+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ramsey to miss game with ROI too.

Ramsey to miss game with ROI too.

Savage blow on top of Bale, Ampadu and Mepham.

Re: Ramsey to miss game with ROI too.

Not such a bad thing, it might give one of the youngsters a chance hopefully, probably be King though!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Not such a bad thing, it might give one of the youngsters a chance hopefully, probably be King though!
    Not such a bad thing?
    Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Not such a bad thing?
    Seriously?
    Yeah, Denmark are probably going to win the mini group, so I'd rather blood the younger players for when the proper qualifying games start. Also giving Smith a start in place of Ampadu would be good experience for him. He's looked pretty good from what I have seen.

a tough game just got tougher

Yeah, Denmark are probably going to win the mini group, so I'd rather blood the younger players for when the proper qualifying games start. Also giving Smith a start in place of Ampadu would be good experience for him. He's looked pretty good from what I have seen.
    Why are Denmark probably going to win the group? If we win tomorrow then we would only need a draw at home to them to win the group, it’s not like they’re running away with it

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Why are Denmark probably going to win the group? If we win tomorrow then we would only need a draw at home to them to win the group, it’s not like they’re running away with it
    Based on our last two performances I don't think we will, so better to use these games to get the players ready for the group games, cos we are a shambles. We'd also have to win if Denmark beat Ireland.

Wilson/Woodburn on the left, Lawrence in for Ramsey, Brooks on the right, and Smith in for Ampadu. That's pretty decent.

Aaron Ramsey out for Wales against Republic of Ireland due to 'family reasons'

https://www.bbc.com/sport/amp/football/45861244

You actually think we're going to win tomorrow with Bale and Ramsey out ? Next joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    You actually think we're going to win tomorrow with Bale and Ramsey out ? Next joke.
    Wilson, Lawrence & Brooks could cause Ireland a lot of problems. Smith is a decent passer of the ball, and he'd have the experience of Allen next to him. Giggs will probably screw up the selection though, and have four full-backs playing on the right-hand side. Zenith needs to sort him out!

Wilson, Lawrence & Brooks could cause Ireland a lot of problems. Smith is a decent passer of the ball, and he'd have the experience of Allen next to him. Giggs will probably screw up the selection though, and have four full-backs playing on the right-hand side. Zenith needs to sort him out!
    They could but only Brooks is really showing promise at the highest level. Can't say I know a lot about Smith other than he's on loan to Twente.

I'd like to think we go there with confidence but I think we get bullied in this one. No ampadu, bale and Ramsey. All were key in making the home game comfortable against a then depleted Ireland.

Relegation to the C group, demotion in the UEFA seedings, 3rd seeds or worse for the Euro draw! Back to the bad old days of playing multiple sides seeded higher than us!

They could do, but Ireland will come in to rough up what is now a young squad, lacking its two most experienced, and technically gifted players. Hope we can get a win, as without those two, it would be an impressive result imo.

Get relegated twice and then we're in pot D for the Germany Euros. Winner of group D qualifies

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Can't say I know a lot about Smith other than he's on loan to Twente.
    He's been at Man City since he was 14 and is highly rated. They nicked him from West Brom.

Unfortunately ROI will simply kick us off the park on Tuesday.
    Losing for me just provides false kudos to that arrogant shit Keane

Win the game tomorrow and we put ourselves at least in a good position to qualify. Lose, and it just gets as hard as it's always been. In my opinion, this is a real blow.

The big players need to play in all games , to enable Wales to stay in the top tier and in form , the youngsters then gain experience off the bench , they then in turn establish themselves,
    and take on the mantle of main selection .

Leaves us short in midfield.

Ireland have the advantage now we have lost our 2 best players. I can understand why King would come in id be tempted to go without vokes as they struggled with how we interchanged last time and try keeping a more fluid system. Maybe drop Lawrence back into the midfield 3.

If we win tomorrow and draw with Denmark we finish on seven points. Denmark currently have four points. A draw in a Cardiff gives them five points going into their final game at home to Ireland. Win that which they should gives them eight points and the group. So we really need to win both of our remaining games to win the group. With Ramsey now out as well I think we will lose a scrappy encounter 1-0.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    If we win tomorrow and draw with Denmark we finish on seven points. Denmark currently have four points. A draw in a Cardiff gives them five points going into their final game at home to Ireland. Win that which they should gives them eight points and the group. So we really need to win both of our remaining games to win the group. With Ramsey now out as well I think we will lose a scrappy encounter 1-0.
    If we win our remaining games, we'll win the group. If Eriksen isn't fit, there's no reason why we can't turn them over.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Win the game tomorrow and we put ourselves at least in a good position to qualify. Lose, and it just gets as hard as it's always been. In my opinion, this is a real blow.
    If Wales and Denmark both beat Ireland we would have 6 points and Denmark would have 7, so we would have to beat Denmark.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    The big players need to play in all games , to enable Wales to stay in the top tier and in form , the youngsters then gain experience off the bench , they then in turn establish themselves,
    and take on the mantle of main selection .
    A bid of a conundrum considering the way forward is dependent on a number of our young players coming good very quickly.

First time in about 10 years that we play without Bale and Ramsey.

It's now a tough game and realistically a draw is now an acceptable result. Wilson, Lawrence, Brooks can still cause a lot of problems for Ireland so still big hope for us. Long journey for us to next tournament now though. And, forgive me for saying, but still a bit of a hit that a Welshman has got the England camp's heads screwed on for the first time ever.