I see in a number of posts that we haven't given ourselves a chance because haven't spent any money.

I can understand why we haven't gone crazy especially when think about it from tans perspective.

Tan isn't going to make any money of us our debts certainly look more than our worth.
He isn't going to be around forever and will want to recoup some cash and I would do the same if I was him.

I can understand him putting an exit strategy in place and he is probably not as keen as he once was. He still would need to find someone stupid enough to buy a football club which pretty much loses money every year.

We will probably receive around 100 mill this season.
We spent around 30 mill on transfer fees
I bet wages and signing on fees will be around the same as that and that's just for a year.

The players we bought were all similar in terms of being proven championship players who are all young enough to get some money back for . Those who if had a good season in pl could probably get more than paid for him.

If you look at Fulham who everyone thought would overtake us last season have spent 100 mill and I bet there's another 50 mill spent in signing on fees and the length of their contracts. However they are certainly not guaranteed survival.

My main issue is I can understand not spending so much what I don't understand is why every penny didn't go into improving the team and not the squad.
I could imagine Tan being annoyed that 20 mill of what spent isn't always going into be first 11.