+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: MOTD

MOTD

All having a go at Warnock for trying to defend Ralls's red card.
    No real surprise but also them trying to defend England captain Harry Kane's retaliation

Agree with Shearer on Hoilett's lame effort though. Disappointing effort.

Re: MOTD

It was a red card all day long. You can’t just kick out at someone like that.

Hoilett such a pussy

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    It was a red card all day long. You can’t just kick out at someone like that.
    Kick out? He tripped him over.

If red cards are given for a cynical trip on a player, then Ralls challenge was red card. If it is the case, you’ll see a shit load of red cards for that type of challenge this season.

From where I was sitting he dived.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Tripped him

Quote Originally Posted by Stavross1927 View Post
    If red cards are given for a cynical trip on a player, then Ralls challenge was red card. If it is the case, you’ll see a shit load of red cards for that type of challenge this season.
    Is it in the rulebook now? No.
    Should it be in the rulebook? Yes.

Pundits making up their own rules, Refs bending rules and, while we can't really have any complaints, we have been hard done by.

Ian Wright changed his tune from Final Score in the afternoon when he said it was never a red. Was he told what to say on MOTD?

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    Ian Wright changed his tune from Final Score in the afternoon when he said it was never a red. Was he told what to say on MOTD?
    Wright wasn't on Final Score, it was Paul Ince & Martin Keown who both said it wasn't a red card

I was listening on five live and the commentators both said it was a harsh decision from the ref and that Kane got Ralls sent off

The hysterical reaction from social media was hilarious mind, one journalist said its one of the worst tackles he's ever seen

I can see why he was sent off but think it was harsh. If he had just grabbed him would have been yellow was a stupid thing to do

Agree totally. Naive challenge. Just grab his jersey and get a yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I was listening on five live and the commentators both said it was a harsh decision from the ref and that Kane got Ralls sent off

The hysterical reaction from social media was hilarious mind, one journalist said its one of the worst tackles he's ever seen
    I agree with him. Not the ugliest, not the most dangerous or even cynical ones. But one of the worst? Probably. The time it took for the ball to pass Ralls and him decide to lash out was on the border of humor. Watch that in slow motion, and it’s comedy gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post

Before I had seen the tackle, I said I thought it sounded like Arter's against Newcastle which I believed deserved a red card. Having now seen the Ralls incident, the tackles look different, but, essentially, the decision the refs have to make is very similar. Having looked at that link to what Mark Halsey said in the Sun about Saturday's sending off, which was posted in another thread, I think I might be wrong by a strict interpretation of the rules of the game - as the rules are worded, it seems hard to justify Mike Dean's decision although, morally, it was the right one as far as I'm concerned.

If that had happened to one of our players, I think most of us would have been demanding a red card.

Just watched MOTD and yet again ....... a 2 min chat after the highlights and that's it !!!!!!!

No indepth discussion zero analysis of the game itself

The fact they referred to Murphy , Paterson , Reid as our front 3 when we clearly played 4411 or even 442 says it all really.