+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is CCMB dying?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Is CCMB dying?

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    The colonel’s site has taken its toll on this messageboard. When I first posted on here 7 or 8 years ago it was buzzing. It’s much quieter now which is such a shame. I have felt more at home on here than any other site. So I will always post on here until it comes to an end.
    Yep, I'll go down with the ship too, I started posting here in 1997 I think? I wonder how many mugs & t-shirts he sells?

The colonel’s site has taken its toll on this messageboard. When I first posted on here 7 or 8 years ago it was buzzing. It’s much quieter now which is such a shame. I have felt more at home on here than any other site. So I will always post on here until it comes to an end.
    I agree with your somewhat apocalyptic post. It's a shame that this is not simply a football message board; some posters have been given far too much room. How on earth Chris and Jurrset were allowed their space I have no idea.

Sorry Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post
    I agree with your somewhat apocalyptic post. It's a shame that this is not simply a football message board; some posters have been given far too much room. How on earth Chris and Jurrset were allowed their space I have no idea.

Sorry Mike.
    There would only be half the posts if it wasn't for Jusset

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    There would only be half the posts if it wasn't for Jusset
    The forum was much better, busier and dynamic when any topic was okay and there were bun fights galore.

I'll be there, with my little pick and shovel I'll be there.

Then there's people like me who reads daily but hardly ever posts. But by the same token I wasn't contributing to the heavy traffic of yesteryear either.

I read this every day still. Some good stuff on here.

New posters on here can expect to be picked up for grammar and spelling. I'm sure it deters some. The other board mentioned can still be viewed without paying a subscription but you see a few adverts instead. Here you see a shit ton of adverts without an ad block. All the boards are really quite different in their own way and I just think some suit individuals better than others. This board has plenty to offer though. I certainly wouldn't think it's dying.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Doesn’t seem as many posts on here anymore?
    I Hope not as it means I'm dying or dead ?
    Perhaps a bit more politeness might help.

Are there other boards better than this ??

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    The forum was much better, busier and dynamic when any topic was okay and there were bun fights galore.
    If you say so, constructed bun fights are okay its the weak arguments that attract insults, that may put folk off , or taking the mickey out of folks grammar .

The ads did for me here , not a major contributor but always checked in , twitter is where I go to first these days , not too bothered about City news as we are dead men walking but a messageboard has a use . Long may the Ccmb continue

It’s a lot quieter now but this board has been brilliant down the years. Can’t imagine jumping ship to post on another board for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    It’s a lot quieter now but this board has been brilliant down the years. Can’t imagine jumping ship to post on another board for some reason.
    Good man.

Interesting that in the six hours since this thread was initiated there have been over 850 viewings. So plenty are still looking in.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    I knew you would chime in with that, **** you man.
    I rest my case my lord .

Good man.
    Yes well put. There are some really top end contributors on this board, whose views are well read and delivered ,may it reign forever.

I agree that this board can take pride in its high viewing figures, due to a higher quality of posters than other boards. I viewed this board every day for about 5 years before even registering for an account

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Likewise

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    not dying but less traffic these days

no doubt if we're still in bottom 2 come xmas the calls for changing the manager will be result in more traffic on here or maybe if we win a game !
    Its outlandish posts like this that are ruining the board .
    “ win a game” Jeez....

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    The adblocker on my tablet has blocked 1,792,548 ads I'm not sure why people complain about ads on phones and tablets though, it's very simple to remedy.
    I am on my phone waiting for the train to London . Not an ad in site .

Im not a big poster, but almost daily look in. Hope it continues. PS i have very rarely looked in on any other City boards.

Ublock origin is the best I have found for blocking ads on a computer. Adguard for phones/tablets. Don't get Adguard from the playstore/applestore go to their website and download the app from there. No need to pay for premium as it works the same on the free version.

Of course this place has got quieter, we can all see that

though we still have plenty of decent posters , Mike touched on it, The posters who only wanted to arse around and " play the fool " have gone quality rather that quantity

I posted about my daughters Macmillan coffee morning and Igovener sent me 20 quid for it, now thats great and sums this place up Mike said " And we are a bit of a family. " he is right, if we need a hand in life, this is the place

CCMB 'til I die.

I said the same thing when a similar thread was created ages ago.

Give me this lot over the pricks on twitter any day.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    CCMB 'til I die.

I said the same thing when a similar thread was created ages ago.

Give me this lot over the pricks on twitter any day.
    Some of those pretentious arseholes running twitter accounts make Carl Curtis look modest.

That Leckwith Mole really grips my shit.

He’s like a hybrid of Carl and Croesy.