Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
If he spent £100m and we'd had a similar start, people would be saying the same thing. "We've spent too much money, he's risked the future of the club to stay up." I'm certainly far from Tan's biggest fan but he can't win.

As Warnock's said, we've gone from midtable mediocrity and a relegation fight to promotion in next to no time, with good Championship players. We've had a tough ask because we've played 3 of the top 6 back to back, and shockingly our players are lacking confidence because of it. Fulham have spent an absolute fortune and are 17th. Huddersfield spent £18m on one player, they're bottom.
Nah an extra £20 million would've got us a striker and a right back if spent wisely and it would've given us a much better chance of staying up. Warnock has said himself the club hesitated on occasions and it's cost us. We've spent 25m which is a pittance to improve a side that in Warnock's eyes got promoted too soon. Spending 50m wouldn't have put the club at risk, especially spending it correctly. I'm not saying spend 100m, but the funds should've been made available for a striker and a right back.

People are going with the "he's protecting the club's interests" but lets be honest, it's not that at all. Good luck to Warnock, I can see why it's his hardest job to date. It would be a miracle if we stayed up.