+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Craig Bellamy

Craig Bellamy

I agree with his insights about what is going wrong with the team. The question is would he be able to fix the problems that he has identified?

Re: Craig Bellamy

What did he say

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    What did he say
    I'll try to find his exact words, but he was on Sky as match pundit today.

He seemed a little more irked than usual having to put up with that Alex Scott alongside him using more cliches than a Russell Slade interview.

I’m answer to the OP I fully agree with getting Camarasa central and building team around him but we don’t have the quality on the back to play it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I agree with his insights about what is going wrong with the team. The question is would he be able to fix the problems that he has identified?
    I find his insight really interesting but if I was a neutral (not that any neutral would watch a match like ours this afternoon!) I wouldn’t be too happy with the way that he openly and frequently refers to Cardiff City as ‘we’.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I’m answer to the OP I fully agree with getting Camarasa central and building team around him but we don’t have the quality on the back to play it out.
    He also addressed the problems with the defence.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I find his insight really interesting but if I was a neutral (not that any neutral would watch a match like ours this afternoon!) I wouldn’t be too happy with the way that he openly and frequently refers to Cardiff City as ‘we’.
    I’m not sure he should be as critical as he is given he’s employed by the club

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Does he still work for 'us'?

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    Unless he is eyeing the main job *cough* *cough*.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Does he still work for 'us'?
    Yes officially the u18's manager

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Yes officially the u18's manager
    Be a bit odd to call them 'they, them' etc..

I’d be more than a bit concerned if Bellers took over

I’d be more than a bit concerned if Bellers took over
    Why?

He wasn’t unfairly critical. He was right. The football on show is of poor quality. Anyone who says otherwise is blind or deluded.

Because I don’t think someone with his temperament/personality can be a good manager

Because I don’t think someone with his temperament/personality can be a good manager
    Wow

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Wow
    Passion
    Understands what needs doing on the pitch Able to articulate what that might include
    Does not suffer fools

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Sorry that was aimed at the Eastbourne chappy

Please excuse my fat fingers inability to navigate this phones keyboard thingy
    Last edited by light up the darkness; 30-09-18 at 18:23. Reason: Fat fingers

Hope Bellamy gets the chance of being manager at a League 1 or League 2 club, and the very best of luck to him. I have nothing against him.

But I can see where things could go here, and I personally don’t want to see him parachuted in as some kind of saviour this season when he has no experience.

I’d give him half a season knowing we’re going down and to start working with the players so he and they are ready to go in the Championship next season.

Warnocks 71 next year we’ve got to start looking to the future.

Sir Alex Ferguson nearly took off David Beckham's head with a football boot

I’d give him half a season knowing we’re going down and to start working with the players so he and they are ready to go in the Championship next season.

Warnocks 71 next year we’ve got to start looking to the future.
    I can see how he’d be viewed as an “exciting appointment”

But what have we learned from recent experience - go for Trollope because it’s exciting, or Warnock because history tells you he’ll succeed?

We've got to try and get Camarasa on the ball as much as possible. He's our best player by a street in most games. Our defensive frailties are becoming extremely alarming. I don't know what's going on but their two goals were awful from pretty much all of the back 4 and keeper.

I can see how he’d be viewed as an “exciting appointment”

But what have we learned from recent experience - go for Trollope because it’s exciting, or Warnock because history tells you he’ll succeed?
    Trollope was promoted from being coach. Completely different personality to Bellers for starters.

Bellers has one of the brightest young minds in the game. If he can transfer that to the football management he could manage at the very top.

There are managers in the Bundesliga in their early 30s it’s such an outdated view to go with the experienced man all the time.