+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: FT: TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR 1 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    Whatever happens in these last five minutes I'm really pleased with our performance. The boys have done as well as they could and on another day we might have got a point.
    Well said that man

Whatever happens in these last five minutes I'm really pleased with our performance. The boys have done as well as they could and on another day we might have got a point.
    Agreed hopefully this will give the players some confidence especially after being down to 10 men for so long

Just listen to our fans.

Quote Originally Posted by walinoz View Post
    How is Harris on ahead of Reid
    Cost more than Cornelius. Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Just listen to our fans.
    Fair play to them. They sound awesome.

Now Arter booked

Spurs keeping the ball in the corner at the end of a game against 10-man City.

Probably the best we've played this season. We need a proper centre forward.

Great effort, its just a crying shame we didn't invest in a bit more quality in key areas

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    Now Arter booked
    Don't advocate players getting booked, but given Leicester and Brighton at home are back to back, he really needs to be getting booked against Fulham. Liverpool game is a foregone conclusion anyway. Chuck Gunnar in for that.

Starting to think someone (probably not us) is going to stay up on a record low points total.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Spurs keeping the ball in the corner at the end of a game against 10-man City.
    That tells you everything about this game. We gave them a scare.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Probably the best we've played this season. We need a proper centre forward.
    Disagree. Thought we lacked in every department and had no game plan besides lump it up. Tottenham was abysmal, and by that we could have gotten a point.

Need to beat Fulham at home (hopefully arsenal stuff them tomorrow) get the Liverpool game out of the way and we have a good run of 10 games

Respectable score line in a normal season just a bit of a pisser this season when we’re desperate for every point. Would like to think that it’s done a bit for the morale of the squad. Fans sounded fantastic yet again.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolff View Post
    Disagree. Thought we lacked in every department and had no game plan besides lump it up. Tottenham was abysmal, and by that we could have gotten a point.
    I thought we played ok but as you say we seem to be carried by good individual performances rather a structure or game plan.

Morrison was very good and once again Arter must have done a marathon around the pitch and wins countless second ball. Camarasa is our only player willing to get his head up amd play and Murphy is our Sole attacking threat.

Paterson in honest lad but surely we need more quality than that, Manga at full back is an absolute joke especially with Jazz on the bench. Bamba done ok second half but more because Spurs were so static.

It's hard to be critical because of the disparity between the two squads, however the Manga situation must be addressed now.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I thought we played ok but as you say we seem to be carried by good individual performances rather a structure or game plan.

Morrison was very good and once again Arter must have done a marathon around the pitch and wins countless second ball. Camarasa is our only player willing to get his head up amd play and Murphy is our Sole attacking threat.

Paterson in honest lad but surely we need more quality than that, Manga at full back is an absolute joke especially with Jazz on the bench. Bamba done ok second half but more because Spurs were so static.

It's hard to be critical because of the disparity between the two squads, however the Manga situation must be addressed now.
    Felt sorry for manga he's a CB up against son and rose

Quote Originally Posted by walinoz View Post
    Ralls can do one
    Is he undroppable
    We'll see what we're like without him for the next three games.

Re: FT: TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR 1 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Felt sorry for manga he's a CB up against son and rose

It's not his fault but it would be like putting Murphy centre back. He can't cope 1v1 out there. He's flat footed, can't sort his feet out and is awful in possession.

I agree. While it was a spirited performance which of our players looked like scoring? Which of their strikers or midfielders was made to look like they were having a bad game? Opportunities against top 6 sides don't come often and this was about as poor as Spurs will play all year.

Again, the fans are carrying us through difficult start to season and hopefully things pick up after the Liverpool game.

I know that was rotation option number four or something for Tottenham, with injuries and all. But can you believe how static they were? Cardiff players just stood still several times, and they struggled picking a pass.

I think Manga showed where he needs to play the last ten minutes of the game.

Yep ��

It's not his fault but it would be like putting Murphy centre back. He can't cope 1v1 out there. He's flat footed, can't sort his feet out and is awful in possession.
    We should have signed a right back not a left back.

Is Manga better than Jazz at right back. Probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolff View Post
    I know that was rotation option number four or something for Tottenham, with injuries and all. But can you believe how static they were? Cardiff players just stood still several times, and they struggled picking a pass.

I think Manga showed where he needs to play the last ten minutes of the game.
    Eric Dier is the most overrated player In Europe. He is absolute garbage, and how he doesn't play for someone like Northampton is beyond me.
    Winks was ok but Dier slows everything down and his body shape receiving the ball is always wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    We should have signed a right back not a left back.

Is Manga better than Jazz at right back. Probably.
    No way is Manga better than Jazz.