+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 45

Thread: Warnock will walk....

  1. #1

    Warnock will walk....

    If results don't pick up soon

    He is clearly not enjoying the job and I suspect feels he has taken the team as far as he can.

  2. #2

    Re: Warnock will walk....

    I think this might happen too.

  3. #3

    Re: Warnock will walk....

    No manager walks these days. No one walks away from hundreds of thousands of pounds.

  4. #4

    Re: Warnock will walk....

    Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    No manager walks these days. No one walks away from hundreds of thousands of pounds.
    I think that if he did, the club might make it easy for him. Someone else said to me that they think that his heart isn't in it this season, could be right, he doesn't come across as very enthusiastic, and is over playing the underdog card a bit.

  5. #5

    Re: Warnock will walk....

    Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    No manager walks these days. No one walks away from hundreds of thousands of pounds.
    I suspect things are different for him. He's nearly 70. His wife has had serious health issues. I dare say he doesn't need the money. I expect that, rather than being sacked (if he does indeed go), he would leave the club under mutual agreement with his head held high.

  6. #6

    Re: Warnock will walk....

    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    If results don't pick up soon

    He is clearly not enjoying the job and I suspect feels he has taken the team as far as he can.
    But he keeps telling us to just enjoy it

  7. #7

    Re: Warnock will walk....

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I suspect things are different for him. He's nearly 70. His wife has had serious health issues. I dare say he doesn't need the money. I expect that, rather than being sacked (if he does indeed go), he would leave the club under mutual agreement with his head held high.
    He'said a wealthy man. Money will not be a consideration, family, health and happiness will be.

  8. #8

    Re: Warnock will walk....

    I can't see him walking away. Unless there's a bust-up with Tan.

  9. #9

    Re: Warnock will walk....

    Quote Originally Posted by walinoz View Post
    But he keeps telling us to just enjoy it
    I think he enjoyed it first few games. Not so sure now.

  10. #10

    Re: Warnock will walk....

    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    He'said a wealthy man. Money will not be a consideration, family, health and happiness will be.
    Plus professional integrity. He seems like a guy with principles.

  11. #11

    Re: Warnock will walk....

    If he walks I would be very surprised. Rather him learn from his mistakes and get us a right back and a striker. And another assistant.

  12. #12

    Re: Warnock will walk....

    These comments are quite alarming... https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45700155

    The bloke is far too honest for my liking, publicly.

  13. #13

    Re: Warnock will walk....

    Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    These comments are quite alarming... https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45700155

    The bloke is far too honest for my liking, publicly.
    Here is a thought. Donít play 4-4-2 (1-1), we havenít got the players.

  14. #14

    Re: Warnock will walk....

    Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    These comments are quite alarming...
    ""How do I fix us looking vulnerable? I haven't got a clue if I am honest"

  15. #15

    Re: Warnock will walk....

    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    ""How do I fix us looking vulnerable? I haven't got a clue if I am honest"
    Maybe don't play Sol who is a clear liability ? Maybe don't drop Bennett, who is the better left back option. That in itself is an easy fix. He talks too much.

  16. #16

    Re: Warnock will walk....

    Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Maybe don't play Sol who is a clear liability ? Maybe don't drop Bennett, who is the better left back option. That in itself is an easy fix. He talks too much.
    Careful.

  17. #17

    Re: Warnock will walk....

    Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Careful.

  18. #18

    Re: Warnock will walk....

    Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    These comments are quite alarming... https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45700155

    The bloke is far too honest for my liking, publicly.
    I don't think he's making those comments in a way that reflects upon him or his coaching staff, I think that he's saying that they train and prepare correctly, and there's nothing he can do about players ****ing up or lapses in concentration, so, over to them.

  19. #19

    Re: Warnock will walk....

    The only thing I find strange about all of this is surely NW could see this squad was nowhere near good enough to sompete in the EPL? I just watched a program about City and this summer he was talking about finishing mid table or better!

  20. #20

    Re: Warnock will walk....

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I don't think he's making those comments in a way that reflects upon him or his coaching staff, I think that he's saying that they train and prepare correctly, and there's nothing he can do about players ****ing up or lapses in concentration, so, over to them.
    Thatís how I see it.

    Funnily enough itís this sort of tongue in cheek comment that gets a bit tiresome for me, as opposed to his ďhonestyĒ.

    Itíd be nice if he addressed points directly and got his back up a bit. I wonder whether he lacks a bit of passion and fight in his old age and is becoming a little bit too blasť for his own good.

  21. #21

    Re: Warnock will walk....

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I don't think he's making those comments in a way that reflects upon him or his coaching staff, I think that he's saying that they train and prepare correctly, and there's nothing he can do about players ****ing up or lapses in concentration, so, over to them.
    Maybe he should spend the afternoon at home on matchdays then?

  22. #22

    Re: Warnock will walk....

    It is probaly a step too far for him , however I feel the club has underfunded him ,he always stated we wanted another decent striker, and defender ,he has a weak squad ,he's in no mans land with this team ,and we are going down .

    He's a decent man and I'm sure he will do the right thing .

  23. #23

    Re: Warnock will walk....

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    It is probaly a step too far for him , however I feel the club has underfunded him ,he always stated we wanted another decent striker, and defender ,he has a weak squad ,he's in no mans land with this team ,and we are going down .

    He's a decent man and I'm sure he will do the right thing .
    Could he be trusted to spend it wisely?

    I donít think what he has had to spend heís spent wisely.

    Going back to last season as well.

  24. #24

    Re: Warnock will walk....

    Bit wild we aren't bottom

  25. #25

    Re: Warnock will walk....

    Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Could he be trusted to spend it wisely?

    I donít think what he has had to spend heís spent wisely.

    Going back to last season as well.
    That is a valid point , perhaps Tan has kept his powder and funds dry ,let's see what January brings.

  26. #26

    Re: Warnock will walk....

    Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Could he be trusted to spend it wisely?

    I donít think what he has had to spend heís spent wisely.

    Going back to last season as well.
    Murphy looks a very good player. When Warnock took over we were near the bottom of the Championship. A season later we were promoted having spent a lot less than all of our major rivals. What needed to happen after this success was a major overhaul of the squad in preparation for the Premier League. That didn't happen, hence our current plight.

  27. #27

    Re: Warnock will walk....

    Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Careful.
    Who do you reckon is the best of our recent managers?

  28. #28

    Re: Warnock will walk....

    Was Warnock under the weather yesterday?

    Did he have a cold/'flu?

    Using a hankie before the name and seemed flushed afterwards in interviews - in fact, he hasn't looked well for a lot of the present season to my eye.

    Just a thought.....

  29. #29

    Re: Warnock will walk....

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Who do you reckon is the best of our recent managers?
    Russell Slade innit

  30. #30

    Re: Warnock will walk....

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Was Warnock under the weather yesterday?

    Did he have a cold/'flu?

    Using a hankie before the name and seemed flushed afterwards in interviews - in fact, he hasn't looked well for a lot of the present season to my eye.

    Just a thought.....
    At his age he should be enjoying his retirement. Managing in the premier league is stressful, and more stressful its going to get for him until he gets this first win. Not a nice place for anyone to be at the moment, especially a 70 year old, who is also disliked in the media. Theres no chance of them cutting him any slack.

    Look at Mourinho, what happened to that handsome chappy who first moved to these shores from Porto?

    Hes aged about 30 years in 10 years.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •