+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warnock

Warnock

Realistically how long do we give him? Full season no matter what even if we set a new record for lowest points or see where we are at Christmas?

Re: Warnock

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Realistically how long do we give him? Full season no matter what even if we set a new record for lowest points or see where we are at Christmas?
    It looks like we will need to score 3 or 4 goals to win a game, and I can't see it happening in the next few games. Warnock doesn't even know what his best starting XI is, as he continues to tinker with team on a weekly basis. I'd still give him to January though, when the next loan window opens.

Yes it’s harsh, yes it’s everything that’s wrong with football etc...but you can’t let it go on indefinitely. There is obviously a point where that’s enough

Don’t like saying it, but Big Sam would sort the defence out

I think he’s out of his depth in today’s Premier League but he deserves the season.

However, if we’re not going to go forward with him next year I’d get the new man in a few months early to get him settled into the job.

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    Yes it’s harsh, yes it’s everything that’s wrong with football etc...but you can’t let it go on indefinitely. There is obviously a point where that’s enough

Don’t like saying it, but Big Sam would sort the defence out
    Not even Big Sam could work with this squad. Warnock thought last years defence was enough to see us through into this year and he is clearly wrong.

Mozza looks like the Mozza we originally signed, very shaky, and Bamba, i thought he was a liability at times last year but this year, you worry every time the opposition goes forward.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Not even Big Sam could work with this squad. Warnock thought last years defence was enough to see us through into this year and he is clearly wrong.

Mozza looks like the Mozza we originally signed, very shaky, and Bamba, i thought he was a liability at times last year but this year, you worry every time the opposition goes forward.
    Interesting stat just spotted about Sol - he’s now made more starts for Cardiff than he has any other club

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It looks like we will need to score 3 or 4 goals to win a game, and I can't see it happening in the next few games. Warnock doesn't even know what his best starting XI is, as he continues to tinker with team on a weekly basis. I'd still give him to January though, when the next loan window opens.
    Bit OTT. We would have only needed 1 goal to beat Newcastle and Huddersfield.

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    Interesting stat just spotted about Sol - he’s now made more starts for Cardiff than he has any other club
    He’s 34 in January. He wasn’t the answer this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Bit OTT. We would have only needed 1 goal to beat Newcastle and Huddersfield.
    Yes, but we are now conceding goals for fun. The confidence at the back is shot. 14 goals in 4 games. Do you think we are suddenly going to get back to keeping clean sheets every week? Today it was two goals from two attempts.

He’s 34 in January. He wasn’t the answer this season.
    Maybe I am a bit sentimental but I think he deserves his go after the shift he put in last year. That being said, I don't mind going back down, was more concerned with the club being on a firmer financial footing than putting up a fight this year.

Maybe I am a bit sentimental but I think he deserves his go after the shift he put in last year. That being said, I don't mind going back down, was more concerned with the club being on a firmer financial footing than putting up a fight this year.
    All of your wishes may be granted as we don't have anybody else!

Yes, but we are now conceding goals for fun. The confidence at the back is shot.
    We have just played 1,5,6 and 7 from last years league, of course we are conceding goals.

If they're going to sack him then maybe after the Brighton game ? 2 week break after it. Not that I am advocating this by any means, don't think another manager would have us in a better position.

I think he’s out of his depth in today’s Premier League but he deserves the season.

However, if we’re not going to go forward with him next year I’d get the new man in a few months early to get him settled into the job.
    He’d be a good bet to take us straight back up if we did go down, partic if Murphy and co stated with us. Have today’s team played many games together? If Neil was planning to retire anyway we might aswell try other options before it’s too late, say after Xmas

We have just played 1,5,6 and 7 from last years league, of course we are conceding goals.
    What's that got to do with today's game?

I was a big supporter of the Warnock way, and i had hopes it would work this year. However we seem to be even poor at executing this strategy at premier league level. Maybe we have been forced into this formation with injury to Mendez-Laing, and Hoilet / Murphy.

Im all for given strikers a go etc, but there more chance of me scoring a goal before Madine, and as for Zohore ? he is too slow to react in the box, seems to want to take 3 touches when he hasn't got time for 1. We need am alert strike ron his toes in the box. Id rather play Reid.

What's that got to do with today's game?
    Because the 7 is Burnley.

Warnock sounded very downbeat in his post-match interview, which was worrying. You can see why though. The cupboard does look pretty bare. Very hard to see where a regular stream of goals will come from. I think Ward is the best of the bunch, but how many will he realistically get?

I agree with a previous post on Joe Bennett, he should be playing. I guess he could switch the keepers to see what Smithies brings, but that seems harsh on Etheridge. Damour isn't the answer, neither is Kadeem or Connolly. Based on what I've seen and even taking into account their weaknesses, I'd rather have Pilkington's graft and Tomlin's guile over Kadeem and Damour.

Absolutely everything that's wrong with football.

Worked miracles last season to get us up, he deserves the full season to at least have a go at working an even greater miracle of keeping us up.

I'm not sure what more Warnock could have done today, we lacked a bit of composure at times and the players fell asleep for their first goal. Overall we probably deserved something, but that's the league we are in where even an ordinary looking Burnley can clinically finish pretty much their own two chances.

Like with the last time we were here, our best chance of staying up is keeping the manager we came up with and hoping something clicks.

Because the 7 is Burnley.
    Maybe the stats from today's game have escaped you? The certainly didn't beat us today because they finished 7th last season!

Don’t sack him

Maybe the stats from today's game have escaped you.
    So we dominated the 7th best team in the country and a couple of defensive errors cost us?

Sounds like we have a good chance of staying up.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Absolutely everything that's wrong with football.

Worked miracles last season to get us up, he deserves the full season to at least have a go at working an even greater miracle of keeping us up.

I'm not sure what more Warnock could have done today, we lacked a bit of composure at times and the players fell asleep for their first goal. Overall we probably deserved something, but that's the league we are in where even an ordinary looking Burnley can clinically finish pretty much their own two chances.

Like with the last time we were here, our best chance of staying up is keeping the manager we came up with and hoping something clicks.
    Their first goal was far from a clinical finish

So we dominated the 7th best team in the country and a couple of defensive errors cost us?

Sounds like we have a good chance of staying up.
    Can’t get any more simplistic than that! 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Wolff View Post
    Can’t get any more simplistic than that! ��
    I was trying to get into the mind of Wales Bales so it was 100% necessary.