Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
I'm a Ralls fan and don't think he's done badly overall this season, but I agree that Gunnarsson, another player who gets criticised as soon as his performance level drops slightly, has been the better player for us given that the two of them have been in first team contention at Cardiff for about the same amount of time.

I don't agree with you about our defence last season though - to concede less than a goal a game and have the joint best goals against record with Wolves tells you we were doing something right and, even allowing for the increase in standards this season, players like Morrison, Bamba, Bennett and Manga are making mistakes in areas where they shouldn't - Neil Warnock was right when he said individual errors were costing us.

Burnley's first goal last week was an example of that because there were enough of them to contribute three goals against opponents who displayed quick thinking with the throw in they took, but there was nothing particularly brilliant done with the ball on their part in the build up to that goal - we would not have conceded a goal like that last season.
About halfway through the season last year we had the best defensive record in the championship and I think I left every game thinking how the hell did we keep a clean sheet in that game. I think that we did have the luck with us last year to go with the hard work.