Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
Great research, fair play. Mayembe was born in 2003 so can't be more than 15 yet. Bellamy obviously felt he wasn't suited to the wing back role so let him play left wing in a 3-5-2/ 4-4-2 on Saturday which meant he could conserve his energy and he not only played the 90 minutes but finished strongly too. Excellent tactics and credit to the rest of the team for adapting to them.

That's interesting that only a few lads will be coming up to the u-23s next season, I'd say two of them are big hitters in Reynolds and Spence, we'll need to make sure they're given every chance to develop properly next season if we can't get loan deals for them or (heaven forfend) they end up in the first team squad. Reynolds looks like a midfielder to me, centre-half seems too easy for him, but I've been very impressed. Looks like a strong character too, very promising. (It's ok, if we release him at the end of the season no one will remember where this post is to show me up).

The Watford lad was tiny, yes. James Waite will bully him if they meet up at under-23 level.
Thanks for that on Mayembe .

I've seen Reynolds play in midfield once or twice and also at full back and I agree he has a touch of quality - having mentioned Spence, Bowen and Patten being a good central midfield combination, I'd say the same applies to Jones, Bagan and Reynolds as a trio of centrebacks.

Connor Davies was still fifteen then when I saw him play at the Liberty Stadium in the Welsh Youth Cup Final in early May (seem to remember he got a yellow card) and he certainly wasn't intimidated by playing in a game where, like in the FA Youth Cup, older players such as Cameron Coxe, Mark Harris and James Waite were able to play.

Other names I should have mentioned are right sided players Jac Davies who will be eighteen in February, while Ryan Kavanagh (who'll be sixteen on Monday) has played a few times this season and not looked out of place at all.