+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Just got back....

Just got back....

Well, on the train and nearly home anyway.

A good effort again today but we were clearly second best from the start. I haven’t seen the match stats but they seemed to have loads of chances and would have scored more if not for some wayward finishing and superb last ditch defending. The players never gave up and fought to the end.

That said, Morrison hit the post in the second half and Murphy had a chance amazingly cleared off the line in the first half, and I always think that at 1-0 we are in the game.

Ralls’ sending off was the real turning point though as it pretty much ended the contest (a bit like Bamba giving the penalty away at Chelsea) but a red card wasn’t a surprise despite not having seen any replays.

Manga had a wretched time against Son who seemed to beat him at will but everyone put in a decent shift, just against superior players.

The experiment of Patterson playing up front worked a couple of times with Murphy latching onto his flick ons (the chance off the line in the first half, mentioned above, came from that combination) but I find myself watching more in hope than anything else.

It does seem that every loose ball goes to an opponent these days - it happened so often today (see their goal, which came from careless defending). I know that this isn’t just luck but we could do with a kind break.

Ward having to go off minutes after coming on was a shame and hopefully Gunnarson can swap in for Ralls who I assume is now banned for 3 games.

So, I’m not despondent but it was more of the same today.

Re: Just got back....

It was the main match in 5 live, we had a good report but as you point out we were up against class.

We had 25% pocession .

You lads did us proud though the singing was certainly Premiership class .

Thanks from all us at home for making some nooooise

I watch in hope too but it's diminishing. We still seem to believe we have more time on the ball than we do, there are still times when we can't even trap the ball (and good positions then wasted) and even when we had possession there wasn't much idea of how to proceed. I'm not sure we can get any sharper than we are with the personnel we have.

That said, with 11 we might have got something and with more confidence we'll begin to show for the ball more often but we're too reactive rather than proactive.

I sadly think, it's a hill to high to climb

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    I watch in hope too but it's diminishing. We still seem to believe we have more time on the ball than we do, there are still times when we can't even trap the ball (and good positions then wasted) and even when we had possession there wasn't much idea of how to proceed. I'm not sure we can get any sharper than we are with the personnel we have.

That said, with 11 we might have got something and with more confidence we'll begin to show for the ball more often but we're too reactive rather than proactive.
    That's the manager and the tactics. I think that when we are at home, we should press high. **** it, we need a win and our best shot is at home. As it stands we are nailed on for relegation. I don't mind us trying to be more cautious away, but at home we really do need to take some risks. Against Burnley we only really started to stretch them when we went a goal down, it really is dip your toe football. I don't know why we are so cautious, it's time for the management and players to be brave, have a real go at it, and if you're going to lose, then do it well.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I sadly think, it's a hill to high to climb
    You could have said a mountain, a hill ffs, sounds like a pensioners outing!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Well, on the train and nearly home anyway.

A good effort again today but we were clearly second best from the start. I haven’t seen the match stats but they seemed to have loads of chances and would have scored more if not for some wayward finishing and superb last ditch defending. The players never gave up and fought to the end.

That said, Morrison hit the post in the second half and Murphy had a chance amazingly cleared off the line in the first half, and I always think that at 1-0 we are in the game.

Ralls’ sending off was the real turning point though as it pretty much ended the contest (a bit like Bamba giving the penalty away at Chelsea) but a red card wasn’t a surprise despite not having seen any replays.

Manga had a wretched time against Son who seemed to beat him at will but everyone put in a decent shift, just against superior players.

The experiment of Patterson playing up front worked a couple of times with Murphy latching onto his flick ons (the chance off the line in the first half, mentioned above, came from that combination) but I find myself watching more in hope than anything else.

It does seem that every loose ball goes to an opponent these days - it happened so often today (see their goal, which came from careless defending). I know that this isn’t just luck but we could do with a kind break.

Ward having to go off minutes after coming on was a shame and hopefully Gunnarson can swap in for Ralls who I assume is now banned for 3 games.

So, I’m not despondent but it was more of the same today.
    Kudos to you guys today, made a right racket. I watched most of it but find it frustrating as hell, particularly when we gift good opposition goals. Its somehow easier to bear when outclassed.

We did get the rub a few times as Spurs were very wasteful and I always feel that if we do get a goal, we find a way of imploding.

That said, didn't expect anything from the game today and after going behing so early playing with 10 for a long time, we can take some positives from it, defensively for one.

God knows how we are to do it (hopefully Neil too) but we really need something against Fulham.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    You could have said a mountain, a hill ffs, sounds like a pensioners outing!
    Sadly a hill Is a mountain to me , I was only attempting to temper my inner thoughts , to enable me to reach ones peak .

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Kudos to you guys today, made a right racket. I watched most of it but find it frustrating as hell, particularly when we gift good opposition goals. Its somehow easier to bear when outclassed.

We did get the rub a few times as Spurs were very wasteful and I always feel that if we do get a goal, we find a way of imploding.

That said, didn't expect anything from the game today and after going behing so early playing with 10 for a long time, we can take some positives from it, defensively for one.

God knows how we are to do it (hopefully Neil too) but we really need something against Fulham.
    If Fulham somehow get a reasult against Arsenal tomorrow we'll be 6 points adrift. If we lose to Fulham we could find ourself 9 points from safety after only 9 games.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    If Fulham somehow get a reasult against Arsenal tomorrow we'll be 6 points adrift. If we lose to Fulham we could find ourself 9 points from safety after only 9 games.
    If they don’t and we beat them 3-0 we are out of the bottom 3... might need less if Arsenal beat them by a couple.

We’ve played 5 of the top 6 so far. It’s been tough. Results in the next 8-10 games will be better I’m confident of that.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    It was the main match in 5 live, we had a good report but as you point out we were up against class.

We had 25% pocession .

You lads did us proud though the singing was certainly Premiership class .

Thanks from all us at home for making some nooooise
    I hope you could hear the "we've got the ball' and "ooh we've got a corner" chants. Anything positive to celebrate, we did. Non stop singing today including a version of "I was born under the (a) Grange End stand (star)" and Harry Kane had his own chant😁 We even "celebrated" Spurs only scoring one with a new chant. Plus the usual chants. Excellent day out.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    I hope you could hear the "we've got the ball' and "ooh we've got a corner" chants. Anything positive to celebrate, we did. Non stop singing today including a version of "I was born under the (a) Grange End stand (star)" and Harry Kane had his own chant😁 We even "celebrated" Spurs only scoring one with a new chant. Plus the usual chants. Excellent day out.
    Agreed.

The ‘we nearly scored’ song also made me laugh.

Gallows humour but still funny 😂

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Probably best to see what happens tbf.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Probably best to see what happens tbf.
    Too late. I've already written the results down on my calendar. And not in pencil.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Agreed.

The ‘we nearly scored’ song also made me laugh.

Gallows humour but still funny 😂
    "We've lost the ball, we've lost the ball, we've got the...we've lost the ball"😁

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    "We've lost the ball, we've lost the ball, we've got the...we've lost the ball"😁
    Yes! 😂😂😂