Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
If this season goes as badly as it might, I think it's dangerous to assume that we will have the basis for another promotion challenge already at the club, because confidence is going to take such a knock if we are losing most weeks and we come down with a very low number of points. West Brom are showing that momentum from a decent end to a poor season can be carried into the new campaign, but I don't think we should automatically assume that stalwarts of our promotion side will be able to hit the standards they did in 17/18.
A statement of the obvious perhaps, but Josh Murphy currently looks the side's stand-out player. If he continues to have a decent season on an individual level and the team does get relegated, is there any guarantee he'd be at the club next year? To me, he already looks like he could be well-suited to an established, mid-ranking Premier League team and it won't surprise me at all if he's a target for one of them next summer.

Personally, assuming there actually is one, I can't work out what the club's current strategy is at all. I think Warnock had a really poor transfer window and I'm not convinced his heart's in it this season. As for Tan, as ever it's impossible to know what he's thinking.