+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Craig Bellamy

Re: Craig Bellamy

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    If this season goes as badly as it might, I think it's dangerous to assume that we will have the basis for another promotion challenge already at the club, because confidence is going to take such a knock if we are losing most weeks and we come down with a very low number of points. West Brom are showing that momentum from a decent end to a poor season can be carried into the new campaign, but I don't think we should automatically assume that stalwarts of our promotion side will be able to hit the standards they did in 17/18.
    A statement of the obvious perhaps, but Josh Murphy currently looks the side's stand-out player. If he continues to have a decent season on an individual level and the team does get relegated, is there any guarantee he'd be at the club next year? To me, he already looks like he could be well-suited to an established, mid-ranking Premier League team and it won't surprise me at all if he's a target for one of them next summer.

Personally, assuming there actually is one, I can't work out what the club's current strategy is at all. I think Warnock had a really poor transfer window and I'm not convinced his heart's in it this season. As for Tan, as ever it's impossible to know what he's thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    A statement of the obvious perhaps, but Josh Murphy currently looks the side's stand-out player. If he continues to have a decent season on an individual level and the team does get relegated, is there any guarantee he'd be at the club next year? To me, he already looks like he could be well-suited to an established, mid-ranking Premier League team and it won't surprise me at all if he's a target for one of them next summer.

Personally, assuming there actually is one, I can't work out what the club's current strategy is at all. I think Warnock had a really poor transfer window and I'm not convinced his heart's in it this season. As for Tan, as ever it's impossible to know what he's thinking.
    Murphy is quick, goes past people and is our best attacking threat. Someone would take him, it wouldn't surprise me if he stayed but I could see him moving on if we go down. He'll go for a profit though (or should) so it isn't a complete nightmare scenario. The shame is our two best players are Arter and Camarasa, both on loan and I'd be very shocked if either stayed regardless of what happened. I'd expect someone better than us to pick up Arter and Camarasa looks very comfortable in possession in a poor side.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    A good start would be to make Craig first team coach

Could you see that working?I couldn't due to "creative differences"

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    I can see how he’d be viewed as an “exciting appointment”

But what have we learned from recent experience - go for Trollope because it’s exciting, or Warnock because history tells you he’ll succeed?
    Not sure “excitement” was on the agenda when Trollope was appointed.
    More like it was a cheap option.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    There are pro's and con's in making Bellamy manager.

When we were looking to replace Slade I thought it would have been a great idea. Like Swansea seem to be doing, taking the hit to rebuild a long term identity.

However at the moment I think Bellamy would be on a hiding to nothing as it would be nigh on impossible for to replicate Warnock's over achievements in the time he's been here.

I seem to be in the minority on here and in the majority of our fan base who would like us to employ a more "considered build up" and to play the ball on the ground. Each to his own but I know Bellamy would opt for that approach and I don't feel we have fans who are primed to be patient.

The knives would be out almost immediately and I just think as a club we are all over place with no vision or footballing structure to take the club forward in that way.

I don't care what anyone says, football is evolving and managers like Warnock, Moyes, Allardyce etc even Mourinho are getting left behind regardless how well Warnock done last season.

He's a top guy and is a good manager but unless we address the structure at the club long term we'll be left behind.
    Top post highlighting the obvious problems.
    We do need to change our style but if we are honest, we only have a handful of players that could play that way.
    Our back four is looking very mid table championship, slow, poor positional sense and the inability to pass to another City player.
    Add to that the light weight attack and you can see that major change would be needed.
    As much as I have a lot of time for Warnock and his ability to man manage, the issues go back over a year when he signed players to fit his style.
    People talk about the lack of spending but if you believe the media, we spent 6m on Madine who contributed virtually zero to our promotion campaign, then a further 7m on a left back that was not needed and a reserve goalkeeper that does not make the subs bench.
    That 13m could have brought in a high quality striker or central defender.
    Bellamy would now be walking into a minefield.
    Best option would be to wait until Christmas. If we are certs for relegation, offer Warnock an alternative role and let Bellamy come in as the understudy.
    Unfortunately the coaching team under Warnock are all of the same ilk and would need to go.
    As posted by Bob Wilson, we may have to accept that we may be mid table championship at best, while the process goes on.