+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: C知on fans. Keep the faith.

C知on fans. Keep the faith.

At least we should have won it. That痴 far better then getting mauled.
    Two defensive mistakes once again, our doing.

Re: C知on fans. Keep the faith.

The thing is our defence was what got us up in the first place
    Warnock did say he’d have Morrison and Bamba as his choice in the premier league ,
    Seems they’re not up to it from what we’ve seen so far

I second what walinoz said, my biggest concern is our strength from last season is our biggest weekends this season and we don't have any other way of playing

Quote Originally Posted by walinoz View Post
    The thing is our defence was what got us up in the first place
    Warnock did say he’d have Morrison and Bamba as his choice in the premier league ,
    Seems they’re not up to it from what we’ve seen so far
    He also said Bamba was the best defender in the league 😂

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    He also said Bamba was the best defender in the league ��
    Better than Van dyke

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Better than Van dyke
    Dick perhaps.

The squad is just not equipped to compete at this level. And there's nothing anyone can do about it until January, most likely January 31st. So with about 14 games remaining.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    The squad is just not equipped to compete at this level. And there's nothing anyone can do about it until January, most likely January 31st. So with about 14 games remaining.
    I was for NW before today. I think you致e summed it up here though. It IS time to panic!

New manager bounce is the best we can hope for. We need 7 points from Fulham , Leicester and Brighton.

Honestly, if you had to bet your life on it, would you prefer Warnock in charge or someone like Alardyce or Bellamy ( or any other manager with decent pedigree/potential) ??

"Keep the faith", we all know we are up against it, but the crowd played its part today fair play. Especially the Canton end.

The team may well end up not being good enough to keep us in the Premier League this season and it is possible that most of the players are not Premier League quality but one thing that I can be absolutely positive of is that they are all working their socks off and giving 100% for the shirt. Thats all that I ask for as a fan and for that, they deserve our full support but no - not bloody likely on this board. Snide comments and criticism about Warnock and individual players are the norm on here. As is making up of stories about the manager being ready to 'jump ship'. Criticism of Tan has resurfaced and the lilly livered bunch of armchair critics are back out in force and ready to jump ship at the first opportunity. You know who you are. Thank god the vast majority of people in the ground today saw what was actually happening and backed the team from beginning to end. You lot of back stabbing b******s dont deserve a team in the Premier League or any other league for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    The team may well end up not being good enough to keep us in the Premier League this season and it is possible that most of the players are not Premier League quality but one thing that I can be absolutely positive of is that they are all working their socks off and giving 100% for the shirt. Thats all that I ask for as a fan and for that, they deserve our full support but no - not bloody likely on this board. Snide comments and criticism about Warnock and individual players are the norm on here. As is making up of stories about the manager being ready to 'jump ship'. Criticism of Tan has resurfaced and the lilly livered bunch of armchair critics are back out in force and ready to jump ship at the first opportunity. You know who you are. Thank god the vast majority of people in the ground today saw what was actually happening and backed the team from beginning to end. You lot of back stabbing b******s dont deserve a team in the Premier League or any other league for that matter.
    You are delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    You are delusional.
    Nope

He is talking a lot of sense I think.

I don't think s football forum is a safe place for you

Just because people criticize doesn't mean they don't care it doesn't matter what division we're in I'll still be there but this is a great opportunity for us as a club to get our foot in the door but there's clearly some issues

Why do you take everything so personally? Back stabbing? Jumping ship? Lillylivered? WTF does that even mean? What's lillylivered about being critical? Who's being stabbed in the back? Everyone on this board is entitled to their opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    I was for NW before today. I think you’ve summed it up here though. It IS time to panic!

New manager bounce is the best we can hope for. We need 7 points from Fulham , Leicester and Brighton.

