+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Mr Tan can our next manager be

Mr Tan can our next manager be

Gerrard
    The way he's transformed Rangers is great and the way they play football is a joy to watch.
    Go get him Vincent

Re: Mr Tan can our next manager be

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Gerrard
    The way he's transformed Rangers is great and the way they play football is a joy to watch.
    Go get him Vincent
    Is that the mid-table side who recently lost to Livingston?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Is that the mid-table side who recently lost to Livingston?
    Yup, Livi put those scum bags to the sword.
    Even sweeter seeing Celtic performing terribly. Great times ahead in the pub league.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Gerrard
    Go get him Vincent
    If we're likely to take a punt on a recent retired player, with little experience in management we have a Cardiff born one already at the club , and another Cardiff born very experincd ex player one who has had a bit more management experience ,and is guiding our nation to greatness .

Why would we want and ex England player.

No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

Why would we want and ex England player.
    Racist. Reported.

No thanks, remember OGS.
    Came from a similar league.
    I would like the Lincoln city management brothers

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    No thanks, remember OGS.
    Came from a similar league.
    I would like the Lincoln city management brothers
    I'd go for those pair any day over Gerrard. I doubt if Celtic or Rangers would currently be in the top twp of the Championship

I'd like to see the club take a calculated gamble and go for a coach like Arteta or Bellamy with someone above them making the transfer decisions with their input. Hopefully come up with a semi-permanent blueprint to follow and we can stop lurching from one style to the next.

I remember Liverpool taking a punt on the the then Rangers manager, the hugely successful Graeme Souness.
    He single handedly ruined one of the best teams in the world, from which they still haven't recovered.

Not sure if I could face listening to Gerard's whiney voice after every game either.

It's a big no from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I'd like to see the club take a calculated gamble and go for a coach like Arteta or Bellamy with someone above them making the transfer decisions with their input. Hopefully come up with a semi-permanent blueprint to follow and we can stop lurching from one style to the next.
    My dream manager would be Quique Setien but we have no chance.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I'd enjoy the look on his face when he watches footage of Peltier and Manga at right back

Chris Sutton anyone???

Our next manager should be our present manager with the resources any incoming bod would expect to keep the side up. It's nonsense talking about people like Gerrard who have absolutely no experience of dealing with management situations.

Dean Smith?

Although this is all a bit premature

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I remember Liverpool taking a punt on the the then Rangers manager, the hugely successful Graeme Souness.
    He single handedly ruined one of the best teams in the world, from which they still haven't recovered.

Not sure if I could face listening to Gerard's whiney voice after every game either.

It's a big no from me.
    He (Souness) also fkd Benfica when he was their manager
    Just adding to the mix
    Last edited by light up the darkness; 05-10-18 at 11:21. Reason: Clarity

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Dean Smith?

Although this is all a bit premature
    Good shout. And you're right it is really premature.

Though I'm not a huge fan of the way we play football, I am a fan of Warnock and what he has done for our club and he deserves a bit of loyalty.

Good shout. And you're right it is really premature.

Though I'm not a huge fan of the way we play football, I am a fan of Warnock and what he has done for our club and he deserves a bit of loyalty.
    Warnock deserve this season, I would suggest. Or a chance at least. If we still have 2 points in December, an amicable parting of ways may be the best option. As you've said, he's given us so much and he should be remembered as a legend. Worst case scenario, we go down with a good squad and enough cash to mount a challenge the season after.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    The downside to that is the squad we have are not technically able for this league or someone like Arteta ,who needs a different quality to work with, that why Warnock fits the current bill ?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    The downside to that is the squad we have are not technically able for this league or someone like Arteta ,who needs a different quality to work with, that why Warnock fits the current bill ?
    I don't think our side is a million miles away, players like Murphy, Reid, Camarasa etc will be able to do it. We've got some more "agricultural" players obviously.

I can't help thinking that Bellamy is going to be our next manager. He is still with the club, considering he is quite ambitious, and if Warnock was to lose his job this season it would be because we were in a pretty precarious position. If Bellamy became manager in those circumstances it wouldn't be seen as his failure if we went down, but if he could turn it around it would be good for his CV. And from what I hear, he did a pretty good interview at half time on Sunday on Sky.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Foxton View Post
    I can't help thinking that Bellamy is going to be our next manager. He is still with the club, considering he is quite ambitious, and if Warnock was to lose his job this season it would be because we were in a pretty precarious position. If Bellamy became manager in those circumstances it wouldn't be seen as his failure if we went down, but if he could turn it around it would be good for his CV. And from what I hear, he did a pretty good interview at half time on Sunday on Sky.
    Ideal world for me is Warnock as DOF, Bellars Mgr.
    Backroom as is now .

We would need 25 new players though

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Our next manager should be our present manager with the resources any incoming bod would expect to keep the side up. It's nonsense talking about people like Gerrard who have absolutely no experience of dealing with management situations.
    Agree.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Racist. Reported.
    He was rooting for england in the world cup, which makes it all the more weird.