+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Warnock

Re: Warnock

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Absolutely everything that's wrong with football.

Worked miracles last season to get us up, he deserves the full season to at least have a go at working an even greater miracle of keeping us up.

I'm not sure what more Warnock could have done today, we lacked a bit of composure at times and the players fell asleep for their first goal. Overall we probably deserved something, but that's the league we are in where even an ordinary looking Burnley can clinically finish pretty much their own two chances.

Like with the last time we were here, our best chance of staying up is keeping the manager we came up with and hoping something clicks.
    Fact is changing managers works sometimes. Don’t like it, but that’s the reality.

Last year Palace were having pelters for sacking their brand new manager after just 7 games. “Rediculous”, they cried. Well, worked, didn’t it?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    So we dominated the 7th best team in the country and a couple of defensive errors cost us?

Sounds like we have a good chance of staying up.
    I think you are missing the point. Because we were unable to finish off an ineffectual Burnley side, we have even less chance of staying up in my view.

BBC says this is the worst start to a season since 1964/1965. Unless Spurs are completely knackered less than three days after taking on Barcelona next Wednesday then it'll become 9 winless league and cup games. A plus from today was not having to witness a disinterested Toilett ambling about. Bamba needs to be flushed too, and Zohore is really getting on my thruppenny bits.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolff View Post
    Can’t get any more simplistic than that! ��
    A rubbish Burnley side showed that we were even more rubbish than them. Can’t get any more simplistic than that!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    A rubbish Burnley side showed that we were even more rubbish than them. Can’t get any more simplistic than that!
    We were clearly the better side

His whole "happy to be here" act is starting to piss me off but any suggestion of sacking him is ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    We were clearly the better side
    Not in defence we weren’t!

Two poor sides. One bit of quality the whole game was our goal.

Apart from that an embarrassment to premier league football.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Not in defence we weren’t!

Two poor sides. One bit of quality the whole game was our goal.

Apart from that an embarrassment to premier league football.
    That is a huge overreaction. It wasn't a scintillating game, but it was fine

That is a huge overreaction. It wasn't a scintillating game, but it was fine
    If you think that was fine you obviously don’t watch much premiership football

Quality was awful.

If you think that was fine you obviously don’t watch much premiership football

Quality was awful.
    No, I don't watch much Scottish football

We were fine, it was as good a performance as we could expect and two defensive lapses ruined us. It would be quite nice for Bamba to learn how positioning works but that ship seems to have sailed. Joe Hart was man of the match, that says everything about the game and how we played

No, I don't watch much Scottish football

We were fine, it was as good a performance as we could expect and two defensive lapses ruined us. It would be quite nice for Bamba to learn how positioning works but that ship seems to have sailed. Joe Hart was man of the match, that says everything about the game and how we played
    You’re obviously easily pleased.

We had a centre half taking throws from anywhere in the opposition half and we were banging balls up to a make shift number 10 (who we signed as a defender) to flick on.

If you think that’s top quality football we are obviously on different pages.

We had a centre half taking throws from anywhere in the opposition half and we were banging balls up to a make shift number 10 (who we signed as a defender) to flick on.

I do find it alarming that some want him playing upfront

The stats show that Burnley played a higher proportion of long-balls than us by some margin.

19 attempts on goal to 3. That could be encouraging or a worry I suppose, but overall I think we were on the front foot for most of that game. Frustrating game but I thought the scoreline was harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I do find it alarming that some want him playing upfront
    At least he was winning the ball in the air, Zohore was hopeless, should have been paired with Reid who might have latched on to one of his flicks,we certainly looked more dangerous when Ward came on! Morrison needs to be partnered with Manga at the back with Bennett and Richards as fullbacks? Our centre backs made Vokes look quick today!

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    At least he was winning the ball in the air, Zohore was hopeless, should have been paired with Reid who might have latched on to one of his flicks,we certainly looked more dangerous when Ward came on! Morrison needs to be partnered with Manga at the back with Bennett and Richards as fullbacks? Our centre backs made Vokes look quick today!
    That's the whole point that I don't like to see the ball hoofed up in the air then Patterson heads the ball then the opposition have the ball

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    That's the whole point that I don't like to see the ball hoofed up in the air then Patterson heads the ball then the opposition have the ball
    Its 2018 not 1988.

Yes I worry that Warnock has shown he is out of his depth.
    Badly need to sort defence out even if it means playing 5 at the back and 4 in midfield v Spurs. I would play Bennett and Cunningham next Saturday.

We are a worse team than the one Malky had in the Prem.

I didn't say it was top quality, nor am I easily pleased. I'm just realistic, honestly what were you expecting?

Its 2018 not 1988.
    It was more like 1888

I didn't say it was top quality, nor am I easily pleased. I'm just realistic, honestly what were you expecting?
    I was expecting a little bit more than hoofing it to a defender playing as a second striker to get flick ons, and a centre half taking long throws from the half way line.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Bit OTT. We would have only needed 1 goal to beat Newcastle and Huddersfield.
    Yet we didn't score against two of the favourites to go down!

I was expecting a little bit more than hoofing it to a defender playing as a second striker to get flick ons, and a centre half taking long throws from the half way line.
    Really? That was on the cards as soon as Zohore & Paterson were selected. At least one of Ward & Reid should have started

Really? That was on the cards as soon as Zohore & Paterson were selected. At least one of Ward & Reid should have started
    Then I take you back to my original point it’s embarassing for a premier league team to play that way and it was two poor teams out there today.

Let’s just agree to disagree or we will keep going around in circles.

Wouldn’t surprise me if he resigned regardless of what the fans or club want. Better that than his last season being a complete embarrassment.

Due to our potential maximum points we’ll need to maximise those points when winnable games come round. Our season will go faster than most other clubs and we won’t have the luxury of biding our time.

If there is to be an exerted effort to stay up a change must come in terms of points or the manager within the next 2 to 4 games. That’s the stark reality we are facing.