at all against Chelsea or Man City. Lets get back to what we were good at last year. 4-3-3. Hopefully Murphy and Hoilet can play saturday, with Ward up top. Ive been disappointed with Zohore and Madine this year. A midfield of Ralls, Camarasa, Arter. Richards right back. Manga doesn't give us enough going forward and we are weak as it is in that area. Lots of crosses into the box with Camarasa pushing on please Neil.
    Sunday !

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post

I agree that we should revert back to the system that has worked so well over the last 2 years.
    The object now is to grind out a few draws /wins and I dont care if I'm bored shirtless.
    Manga has to start at full back, not Richards.

Sundays game will be physical.I would'nt be surprised to see Paterson start in front of Camarasa.
    Victor has had a tough start.Hes due a rest.
    I also believe we were to quick to rip up last seasons team.

I think Warnock used the last 3 games to try stuff out tactically ,knowing we potentially would lose them anyway .

Really hope we can get a win against burnley
    Big Ben and his burton minows have dumped them out the cup tonight??