+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is CCMB dying?

Is CCMB dying?

Doesn’t seem as many posts on here anymore?

Re: Is CCMB dying?

Messageboards in general I think. Everyone just uses twitter or reddit these days.

Too many posters who don't know how to debate without making it personal. Also becomes boring after a while sifting through the detritus of threads that start off promisingly and then just spiral into personal attacks.

It's better off with quality than quantity.

All the spats and bullshit can go on elsewhere on social media.

There are a lot of groups and pages online so numbers are spread out. CCMB is a home for those who want to come and help each other out, have a moan or a rant if it's in context. And we are a bit of a family.

not dying but less traffic these days

no doubt if we're still in bottom 2 come xmas the calls for changing the manager will be result in more traffic on here or maybe if we win a game !

It seems that a lot of users left after the ads became overbearing. A lot of people use their phones instead of a laptop these days, and people have said they've had a gutsful accessing the board when doing so.

I've used my phone on an occasion in the past and it was a nightmare in all fairness. I use my laptop and its fine as I use AdBlocker.

The ads have always been a nightmare. The people that run the network think money before the punters who are using the service.

Ad blocker is the only way forward really.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    The ads have always been a nightmare. The people that run the network think money before the punters who are using the service.

Ad blocker is the only way forward really.
    The adblocker on my tablet has blocked 1,792,548 ads I'm not sure why people complain about ads on phones and tablets though, it's very simple to remedy.

Message boards are a thing of the past. I’d be surprised if there’s anyone under 25 on here.

The colonel’s site has taken its toll on this messageboard. When I first posted on here 7 or 8 years ago it was buzzing. It’s much quieter now which is such a shame. I have felt more at home on here than any other site. So I will always post on here until it comes to an end.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    The colonel’s site has taken its toll on this messageboard. When I first posted on here 7 or 8 years ago it was buzzing. It’s much quieter now which is such a shame. I have felt more at home on here than any other site. So I will always post on here until it comes to an end.
    Yep, I'll go down with the ship too, I started posting here in 1997 I think? I wonder how many mugs & t-shirts he sells?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    The adblocker on my tablet has blocked 1,792,548 ads I'm not sure why people complain about ads on phones and tablets though, it's very simple to remedy.
    Yeah, I've been posting links about it for over a decade

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I agree with your somewhat apocalyptic post. It's a shame that this is not simply a football message board; some posters have been given far too much room. How on earth Chris and Jurrset were allowed their space I have no idea.

Sorry Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post
    I agree with your somewhat apocalyptic post. It's a shame that this is not simply a football message board; some posters have been given far too much room. How on earth Chris and Jurrset were allowed their space I have no idea.

Sorry Mike.
    There would only be half the posts if it wasn't for Jusset

I'll be there, with my little pick and shovel I'll be there.

Then there's people like me who reads daily but hardly ever posts. But by the same token I wasn't contributing to the heavy traffic of yesteryear either.

I read this every day still. Some good stuff on here.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    There would only be half the posts if it wasn't for Jusset
    The forum was much better, busier and dynamic when any topic was okay and there were bun fights galore.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    It's better off with quality than quantity.

All the spats and bullshit can go on elsewhere on social media.

There are a lot of groups and pages online so numbers are spread out. CCMB is a home for those who want to come and help each other out, have a moan or a rant if it's in context. And we are a bit of a family.
    It is a little familial even though I don’t think I know a single person on here. I don’t know how long I’ve actively posted (maybe 7 or 8 years?) but I do know that I made a clear choice between this and the ‘forum’ based on a longish period of lurking on both - over time I’m certain that was the right choice based on the general attitude of CCMB posters.

I find the introduction of a new one utterly unnecessary and detrimental to all of the message boards (everyone suffers).

There probably aren’t many new posters as someone pointed out so sharing potential users across 3 boards isn’t helpful to anyone. Did I read somewhere that one of the other boards was trying to raise money from posters to support the site? That seems totally unnecessary to me but if Mike (unlikely as that is) suggested it here I’d be happy to contribute because of the entertainment it’s provided for many years.

I post in spurts but check in every day. It’s still varied enough for me but I have noticed we’re in a bit of a fallow period

I didn’t know there even was another board, apart from ***** board that is. It is quiet on here but maybe the regulars are all gett7ng a bit older and don’t have as much time or inclination as did 20 years ago when I started posting on here as goats. It was very busy back then with all sorts going down in the chat room as Sam hammam appeared on the scene.

New posters on here can expect to be picked up for grammar and spelling. I'm sure it deters some. The other board mentioned can still be viewed without paying a subscription but you see a few adverts instead. Here you see a shit ton of adverts without an ad block. All the boards are really quite different in their own way and I just think some suit individuals better than others. This board has plenty to offer though. I certainly wouldn't think it's dying.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Doesn’t seem as many posts on here anymore?
    I Hope not as it means I'm dying or dead ?
    Perhaps a bit more politeness might help.

Are there other boards better than this ??

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    The forum was much better, busier and dynamic when any topic was okay and there were bun fights galore.
    If you say so, constructed bun fights are okay its the weak arguments that attract insults, that may put folk off , or taking the mickey out of folks grammar .

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Parry View Post
    Message boards are a thing of the past. I’d be surprised if there’s anyone under 25 on here.
    Umm... hello (I'm 20 ) but you are correct tbh - Facebook groups, Twitter and Reddit tend to have more participation

I didn’t know there even was another board, apart from ***** board that is. It is quiet on here but maybe the regulars are all gett7ng a bit older and don’t have as much time or inclination as did 20 years ago when I started posting on here as goats. It was very busy back then with all sorts going down in the chat room as Sam hammam appeared on the scene.