+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sutton again

Sutton again

Re: Sutton again

The fan who called in(think he was an Arsenal fan) was right, he’s on a par with Talksport and Adrian Durham for clilcbait. But behind all that he is right, we increasingly look like lacking the quality to survive in the premier league and our brand of football must sometimes look absolutely dire for a neutral watching us.

"...and our brand of football must sometimes look absolutely dire for a neutral watching us."

I think we can safely say Sky TV have ticked that box and got it out of the way.

Warnock and the team will not win many people over, the stuff is not pleasing on the eye..

Quote Originally Posted by iPod Shuffler View Post
    "...and our brand of football must sometimes look absolutely dire for a neutral watching us."

I think we can safely say Sky TV have ticked that box and got it out of the way.

Warnock and the team will not win many people over, the stuff is not pleasing on the eye..
    The goal yesterday was as pleasing as any other team not named Spurs, Man City, Liverpool are going to score this year. Ruthless, passing on the ground, good movement - what more could you want?

Sutton may be proved right but a broken clock is correct twice a day. He's still a shoddy pundit.

This is what I think of Chris Sutton..

Quote Originally Posted by iPod Shuffler View Post

Surely Burnley will be checked also, they were terrible. I know we lost but that was only down to 2 fine saves from hart.
    Didn’t think we’d survive anyway but looking at some of the teams around us, way worse than I thought they would be.

Oh no, Chris Sutton doesn't rate us and wants people to ring in? Shock horror.

Chris, who's the best player in the world? Virgil van Dijk. Shock jock.

Who’s Chris Sutton?

Quote Originally Posted by KenfigBlues View Post
    Who’s Chris Sutton?
    Some odd ball who’s about as interesting as the pile up my arse.

Hes an annoying twat Sutton but, sadly, hes bang on the money this time.

He's someone who has prostituted his reputation for a quick buck. I'd have thought he'd have earnt enough from his time as a footballer to be able to say no to such a crap job but it seems that he's quite happy to become a professional WUM.

Some people have no pride or scruples and will do anything for money.

Did you hear that caller refer to him as 'King Chris? I think he was a Leicester fan. A bit sickly it was.

No idea what I’m doing....supposed to be a gif.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Hes an annoying twat Sutton but, sadly, hes bang on the money this time.
    sadly yes,we are poor in premiership standards , we played 3 poor sides ( Huddersfield,Newcastle , Burnely ) and not beaten one of them .

The Katie Hopkins of football punditry, ignore the kent

It is clearly lazy punditry. Any side that has come up and is trying to do things with only two or three additions to the first team is obviously going to find it tougher than a team that's invested big money or is already established in the league. He should take those things into account and take a little bit more time to acknowledge the fact that we were the better team in terms of chances and generally looked the more comfortable side, especially in the first half. Couple that with a decent display from Murphy and I think there are positives from our end that went unmentioned. A professional football journalist would see those things and inform those who are listening . I don't think he's being antagonistic, I think he genuinely doesn't pay attention to the intricacies of a game and just paints with broad brush strokes. No quality, no effort.

Chris Sutton is a Bellend.
    He is basically the Piers Morgan of football punditry - and it feels wrong to even categorize him as a pundit with guys who actually know what they are talking about.
    He basically doesn’t look at a team or game, says catchy stuff to annoy people and then sits back to clamour the “discussion” he thinks he’s created.

The simple basis of it is this:

Cardiff over achieved with the squad of players they had last season.
    Wolves went up through skill and spending a lot of money (though they scream they didn’t but it’s bollocks, they had champions league experience players in the team) while Cardiff went up through team spirit, an unnerving will to win and never be beaten and pure grit.
    Something many teams with better players just couldn’t counter (Villa, Fulham)....

So this season.
    It’s clear Cardiff do not want to spend a lot of money on players to end up in a shit financial situation should they go down.
    Spending a fortune does not guarantee success - Fulham being an example.

However what that means is a couple of things.
    Cardiff will get absolutely shellacked by the likes of Man City. They are playing Championship quality players against arguably the best team in Europe. Out of 50 games, City will likely win 49. Cardiff just have to battle away and hope they get that 1 of the 50 days.
    No shame in it. City will hammer plenty of other sides.

However Cardiff are far from the certs for relegation the likes of Sutton says.
    Huddersfield, Southampton, Newcastle, Burnley, Palace, Fulham all of these sides Cardiff are more than capable of beating.

The problem at the moment is that the defence is making mistakes, which comes from losing. Confidence is low. Last year the same players who were so sure now are shitting themselves with the ball.
    Plus when you are down near the bottom it feels like everything goes against you.
    Burnley’s goal was a foul. There was a handball another day would be given.
    I don’t think refs are pro big 6 and anti Cardiff or Fulham. I just think you notice it more because you don’t get as many chances as Citeh or Chelsea to score.

