Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
If he spent £100m and we'd had a similar start, people would be saying the same thing. "We've spent too much money, he's risked the future of the club to stay up." I'm certainly far from Tan's biggest fan but he can't win.

As Warnock's said, we've gone from midtable mediocrity and a relegation fight to promotion in next to no time, with good Championship players. We've had a tough ask because we've played 3 of the top 6 back to back, and shockingly our players are lacking confidence because of it. Fulham have spent an absolute fortune and are 17th. Huddersfield spent £18m on one player, they're bottom.
We've seen with Bamba and Holiett that teams can be improved with free deals, with Etheridge that teams can be improved with lower league signings, and with Arter that sometimes not the best player but key ingredients can improve a side. I think everyone would want another striker but that would potentially involve spending an extra £10m we didn't have, however I bet we would improve our side 10x over by spending as little as £2m on a right-back. It's not always the amount of money when people ask if enough money has been spent.