+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Craig Bellamy

Re: Craig Bellamy

A good start would be to make Craig first team coach

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    A good start would be to make Craig first team coach
    That's another possible option. I thought they would have done it already considering Warnock is not going to be around forever, possibly another season or two at most. He would be a great mentor given all of his experiences in football.

I don’t see Warnock and Bellers working together tbh. They have different ideas on football for starters and I think Warnock would feel undermined.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I don’t see Warnock and Bellers working together tbh. They have different ideas on football for starters and I think Warnock would feel undermined.
    And that is probably why it hasn't happened!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    And that is probably why it hasn't happened!
    Quite

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I agree with his insights about what is going wrong with the team. The question is would he be able to fix the problems that he has identified?
    Did anyone ask him why the academy aren't producing any players worthy of first team opportunities?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Did anyone ask him why the academy aren't producing any players worthy of first team opportunities?
    Why would they ask him that?

Because thats the way of the world, not only in the Premier league but even the championship these days .
    Players are loaned out to lower leagues and hopefully develop .
    His under 18 side are doing very well I believe.

Trollope was promoted from being coach. Completely different personality to Bellers for starters.

Bellers has one of the brightest young minds in the game. If he can transfer that to the football management he could manage at the very top.

There are managers in the Bundesliga in their early 30s it’s such an outdated view to go with the experienced man all the time.
    I support all of that, but fail to recognize one of the brightest young minds in football. I’m sure you would know more about Bellers than me. But I can’t recognize this. Not even as a player his last two years. Please elaborate.

How long has he been in his position? The work starts when they get the kids at age 7 or 8!

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Our defensive frailties are becoming extremely alarming. I don't know what's going on but their two goals were awful from pretty much all of the back 4 and keeper.
    Too many championship standard players who lack the experience I’d imagine . Both goals were piss easy for Burnley. I thought Etheridge looked amateurish for the first goal. Flappy.....covering the post is basic stuff.

That said, we looked comfortable in general terms. Burnley looked totally beatable if we were a bit more switched on at the back and had a decent striker. I don’t think we are a million miles off.....which makes it all the more frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    We've got to try and get Camarasa on the ball as much as possible. He's our best player by a street in most games. Our defensive frailties are becoming extremely alarming. I don't know what's going on but their two goals were awful from pretty much all of the back 4 and keeper.
    It's not like their goals were anything special either. I could see if we were undone by something world class by top quality players. Goal's like Burnley's today get scored at every level of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    It's not like their goals were anything special either. I could see if we were undone by something world class by top quality players. Goal's like Burnley's today get scored at every level of the game.
    But they did finish 7th last year, so it means we are good and have nothing to worry about

Why would they ask him that?
    Well he spent half time slamming the club, so maybe he would be able insight into that question since he works there. We don't produce any players and I don't know why because theoretically we should have a decent natural catchment.

Well he spent half time slamming the club, so maybe he would be able insight into that question since he works there. We don't produce any players and I don't know why because theoretically we should have a decent natural catchment.
    I don’t think Sky Sports viewers would be interested in that.

I don’t think Sky Sports viewers would be interested in that.
    Yup

I thought he was contracted by Sky to talk about the Cardiff v Burnley game?

Really? We haven't got the management team at the top who is interested in bringing any of the youngsters in, let's say Bellamy got the job do you think he would play a couple of the academy boys

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Really? We haven't got the management team at the top who is interested in bringing any of the youngsters in, let's say Bellamy got the job do you think he would play a couple of the academy boys
    Sure, if they were good enough. Bellamy & Giggs both played 1st team football at a young age. I see no reason why they wouldn't play talented youngsters. Now if you are talking about a 10-year development process to bring the youngsters through, then that's got nothing to do with Bellamy (or Giggs) as they are newcomers on the scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Too many championship standard players who lack the experience I’d imagine . Both goals were piss easy for Burnley. I thought Etheridge looked amateurish for the first goal. Flappy.....covering the post is basic stuff.

