+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Warnock

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Warnock

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    He’s 34 in January. He wasn’t the answer this season.
    Maybe I am a bit sentimental but I think he deserves his go after the shift he put in last year. That being said, I don't mind going back down, was more concerned with the club being on a firmer financial footing than putting up a fight this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Maybe I am a bit sentimental but I think he deserves his go after the shift he put in last year. That being said, I don't mind going back down, was more concerned with the club being on a firmer financial footing than putting up a fight this year.
    All of your wishes may be granted as we don't have anybody else!

Warnock sounded very downbeat in his post-match interview, which was worrying. You can see why though. The cupboard does look pretty bare. Very hard to see where a regular stream of goals will come from. I think Ward is the best of the bunch, but how many will he realistically get?

I agree with a previous post on Joe Bennett, he should be playing. I guess he could switch the keepers to see what Smithies brings, but that seems harsh on Etheridge. Damour isn't the answer, neither is Kadeem or Connolly. Based on what I've seen and even taking into account their weaknesses, I'd rather have Pilkington's graft and Tomlin's guile over Kadeem and Damour.