+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Devils on TV tonight

Devils on TV tonight

Play Nottingham panthers tonight. Live on Freesports TV channel, available via sky, virgin and even free view apparently.

https://www.freesports.tv

Re: Devils on TV tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Play Nottingham panthers tonight. Live on Freesports TV channel, available via sky, virgin and even free view apparently.

https://www.freesports.tv
    Happy to give it a watch. I went to a few Devils matches last season fitting them in after home matches. Always a good crowd and atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Happy to give it a watch. I went to a few Devils matches last season fitting them in after home matches. Always a good crowd and atmosphere.
    I just bought tickets to see the Dusseldorf v Augsburg ice hockey game on the same weekend in January when a Gladbach home game (coincidentally v Augsburg) is pencilled in.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    I enjoy the sport, the skill and the pace,but the atmosphere makes me cringe.

They play the anthem and hardly anyone sings it, then the rest of it seems Americanised, synthetic and manufactured.

Doesn’t necessarily spoil it , just seems a bit unnecessary as the game would create an atmosphere on its own.

I've only been to one ice hockey game, that was in the Devil's first season at the old rink next to Toys R'us. I was stood behind the goal at the end near the entrance. The players were doing their usual pre-match warm up routine, when all of a sudden, a stray puck hit the net, came through and caught me on the thigh. I was later told that a spectator at another Devils home game wasn't so lucky.. and caught the puck full in the face!

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post

They play the anthem and hardly anyone sings it, then the rest of it seems Americanised, synthetic and manufactured.

Doesn’t necessarily spoil it , just seems a bit unnecessary as the game would create an atmosphere on its own.
    I personally love the atmosphere, I find the mood just light-hearted fun, not very intense or gripping like football, but I enjoy the change, and is great place to go for some beers with friends, and fantastic to take little ones!

Lets go Devils.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I just bought tickets to see the Dusseldorf v Augsburg ice hockey game on the same weekend in January when a Gladbach home game (coincidentally v Augsburg) is pencilled in.
    Did you pay in Euros?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Did you pay in Euros?
    Last week I quietly completed my task of visiting every independent European country, by the way, Wally-Bollocks

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    Lets go Devils.
    Where ?

I’ve only just got here FFS

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    I personally love the atmosphere, I find the mood just light-hearted fun, not very intense or gripping like football, but I enjoy the change, and is great place to go for some beers with friends, and fantastic to take little ones!
    Agree it’s good for kids, it just feels weird

2 up at end of second period

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post

I only ever went to one ice hockey match - Sheffield Steelers v Cardiff Devils - and it was years ago, but what you describe is exactly why I never wanted to go again. It did spoil it. GSTQ, union flags, popcorn and synthetic Americana - my idea of hell!

Lost 3-4

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    Lost 3-4
    3-1 up and conspired to lose 4-3 with seconds on the clock in the final period. Good to see free to air, live, matches on tv. Yes, it's different to going to the CCS. No segregation, more of a family audience, drinking allowed. The days of "went to a fight and a hockey match broke out" seem long gone. Full credit to Panthers for their tribute and minutes applause before the game in memory of Devil's fans daughter who sadly passed away.

Never been before but going next Saturday with the missus.
    Hopefully a good evening.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Never been before but going next Saturday with the missus.
    Hopefully a good evening.
    Try the John Wayne burger its lush.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I only ever went to one ice hockey match - Sheffield Steelers v Cardiff Devils - and it was years ago, but what you describe is exactly why I never wanted to go again. It did spoil it. GSTQ, union flags, popcorn and synthetic Americana - my idea of hell!
    Glad it’s not just me. It doesn’t bother my wife or daughters, but my lad cringes as much as I do 👍

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    If you've not been to Ice Arena Wales then it's worth giving it a go for a unique Welsh take on proceedings. If it's one thing Devil's are very good at it's ramping up the atmosphere particularly with their pre-match videos. Yes it can be a bit cheesy but Devil's fans are now finding their own voice/developing their own songs and chants. Belfast Giants showed the way forward in the Challenge Cup final. They've taken football chants and adapted them for ice hockey. It's perfectly possible to go to CCS in the afternoon, down the Bay/IAW afterwards and take in a Devil's match. Plenty more parking too now that Toys R Us have gone bust.

Do the crowd still get more excited about the punch ups than they do when their team scores?