+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: The speed camera by Whitchurch golf club towards Rhiwbina

  1. #1

    The speed camera by Whitchurch golf club towards Rhiwbina

    It looks funny. Not a normal Gatso camera

    Always wondered why.

  2. #2

    Re: The speed camera by Whitchurch golf club towards Rhiwbina

    Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    It looks funny. Not a normal Gatso camera

    Always wondered why.
    Cause were posh up North

  3. #3

    Re: The speed camera by Whitchurch golf club towards Rhiwbina

    Itís a truvelo , shags you both ways cummin and goin ,

  4. #4

    Re: The speed camera by Whitchurch golf club towards Rhiwbina

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Siffredi View Post
    Itís a truvelo , shags you both ways cummin and goin ,
    There are no white lines on the northbound carriageway as there are on the other side of the road. Doesnít that suggest that only southbound drivers are being targeted?

  5. #5

    Re: The speed camera by Whitchurch golf club towards Rhiwbina

    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    There are no white lines on the northbound carriageway as there are on the other side of the road. Doesnít that suggest that only southbound drivers are being targeted?
    Maybe northbound lines have yet to be painted?
    30 mph on that stretch, north and south, now isn't it? Nice little earner.

  6. #6

    Re: The speed camera by Whitchurch golf club towards Rhiwbina

    Just to be clear, I think the OP is referring to the camera on Rhiwbina Hill not the A470.

    This is atop a high, yellow-painted pole. Used to be two cameras along this short stretch, now one. I always wondered if a councillor lived nearby......

    Oh, and the A470 is still has a 40mph limit by the golf course.

  7. #7

    Re: The speed camera by Whitchurch golf club towards Rhiwbina

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Just to be clear, I think the OP is referring to the camera on Rhiwbina Hill not the A470.

    This is atop a high, yellow-painted pole. Used to be two cameras along this short stretch, now one. I always wondered if a councillor lived nearby......

    Oh, and the A470 is still has a 40mph limit by the golf course.
    I know those cameras well. They do point front and rear. Best just to slow down. I've counted up 12 sets of permanent or possible mobile speed camera locations between where I live and Rhiwbina😐 and, yes, chances are a councillor does live Rhiwbina Hill way.

  8. #8

    Re: The speed camera by Whitchurch golf club towards Rhiwbina

    The one on Rhiwbina Hill catches both ways, the one on Pantmawr Rd only catches going uphill to the little roundabout, downhill is ok

  9. #9

    Re: The speed camera by Whitchurch golf club towards Rhiwbina

    Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    I know those cameras well. They do point front and rear. Best just to slow down. I've counted up 12 sets of permanent or possible mobile speed camera locations between where I live and Rhiwbina😐 and, yes, chances are a councillor does live Rhiwbina Hill way.
    Shouldn't need to slow down if you're not speeding in the first place.

  10. #10

    Re: The speed camera by Whitchurch golf club towards Rhiwbina

    There is a way to avoid this ,dont speed , avoid killing or injuring an innocent , for 5 minutes of ones time .

  11. #11

    Re: The speed camera by Whitchurch golf club towards Rhiwbina

    Try driving at 20 mph in the restricted zones , if ewe get caught ewe can lose ewer license

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •