+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 2 BURNLEY. Match thread

CARDIFF CITY 1 - 2 BURNLEY. Match thread

The only EPL game on Sunday.

ko 4pm.

Re: CARDIFF CITY v BURNLEY. Match thread

Would love to see Zohore and Ward up top, with a midfield 4 of Murphy, Arter, Ralls and Camasara. Huge game.

Judging by Warnock's comments no way will Zohore start. He bigged up Cunningham though and also said he was impressed by a player he hadn't used so far,in training. Guess that's either Kadeem or Damour.
    Back line will be in think
    Etheridge
    Manga
    Bamba
    Morrie
    Cunningham

MF
    Camarasa
    Arter
    Ralls

Front 3
    A choice between
    Hoilett
    Ward
    Reid
    Kadeem
    Murphy

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Judging by Warnock's comments no way will Zohore start. He bigged up Cunningham though and also said he was impressed by a player he hadn't used so far,in training. Guess that's either Kadeem or Damour.
    Back line will be in think
    Etheridge
    Manga
    Bamba
    Morrie
    Cunningham

MF
    Camarasa
    Arter
    Ralls

Front 3
    A choice between
    Hoilett
    Ward
    Reid
    Kadeem
    Murphy
    Wonder if there's any chance Cunningham comes in for Bamba ? Seems harsh on Bennett to drop him for two games. With regards to the front line, i'd like to see Hoilett given a rest sunday.

In my opinion, Hoilett and Zohore don’t deserve a place in the starting 11. Zohore is just a big lump who’s getting bullied by defenders of all sizes, I don’t know why there was such a hype about him, I thought the end of last season he was no where to be seen. He’s not a prolific goal scorer in the championship and clearly not in the premier. I’m disappointed in Hoilett as I reckon he can step up and compete but he needs to run at defenders and try and go past them, doesn’t matter if he loses the ball. I’d rather see the team try when they attack rather than just pass it around the midfield then hoof it up to the lone striker. As that’s all we are doing and it’s not working what so ever. (Apologies about that rant but it’s been frustrating to watch!)

I think we should play 4-3-1-2..

Etheridge
    Bennett
    Bamba (if NW has had words about silly mistakes) or Cunningham
    Morrison
    Manga

Ralls
    Gunnarsson (surely he should be fit now?) or Camarasa
    Arter

Reid

Ward
    Madine - to rough up the defence then bring on Murphy at half time to make the difference.

What’s the chances of getting Will Grigg in January?

Bloody hell Mike

Not one for saying season will be defined by one game usually but this is a cup final for us.

Shirely we have enough for a 2-1 win.

Bit mystified with people wanting Ward given another chance? Hasn't shown a great deal as far as I am concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Seabird View Post
    Bit mystified with people wanting Ward given another chance? Hasn't shown a great deal as far as I am concerned.
    A lot more than Zohore and when Maxine has been given a chance, he has also offered nothing.
    Ward might be ok with better support. He is not a lone striker.

Cardiff City v Burnley
    Cardiff City Stadium
    Sunday 30th September 2018, ko 4:00pm.

After three games against top six teams where City lost all three conceding 12 goals in the process the Bluebirds face another tough opponent but one where a result must be seen as possible.

Already, after just six matches, Cardiff are facing must win games. Because after this one two of the next three are Spurs and Liverpool away.

The second quarter of the season sees matches against more teams that City might fancy geting a result against but by then we could be so far behind we'll never look like catching up.

Burnely were knocked out of the Carabao Cup by Burton in midweek but last weekend in the league they smashed Bournemouth 4 - 0.

Early team news:

Lee Peltier starts a lengthy spell on the sidelines as Cardiff host Burnley in the Premier League on Sunday.

The defender is facing two to three months out after dislocating a shoulder against Manchester City last weekend, but the defender will not require an operation as the injury will heal naturally.

Aron Gunnarsson (knee) remains out, but Sol Bamba is expected to return in defence with Bruno Ecuele Manga moving to right back in Peltier's absence.

Burnley are likely to be without Robbie Brady as he continues to build up his fitness while Ben Gibson remains out (hernia). Nick Pope is the only other long-term absentee as he continues to recover from a dislocated shoulder.

C:WindowsTempphpABC7.tmp

The Managers:

Neil Warnock: (On striker Ken Zohore's lack of form)

"He's got to get the hunger back.

"There's only one person who can do that. We can only do so much. What's that saying about taking a horse to water?

"He's in the running. He's in the 18, but he has got to do more in training, which would make my job a lot easier."

When asked if it was a "must-win" game, Warnock joked: "I think there will be a few more of those over the next few weeks, a few more 'must-win' games!

"It isn't a must-win game but it is a game that's really, really important to us, with the games coming up - Tottenham and Liverpool away and a home game in between against Fulham.

"It's a very difficult period and that's why I think the importance of the game, you can't put it under the carpet."

Sean Dyche:

“They’ve (Cardiff) had a tough start, partly because of the realities of their fixtures, partly because it’s tough in the Premier League.

“We’ve been through that ourselves and been through that before in this division.

“Every game in the Premier League is a must-win, every game is a big game and every game you have to give everything to win, or certainly when you’re Burnley or a number of other clubs in the Premier League.”

Match Stats:

• This will be the first top-flight meeting between Cardiff City and Burnley since March 1962 when the two sides played out a 1-1 draw.

• Cardiff are unbeaten in 13 matches in all competitions against Burnley (W4 D9), since a 0-2 loss at Turf Moor in April 2007.

• Burnley haven't won away from home against Cardiff in any competition since April 2000, going 11 matches without a win (D3 L8).

• Cardiff are winless in 10 Premier League games (D3 L7), losing the last three in a row by an aggregate score of 3-12.

• Burnley have never won a Premier League away game against a promoted side before, losing five and drawing six of their 11 such games.

• Burnley forward Ashley Barnes' two goals against Bournemouth in his last match took him ahead of Paul Scharner as the second highest Austrian goalscorer in Premier League history (22 goals, behind Marko Arnautovic on 36).

• Burnley boss Sean Dyche has met Cardiff five times previously as a manager in league competition, with all five finishing as draws (twice with Watford, three times with Burnley).

The Officials:

Referee: Martin Atkinson
    Assistants: Stephen Child, Lee Betts
    Fourth official: David Coote

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Not one for saying season will be defined by one game usually but this is a cup final for us.
    If we win, I will believe we have a chance of staying up - lose, and I'll just enjoy the football, expecting another season in the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    West Yorkshire’s Martin Atkinson. Last nail in coffin for me. They despise the Welsh- Nowt more than Yaki Da tha knaws.

To have any chance tomorrow we have to be positive from the start.
    WHam did just that v Man Utd.
    Wish we had a decent striker thought. Time for Morrie to step up and score.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    If we win, I will believe we have a chance of staying up - lose, and I'll just enjoy the football, expecting another season in the Championship.
    Yep, it's looking like a must win game to me. Lose and we could become stranded in the bottom 3.

Zohore starts. So does Paterson and Murphy

Etheridge
    Manga
    Bamba
    Morrie
    Cunningham
    Ralls
    Arter
    Camarasa
    Murphy
    Paterson
    Zohore

Having two Murphys in the team is really confusing me, the first thing I saw on my phone was the banner with the subs. My first thought was "Murphy AND Reid on the bench? What the ****ing ****?"

Robbie Mustoe just picked us to win on US TV!

Manga is total shit 1st 38mins ffs

Quote Originally Posted by Watamistakatomaka View Post
    Manga is total shit 1st 38mins ffs
    I think he's one of the only players who shows some composure on the ball.

The Guardian not mincing their words:

39 min: Hart punches Morrison’s long throw away. This is an awful game.

It's not that bad...