Honestly, if you had to bet your life on it, would you prefer Warnock in charge or someone like Alardyce or Bellamy ( or any other manager with decent pedigree/potential) ??
    I'm happy with Warnock overall. I don't think anyone else could do a better job with the players we have. The squad is what it it is, we just have to live with it now.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Why do you take everything so personally? Back stabbing? Jumping ship? Lillylivered? WTF does that even mean? What's lillylivered about being critical? Who's being stabbed in the back? Everyone on this board is entitled to their opinion.
    The notion of it being somehow cowardly to be critical is a bizarre one, but even more bizarre than that is dml's belief that all supporters should be unthinking, happy clappers who have no issues whatsoever with anything to do with the current Cardiff City staff- or to be more accurate, anyone whose opinions do not match his own.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The notion of it being somehow cowardly to be critical is a bizarre one, but even more bizarre than that is dml's belief that all supporters should be unthinking, happy clappers who have no issues whatsoever with anything to do with the current Cardiff City staff- or to be more accurate, anyone whose opinions do not match his own.
    I could understand the part about jumping ship if people were deciding to not go anymore (which is their right) but the lillylivered and back stabbing comments make no sense. I don't think anyone has complained about the effort the players have made either. My only "complaint" as such is that the club have for whatever reason decided not to make a proper fist of it. Which I still don't really understand with all that's at stake. Whatever, I've already supported City and gone to games in all 4 divisions. Another season in the Championship doesn't worry me.

Although losing yesterday I thought we were quite unlucky & definitely are not getting "the rub of the green" where decisions are concerned.
    Their first goal could & I think should have been disallowed as ours was as their player was all over Cunningham.
    The handball in their box could easily have been given on another day/ref as his hands were in a very unnatural position.
    Although we are struggling in this league & possibly don"t have the quality to stay up yesterday could easily have been a win for us given "the rub of the green".

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Nope

He is talking a lot of sense I think.
    He痴 being a drama queen.

I'm sure I am not alone in not having been particularly jubilant when City won promotion to the PL. Compare the current situation in the Championship with that of the PL. In the former there are only 6 points separating the top 15 teams; in the latter you have the predictable top 5 "super league" and the predictable "also-rans". Which league would you prefer to be in? The next 6 pointer for City will be Fulham. I expect nil points from Liverpool and Spurs so even if we get 3 points from Fulham that will mean 5 points from the first 10 games, an average of 0.5 points per game. It will require a miraculous recovery to stay up. The last time we were promoted I feared that City would set a new record for the worst ever performance in the PL - hoping it won't happen this time around but it's a bit scarey as I believe the 2012 team were better than the current one. The only bonus will be the parachute payment!

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    I'm sure I am not alone in not having been particularly jubilant when City won promotion to the PL. Compare the current situation in the Championship with that of the PL. In the former there are only 6 points separating the top 15 teams; in the latter you have the predictable top 5 "super league" and the predictable "also-rans". Which league would you prefer to be in? The next 6 pointer for City will be Fulham. I expect nil points from Liverpool and Spurs so even if we get 3 points from Fulham that will mean 5 points from the first 10 games, an average of 0.5 points per game. It will require a miraculous recovery to stay up. The last time we were promoted I feared that City would set a new record for the worst ever performance in the PL - hoping it won't happen this time around but it's a bit scarey as I believe the 2012 team were better than the current one. The only bonus will be the parachute payment!
    It痴 the nature of a league system. Once you establish yourself in a league it obviously becomes more enjoyable. We壇 have to make a concerted effort to stay in this league for it to be more enjoyable. Avoiding the drop must be a pretty good feeling. Finishing mid table must be nice in terms of seeing your team winning 15 games a season and not having the stress of possible relegation. The next step would be european football. That壇 be fun. You have to have good plan and a bit of investment to get there though. I expect Burnley or Leicester wouldn稚 swap for championship football.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    So you'd rather be in the Championship with a chance of winning promotion to a division you don't really want to be in?
    I do get the sentiment that's its easier to be a fan of a team that wins more game than it loses, but whats the point if you don't want to go up against the best?

I don't understand how everyone is missing the elephant in the room FFP rules.
    Take the Arab owners away from Citeh and can anyone explain with their revenue incomes how they would afford their squad?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Dick perhaps.

These ‘keep the faith ‘ threads are tiresome. We’re shit wake up and smell the coffee.