The Warnock factor is also lost in the Prem, which may explain his record in this league v Championship.
    In the CCC he builds teams which are in your face and we don’t always have the quality to overcome it, he places on his reputation for not being liked and all in all it becomes an us v them with his clubs that carries a mentality which can add an extra point.
    In the Prem there are two things:
    1. Half the players or managers have no history with him or even know who he is. So they aren’t annoyed. He’s just some old fella with a rep of having long ball teams - what do they care.
    2. The quality. In the Championship we don’t always have the quality of players to beat his style.
    In the PL some of the players are 100x better than what he has picked. City won through pure quality in the end. That’s all that is.

So in a nutshell, Sutton is a shock jock he doesn’t assess any of this. He just sees Cardiff have 2 points and winds people up.
    He doesn’t look that there are a cluster of other teams with 5 points, that’s one win away.
    Those teams also will get tanked by City and Chelsea but he won’t mention that.

Can Cardiff stay up? Yes.
    Is it likely? I’d say 50/50.
    All you need is 3 worse teams.
    Huddersfield, Newcastle, Fulham, Palace, Southampton.
    And don’t think Burnley won’t be in the mix either.

You just need a little luck, some confidence and win games off those around you.
    Assessing your chances away at Spurs is idiotic and is exactly what lazy “journalists” like Sutton will do.

Eh? Have you been hacked?

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    He is basically the Piers Morgan of football punditry - and it feels wrong to even categorize him as a pundit with guys who actually know what they are talking about.
    He basically doesn’t look at a team or game, says catchy stuff to annoy people and then sits back to clamour the “discussion” he thinks he’s created.

Wolves went up through skill and spending a lot of money (though they scream they didn’t but it’s bollocks, they had champions league experience players in the team) while Cardiff went up through team spirit, an unnerving will to win and never be beaten and pure grit.
    Something many teams with better players just couldn’t counter (Villa, Fulham)....

So this season.
    It’s clear Cardiff do not want to spend a lot of money on players to end up in a shit financial situation should they go down.

Cardiff will get absolutely shellacked by the likes of Man City. They are playing Championship quality players against arguably the best team in Europe. Out of 50 games, City will likely win 49. Cardiff just have to battle away and hope they get that 1 of the 50 days.

Huddersfield, Southampton, Newcastle, Burnley, Palace, Fulham all of these sides Cardiff are more than capable of beating.

The problem at the moment is that the defence is making mistakes, which comes from losing. Confidence is low. Last year the same players who were so sure now are shitting themselves with the ball.
    Plus when you are down near the bottom it feels like everything goes against you.
    I don’t think refs are pro big 6 and anti Cardiff or Fulham. I just think you notice it more because you don’t get as many chances as Citeh or Chelsea to score.

The Warnock factor is also lost in the Prem, which may explain his record in this league v Championship.
    In the CCC he builds teams which are in your face and we don’t always have the quality to overcome it, he places on his reputation for not being liked and all in all it becomes an us v them with his clubs that carries a mentality which can add an extra point.
    1. Half the players or managers have no history with him or even know who he is. So they aren’t annoyed. He’s just some old fella with a rep of having long ball teams - what do they care.
    2. The quality. In the Championship we don’t always have the quality of players to beat his style.
    In the PL some of the players are 100x better than what he has picked. City won through pure quality in the end. That’s all that is.

So in a nutshell, Sutton is a shock jock he doesn’t assess any of this. He just sees Cardiff have 2 points and winds people up.
    He doesn’t look that there are a cluster of other teams with 5 points, that’s one win away.

You just need a little luck, some confidence and win games off those around you.
    Assessing your chances away at Spurs is idiotic and is exactly what lazy “journalists” like Sutton will do.
    You feeling alright Charlie?
    Decent post.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    Eh? Have you been hacked?
    Must have been.

That was a sensible, balanced, well argued post - the opposite of every other post Jursset has ever made.

Very unsettling!

So this season.

Where's Jurssey and what have you done with him you bstard.

If you are holding him for ransom we'll give you as much as you want to keep him chained to a radiator and not release him.

Obviously logged in with wrong account

Quote Originally Posted by KenfigBlues View Post
    Obviously logged in with wrong account
    Only the one account for me.
    I just have a strong dislike of that idiot Chris Sutton.

Only the one account for me.
    I just have a strong dislike of that idiot Chris Sutton.
    Great, go tell your carrot crunching mates on the Bristol forum

So this season.

think you need a lie down Charlie son