That said, we looked comfortable in general terms. Burnley looked totally beatable if we were a bit more switched on at the back and had a decent striker. I don’t think we are a million miles off.....which makes it all the more frustrating.
    I don't think experience comes into it, I'd be cheesed off if the side I play for conceded those goals. It wasn't great by Etheridge but I think others were more to blame. We're not a lost cause (yet) but we've really got to find a way to win.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    There are a couple of players in the under 18 squad that Bellamy was pushing for first team football last season,certainly.Warnock said put them in the U23’s but Bellamy wasn’t keen on that and thought it better to keep them with him.

There are pro's and con's in making Bellamy manager.

When we were looking to replace Slade I thought it would have been a great idea. Like Swansea seem to be doing, taking the hit to rebuild a long term identity.

However at the moment I think Bellamy would be on a hiding to nothing as it would be nigh on impossible for to replicate Warnock's over achievements in the time he's been here.

I seem to be in the minority on here and in the majority of our fan base who would like us to employ a more "considered build up" and to play the ball on the ground. Each to his own but I know Bellamy would opt for that approach and I don't feel we have fans who are primed to be patient.

The knives would be out almost immediately and I just think as a club we are all over place with no vision or footballing structure to take the club forward in that way.

I don't care what anyone says, football is evolving and managers like Warnock, Moyes, Allardyce etc even Mourinho are getting left behind regardless how well Warnock done last season.

He's a top guy and is a good manager but unless we address the structure at the club long term we'll be left behind.

Nail on head for me. If we tried to play decent football with our back 4, we'd be pasted every week. Our fans lose their rag when the ball is passed backwards, even if it means we keep possession (although a massive bug bear is when a defender passes it back 30 yards to the keeper, for him to launch it forward). I'd love to see us build a side around Camarasa but I can't see him being here next season.

I think Warnock will survive the sack but he might walk. If we do get sacked, the next manager (or Warnock) is going to have to deal with the weight of expectation, as we'll be expected to bounce back or at least make a concerted challenge for it. if we want to move forwards and kick on, the Burnley model seems a bit risky based on yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    There are pro's and con's in making Bellamy manager.

When we were looking to replace Slade I thought it would have been a great idea. Like Swansea seem to be doing, taking the hit to rebuild a long term identity.

However at the moment I think Bellamy would be on a hiding to nothing as it would be nigh on impossible for to replicate Warnock's over achievements in the time he's been here.

I seem to be in the minority on here and in the majority of our fan base who would like us to employ a more "considered build up" and to play the ball on the ground. Each to his own but I know Bellamy would opt for that approach and I don't feel we have fans who are primed to be patient.

The knives would be out almost immediately and I just think as a club we are all over place with no vision or footballing structure to take the club forward in that way.

I don't care what anyone says, football is evolving and managers like Warnock, Moyes, Allardyce etc even Mourinho are getting left behind regardless how well Warnock done last season.

He's a top guy and is a good manager but unless we address the structure at the club long term we'll be left behind.
    Agree with all of that the club has been on a short term fix for as long as I can remember, Malay was probably the only one

If this season goes as badly as it might, I think it's dangerous to assume that we will have the basis for another promotion challenge already at the club, because confidence is going to take such a knock if we are losing most weeks and we come down with a very low number of points. West Brom are showing that momentum from a decent end to a poor season can be carried into the new campaign, but I don't think we should automatically assume that stalwarts of our promotion side will be able to hit the standards they did in 17/18.

Yesterday, we caused Burnley more problems when we got the ball down and played than we did when we went for the aerial stuff, so I think there is a framework for that more considered approach already here, but there would have to be a pretty comprehensive rebuilding job done if someone like Bellamy came in and wanted to change things and I'm not sure there would be the will or the desire for that to happen among those running the club and, as has been mentioned, many of the supporters.