+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Interesting article on Joe Ralls here

Re: Interesting article on Joe Ralls here

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    How do they show he was more effecfive? Neves interceptions and and tackles add up to more than Ralls?

And due to Wolves dominating posession, thanks to Neves, they had less defending to do.
    So it’s OK to judge players on their stats now ? Interesting

So you are intentionally ignoring headers and clearances ?

Morrison might as well not turn up tomorrow as it seems heading and clearing are not part of defending 😂

And I was accused of manipulating the stats 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    So it’s OK to judge players on their stats now ? Interesting

So you are intentionally ignoring headers and clearances ?

Morrison might as well not turn up tomorrow as it seems heading and clearing are not part of defending 😂

And I was accused of manipulating the stats 😂
    That’s because Cardiff play hoofball he’s bound to have more headed challenges 😂

As for clearances Neves passes the ball out not just hoof it anywhere so wouldn’t count as a clearance.

And central midfielders aerial challengers are clearly different to those of a centre half, last man on defence, I’d expect you the know that.

Then again you thought Neves was an attacking midfielder 😄

[QUOTE=jamieccfc;4917874]So maybe Neves is doing his job a lot better than Ralls which results in the fact he doesn't have to defend as often[/QUOTE

😂

Or maybe it’s just Ralls does more of the dirty work, because that’s something he’s very good at.

👍

[QUOTE=Lawnmower;4917883]
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    So maybe Neves is doing his job a lot better than Ralls which results in the fact he doesn't have to defend as often[/QUOTE

😂

Or maybe it’s just Ralls does more of the dirty work, because that’s something he’s very good at.

👍
    Get on the phone to Pep, Tim. You could save him 60/70 million if he signs Ralls instead of Neves. Even at 5% commission that’s a cool 3/3.5mm for you. 👍🏻

That’s because Cardiff play hoofball he’s bound to have more headed challenges 😂

As for clearances Neves passes the ball out not just hoof it anywhere so wouldn’t count as a clearance,
    Heading is a key part of a defensive game as are clearances.

You have to win your battles .

[QUOTE=J R Hartley;4917884]

Get on the phone to Pep, Tim. You could save him 60/70 million if he signs Ralls instead of Neves. Even at 5% commission that’s a cool 3/3.5mm for you. 👍🏻
    Now you are just being rude 😂

Sorry Tim but you’re too biased you was the same with the Sane tackle

As for clearances Neves passes the ball out not just hoof it anywhere so wouldn’t count as a clearance.

And central midfielders aerial challengers are clearly different to those of a centre half, last man on defence, I’d expect you the know that.

Then again you thought Neves was an attacking midfielder 😄

That’s not what I said though is it ?

This is what I said

‘They aren’t really directly comparable Attacking wise its no contest, but I’m sure Ralls is better defensively and that’s just as important especially for a side like us who have very little of the ball.‘

What’s the matter with you all ?

Can’t you debate this properly without twisting what I have posted ?

Is it that difficult?

I can clearly see what your opinions are, and it’s no big deal, so why resort to this ?

Do you really think it’ll change my opinion ?

Why are you changing the question ?

I asked you what games you’d seen Neves play and what defensive work he’d done that stood out, and you’ve just come up with stuff about the future that nobody will know for sure.
    I’ve seen him play about 10 times for wolves plus a lot of highlights from last season plus I’ve seen him play about 2 or 3 for Portugal.

Plus I listen to a lot of European football podcasts and read a lot of football media and he’s been highly rated forever. Just like most people knew mbappé was going to be a top player before he’d even played for Monaco.

Plus I’ve seen ralls play about 100 times he’s a decent player for our level and nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Sorry Tim but you’re too biased you was the same with the Sane tackle
    Yeah I’m biased.

I’m also a dirty footballer who thinks the game has gone soft.

Happy 😂

but I’m sure Ralls is better defensively
    Than portugal’s defensive midfielder?

Well, this thread has gone in an interesting direction while I've been watching the golf .

First thing to say is I'd have Neves in my team any day of the week before Ralls, but, I'm amazed at the number of people queuing up to criticise one of our best players in this thread. I think Tim has gone a bit far with some of the stuff he has said, but, in both the article in the OP and in one of his posts, there are some impressive stats to back up the argument that Ralls is a better player than he's given credit for by people in this thread who, seemingly, think that players should be judged solely on what happens when they are in possession.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Well, this thread has gone in an interesting direction while I've been watching the golf .

First thing to say is I'd have Neves in my team any day of the week before Ralls, but, I'm amazed at the number of people queuing up to criticise one of our best players in this thread. I think Tim has gone a bit far with some of the stuff he has said, but, in both the article in the OP and in one of his posts, there are some impressive stats to back up the argument that Ralls is a better player than he's given credit for by people in this thread who, seemingly, think that players should be judged solely on what happens when they are in possession.
    Don’t get me wrong I think Ralls is a good player but i don’t think he’s premier league class, really what midfield would he get in apart from ours and maybe Huddersfield?

I think Fulham could do with a player like him, Southampton possibly, Burnley perhaps and you'd have to think that sides that are promoted would be interested.

I think Fulham could do with a player like him, Southampton possibly, Burnley perhaps and you'd have to think that sides that are promoted would be interested.
    He wouldn't get in either of those sides imo based on their current midfielders

Ralls is a very good championship midfielder, He may develop into something better, although he'd better get wriggle on.

Maybe he could fit into a system where he was given a specific job, with others around him being creative. He's slow on the ball, watch how he has to reset himself because he hasn't got a quick footballing brain. Tim alluded to the fact that he doesn't have anyone to pass to, that's a problem for us, but then Ralls needs to learn how to keep the ball and be strong, draw fouls or knock a decent hail Mary over the fullbacks head and turn the opposition. He panics in possession and he doesn't have a quick brain in tight situations, imperative at this level and in the way we play. He's a good player, but doesn't have the speed of thought for me. I reckon that he'll do well tomorrow though, Burnley will not commit to flooding the midfield or pressing us to high.

I think he’s a good player just not in the same class as Neves.

Now sorry I have to go someone is saying hazard is better than hoilett on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Ralls is a very good championship midfielder, He may develop into something better, although he'd better get wriggle on.

Maybe he could fit into a system where he was given a specific job, with others around him being creative. He's slow on the ball, watch how he has to reset himself because he hasn't got a quick footballing brain. Tim alluded to the fact that he doesn't have anyone to pass to, that's a problem for us, but then Ralls needs to learn how to keep the ball and be strong, draw fouls or knock a decent hail Mary over the fullbacks head and turn the opposition. He panics in possession and he doesn't have a quick brain in tight situations, imperative at this level and in the way we play. He's a good player, but doesn't have the speed of thought for me. I reckon that he'll do well tomorrow though, Burnley will not commit to flooding the midfield or pressing us to high.

I was saying this over 3 years ago. People were literally laughing at me then.

http://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php...s-Revell-Mason

Warnock said this week he's basically asking Ralls to do the job Gunnarsson normally does. If Ralls plays his natural game, which to me is keeping it simple, neat and tidy, ticking things over.. he's very accomplished at it. He's not a combative tough tackling defensive midfielder.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    Warnock said this week he's basically asking Ralls to do the job Gunnarsson normally does. If Ralls plays his natural game, which to me is keeping it simple, neat and tidy, ticking things over.. he's very accomplished at it. He's not a combative tough tackling defensive midfielder.
    If he’s doing gunnar’s job he wants to drop that pass completion to somewhere around 45%

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    If he’s doing gunnar’s job he wants to drop that pass completion to somewhere around 45%

Here’s an interesting fact about ralls, he’s not a bad player but he’s not anywhere near as good as arter, Camarasa or Murphy.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Here’s an interesting fact about ralls, he’s not a bad player but he’s not anywhere near as good as arter, Camarasa or Murphy.
    But he’s better than Neves. Defensively.