+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: It took Morrison 8 minutes to clean his balls

  1. #1

    It took Morrison 8 minutes to clean his balls

    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ley-farce.html

    Oh dear were in trouble again:
    Sunday's game between Cardiff and Burnley saw 42 minutes of actual action

  2. #2

    Re: It took Morrison 8 minutes to clean his balls

    I presume they're talking about throw ins? What a waste of time, we'd be better served throwing the ball to someones feet as opposed to turning the opposition, it's desperate.

  3. #3

    Re: It took Morrison 8 minutes to clean his balls

    The worst thing about Morrison taking those throw ins is every time he's out of position why not at least put manga at CB and Morrison stay as a make shift right ffs

  4. #4

    Re: It took Morrison 8 minutes to clean his balls

    Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    The worst thing about Morrison taking those throw ins is every time he's out of position why not at least put manga at CB and Morrison stay as a make shift right ffs
    Would you really want to see Morrison at right back?

  5. #5

    Re: It took Morrison 8 minutes to clean his balls

    Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    The worst thing about Morrison taking those throw ins is every time he's out of position why not at least put manga at CB and Morrison stay as a make shift right ffs
    Gunnarsson will be back soon

  6. #6

    Re: It took Morrison 8 minutes to clean his balls

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Would you really want to see Morrison at right back?
    Only for a moment to just cover a gap because we've ****ed up on our own throw in but you are right its not good either way

  7. #7

    Re: It took Morrison 8 minutes to clean his balls

    Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Only for a moment to just cover a gap because we've ****ed up on our own throw in but you are right its not good either way
    Ah, I thought you meant permanently-I shudder at the thought.

  8. #8

    Re: It took Morrison 8 minutes to clean his balls

    I always find it funny when the crowd get agitated at the opposition for wasting time when usually we waste far more ourselves, of course if we had a good record from them it wouldn't matter so much.

    Also the refs who don't mind the long throw in routine, yet someone waste a few seconds because their team is ahead and he's hurrying them along.

  9. #9

    Re: It took Morrison 8 minutes to clean his balls

    8 mins? He should use a hair dryer.

  10. #10

    Re: It took Morrison 8 minutes to clean his balls

    I noticed when it was in our own half he only used his shirt. Bit more practice and acclimatetising to the premier league, he will soon enough be down to 4 minutes 👍

  11. #11

    Re: It took Morrison 8 minutes to clean his balls

    If he was wearing gloves (with a decent grip, for instance) still be allowed to take the throw-ins?
    Could save all that time.

  12. #12

    Re: It took Morrison 8 minutes to clean his balls

    I do enjoy a long throw and I bet there's not a team who have utilised it as much as us over the last 20 years.

    I can understand why we use it in our own half as it reduces the risk of losing the ball in a danger our area and can gain territory but at the same time minimises chance of keeping the ball.

    I also think Morrison has a good long throw so get why we use it. However i can't think of too many times it has led to a goal directly although it maybe have led to a corner or something similar. However Morrison is our best player in the air and we can't use him. Maybe when Gunnar is back will be more useful.

    I personally think that games should be 30 minutes a half with the clock stopped when not in play. Although probably would have taken another hour for the game to finish.

    Another thing I find strange why don't we use Manga at corners surely it's the one advantage have at playing a cb at right back.

  13. #13

    Re: It took Morrison 8 minutes to clean his balls

    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    8 mins? He should use a hair dryer.
    Took a bic to mine, risky but no drying required

  14. #14

    Re: It took Morrison 8 minutes to clean his balls

    Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    If he was wearing gloves (with a decent grip, for instance) still be allowed to take the throw-ins?
    Could save all that time.
    Maybe we should get those dyson hand dryers fitted around the pitch.

  15. #15

    Re: It took Morrison 8 minutes to clean his balls

    It took Morrison 8 minutes to clean his balls.
    I have the same problem with a wet towel.
    Always best to use a clean towel and talc,

  16. #16

    Re: It took Morrison 8 minutes to clean his balls

    If the long throw is so important to us, why haven’t we got scores of ball boys with towels and dry footballs at the ready in the half were attacking? Little things like that might make a difference

  17. #17
    International jon1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sheffield - out of Roath
    Posts
    7,706

    Re: It took Morrison 8 minutes to clean his balls

    We're moving away from the long throw.

    Last season we had Gunnar, Paterson, Morrison and Halford. The Heavy Artillery!

    Now it's like the Three Musketeers without D'Artagnon. If we were serious about the long throw Halford would be on a new 3 year contract!

    Warnock is just letting us down gently. Next year Gunnar will be gone and we will be down to two long chuckers.

  18. #18

    Re: It took Morrison 8 minutes to clean his balls

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I presume they're talking about throw ins? What a waste of time, we'd be better served throwing the ball to someones feet as opposed to turning the opposition, it's desperate.
    The throw in's are just part of the overall wasted time statistic .

    The actual playing time is the real issue ,good job the Ryder Cup was on, as there would have been worldwide outrage , perhaps that's why the game was chosen,to drive viewers to the golf?

  19. #19

    Re: It took Morrison 8 minutes to clean his balls

    Morrison taking long throw ins in the opposition half is crazy not only because if the other side gain possession he finds himself hopelessly out of position but also because he is our best header of the ball. The tactic became far too predictable on Sunday which is another reason for at least trying something different.

  20. #20

    Re: It took Morrison 8 minutes to clean his balls

    I've often wondered why throw in takers don't wear rubber gripped gloves.

  21. #21

    Re: It took Morrison 8 minutes to clean his balls

    Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    If the long throw is so important to us, why haven’t we got scores of ball boys with towels and dry footballs at the ready in the half were attacking? Little things like that might make a difference
    Bit harsh referring to kids as “things” but I get your point

  22. #22

    Re: It took Morrison 8 minutes to clean his balls

    Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Bit harsh referring to kids as “things” but I get your point
    And have them running arround with towels drying balls. A bit pervy if you ask me.

  23. #23

    Re: It took Morrison 8 minutes to clean his balls

    The thing about long throws is you need the best contact you can get and the modern ball doesn't lend itself to that when its been rolling around on our modern watered pitches.The other downside is how poor we've become at short throws.To me we don't even show any more with no one making darts or attempting to get a bit of space.It wasn't lost on me either their first goal came from a quick throw while we were walking into position,an attitude that has cost us more than once this season.Its the little lapses that we got away with last season that are being savagely pounced upon this season.

  24. #24

    Re: It took Morrison 8 minutes to clean his balls

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-H1T7ny2Uw


    Come on Morrison mun, get it right up to 15 minutes. Waste as much time as humanly possible. We need a sharp return to Cardiff Kenty City FC.

  25. #25

    Re: It took Morrison 8 minutes to clean his balls

    That's about 7˝ minutes longer than Sludge takes to empty his.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •