+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Is CCMB dying?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Is CCMB dying?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    It's better off with quality than quantity.

All the spats and bullshit can go on elsewhere on social media.

There are a lot of groups and pages online so numbers are spread out. CCMB is a home for those who want to come and help each other out, have a moan or a rant if it's in context. And we are a bit of a family.
    It is a little familial even though I don’t think I know a single person on here. I don’t know how long I’ve actively posted (maybe 7 or 8 years?) but I do know that I made a clear choice between this and the ‘forum’ based on a longish period of lurking on both - over time I’m certain that was the right choice based on the general attitude of CCMB posters.

I find the introduction of a new one utterly unnecessary and detrimental to all of the message boards (everyone suffers).

There probably aren’t many new posters as someone pointed out so sharing potential users across 3 boards isn’t helpful to anyone. Did I read somewhere that one of the other boards was trying to raise money from posters to support the site? That seems totally unnecessary to me but if Mike (unlikely as that is) suggested it here I’d be happy to contribute because of the entertainment it’s provided for many years.

I post in spurts but check in every day. It’s still varied enough for me but I have noticed we’re in a bit of a fallow period

I didn’t know there even was another board, apart from ***** board that is. It is quiet on here but maybe the regulars are all gett7ng a bit older and don’t have as much time or inclination as did 20 years ago when I started posting on here as goats. It was very busy back then with all sorts going down in the chat room as Sam hammam appeared on the scene.

I didn’t know there even was another board, apart from ***** board that is. It is quiet on here but maybe the regulars are all gett7ng a bit older and don’t have as much time or inclination as did 20 years ago when I started posting on here as goats. It was very busy back then with all sorts going down in the chat room as Sam hammam appeared on the scene.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Doubling up on posts is an excellent way of increasing traffic....

All three main CCFC boards have their own personality and style - and i read and post on all of them.

This is the one I come to first, though. Habit, familiarity and a community that I like most of the time.

It's not dying, just going through a quiet period.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I remember when Sam first appeared on the scene, my username was Sam Hammam. Some people thought it was him until Mike rumbled me and kicked me off. True story

NO LEADERS !!!!!