Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
It's why we need a better overseas scouting system. Kodjia came to Bristol City two years ago from Angers for just £2m. Swansea unearthed Michu, again for just £2m (admittedly, six years ago), Andre Ayew was a free transfer from Marseille and then later sold to West Ham for a healthy profit of £20m. I know that not all foreign transfers work out and I could be accused of being selective in the afore-mentioned players, however, have we ever signed anyone from abroad that has really worked well for us? (I won't include Garry Medel because he didn't come cheaply at the time and didn't pull up any trees while he was with us for the one season).

Whoever our overseas scouting network are, I just don't think they're good enough, they don't appear to have an eye for real talent. Before anyone points out Camarasa, it should be noted he literally arrived on our doorstep courtesy of a pre-season friendly.
Well yes, we do. We also nearly signed Kodjia in 2015 but I think we baulked at the £2m asking price. Worked out well... At least we had Alex Revell.

And we've bought from abroad a lot, we've never had too much success. Loovens and Manga are obvious exceptions. We've had foreign players such as Gunnar but they'd already been established.