Click here for Cardiff City personalised gift shop
Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: Articles by people who probably haven't seen us play since 2013/14......................

  1. #1

    Articles by people who probably haven't seen us play since 2013/14......................

    do vex me somewhat, here's another one. There's the usual condescending stuff in there, but I will say that I think he makes a good point about the European market. Also, I can see the "novelty of the Premier League" soon wearing off for me even if we manage to stay up.

    http://backpagefootball.com/cardiff-...kicked/119709/

  2. #2

    Re: Articles by people who probably haven't seen us play since 2013/14......................

    Clearly, fans should only support successful teams.

  3. #3

    Re: Articles by people who probably haven't seen us play since 2013/14......................

    Not a lot wrong with it to be fair, from the outside looking in that's exactly how it looks.

    I think we were/are just hoping the team spirit from last season would carry into this. Be tough to beat and have an outside chance of staying up.

    Not happened yet.

  4. #4

    Re: Articles by people who probably haven't seen us play since 2013/14......................

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Also, I can see the "novelty of the Premier League" soon wearing off for me even if we manage to stay up.
    It's lost it's charm very, very quickly for me. You can kiss goodbye to 12 games vs the top 6, the atmosphere at away grounds is so sterile and we're given either pat on the heads or not mentioned at all. Also, and it may be me being biased but I certainly get the impression the big clubs get the rub of the green in terms of decision making. It's not the big calls, it's the 50:50s that always seem to go in their favour although some of that is because our players don't go down when they get a minor shove etc, when the Prem opposition do.

  5. #5

    Re: Articles by people who probably haven't seen us play since 2013/14......................

    There are some good points in the article, but it is still very early days. A couple of Improbable wins and the season suddenly looks very different

  6. #6

    Re: Articles by people who probably haven't seen us play since 2013/14......................

    I have to agree with all of that.

  7. #7

    Re: Articles by people who probably haven't seen us play since 2013/14......................

    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    It's lost it's charm very, very quickly for me. You can kiss goodbye to 12 games vs the top 6, the atmosphere at away grounds is so sterile and we're given either pat on the heads or not mentioned at all. Also, and it may be me being biased but I certainly get the impression the big clubs get the rub of the green in terms of decision making. It's not the big calls, it's the 50:50s that always seem to go in their favour although some of that is because our players don't go down when they get a minor shove etc, when the Prem opposition do.
    Saw this last time we were in the Prem, that's why I was (and still am) very ambivalent when it comes to us in the prem.

  8. #8

    Re: Articles by people who probably haven't seen us play since 2013/14......................

    Apart from the line about attempting to draw every game 0-0, I think that article is bang on.

  9. #9

    Re: Articles by people who probably haven't seen us play since 2013/14......................

    'There seems to be very few winners from the situation Cardiff find themselves in.'

    What about the £66.4m debt to equity conversion following promotion?

  10. #10

    Re: Articles by people who probably haven't seen us play since 2013/14......................

    For all the negativity expressed around the premier league I wonder what fans reaction would be if we were actually competitive.

  11. #11

    Re: Articles by people who probably haven't seen us play since 2013/14......................

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    For all the negativity expressed around the premier league I wonder what fans reaction would be if we were actually competitive.
    See Wolves.

  12. #12

    Re: Articles by people who probably haven't seen us play since 2013/14......................

    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    See Wolves.
    How are we ever going to get players of the calibre Wolves have attracted?

  13. #13

    Re: Articles by people who probably haven't seen us play since 2013/14......................

    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    How are we ever going to get players of the calibre Wolves have attracted?
    Get a dodgy agent connection, obviously.

  14. #14

    Re: Articles by people who probably haven't seen us play since 2013/14......................

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    For all the negativity expressed around the premier league I wonder what fans reaction would be if we were actually competitive.
    Probably completely different. 'don't like it here' etc, etc. Look at Bournemouth, beating the likes of Liverpool etc. I'm sure their fans quite like the Premiership..

  15. #15

    Re: Articles by people who probably haven't seen us play since 2013/14......................

    Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Probably completely different. 'don't like it here' etc, etc. Look at Bournemouth, beating the likes of Liverpool etc. I'm sure their fans quite like the Premiership..
    It's a league like any other. We could get relagated from the championship next season, who knows ? It has happened to others. And I'd prefer life in the premier league to life in league one, personally speaking.

    Whatever the case, the club has decided not to push the boat out......for whatever reason. Nobody actually knows exactly what's going on anyway.

    If it transpires that we have started the season with both eyes firmly on playing in the championship next year, it might have been done with good intentions, but it doesn't make it any less farcical.

  16. #16

    Re: Articles by people who probably haven't seen us play since 2013/14......................

    Kind of agree with most of that. I wonder whether our budget was geared towards low risk, sign players who at least you will be able to recoup 75% of what you bought them for as are proven in the championship.
    Or if Neil was being stringent himself

    Its funny looking in at the PL you think how bad some of the teams are but once you get there it almost feels like there are no bad teams.

    Likewise the championship looks so strong this year but when we are in it feel like it's quite weak

  17. #17

    Re: Articles by people who probably haven't seen us play since 2013/14......................

    Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    Kind of agree with most of that. I wonder whether our budget was geared towards low risk, sign players who at least you will be able to recoup 75% of what you bought them for as are proven in the championship.
    Or if Neil was being stringent himself

    Its funny looking in at the PL you think how bad some of the teams are but once you get there it almost feels like there are no bad teams.

    Likewise the championship looks so strong this year but when we are in it feel like it's quite weak
    Huddersfield and Newcastle weren't great. Lets see what Burnley are like with a win under their belts. It feels like this is a huge game for us.

  18. #18

    Re: Articles by people who probably haven't seen us play since 2013/14......................

    My interest would soon wane in a league where the extent of your ambitions at the start of each season is to avoid relegation - I had nearly a decade of that from 1972 and that's enough for me.

  19. #19

    Re: Articles by people who probably haven't seen us play since 2013/14......................

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    My interest would soon wane in a league where the extent of your ambitions at the start of each season is to avoid relegation - I had nearly a decade of that from 1972 and that's enough for me.
    I would be somewhat satisfied if we actually had a genuine ambition to avoid relegation.

  20. #20

    Re: Articles by people who probably haven't seen us play since 2013/14......................

    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I would be somewhat satisfied if we actually had a genuine ambition to avoid relegation.
    So, you think we want to go down?

  21. #21

    Re: Articles by people who probably haven't seen us play since 2013/14......................

    Just think, a win tomorrow and we’re out of the relegation zone and on equal points with a team that’s spent £100m+ this summer.

  22. #22

    Re: Articles by people who probably haven't seen us play since 2013/14......................

    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I would be somewhat satisfied if we actually had a genuine ambition to avoid relegation.
    Apart from the Man City game, we have been competitive in every game and there have been enjoyable games with good football from both sides involved. But then how could we expect you to know any of that, seeing as how you never actually go to watch and seem to enjoy slagging off everything the team and manager does ?.

  23. #23

    Re: Articles by people who probably haven't seen us play since 2013/14......................

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So, you think we want to go down?
    It would be nice if the manager sent out some signals that would indicate were going to give it a right go instead of the passive narrative he’s been spouting all season.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •