+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Shots on target

Shots on target

1/1/4/3/2/2/5/6
    13 in the first 6 games and 11 in the last 2

We are getting there. Wins and I mean wins are just around the corner.

No coincidence the Shots on Target coincide with Callum Patersons return to the starting line up.

Re: Shots on target

I'm all for positive attitude and all that but our fans are getting borderline bizarre now.
    The way our fans react on Twitter if someone dares call us a long ball team is incredible!

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I'm all for positive attitude and all that but our fans are getting borderline bizarre now.
    The way our fans react on Twitter if someone dares call us a long ball team is incredible!
    PMA, PMA...

We'll ignore the fact Paterson played in 2 of the first 3, and was hideously bad in both games.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    PMA, PMA...

We'll ignore the fact Paterson played in 2 of the first 3, and was hideously bad in both games.
    Playing in a different position now though.

We're being criticised from all angles at the moment and, although quite a bit of it is justified, I think it's understandable that fans are feeling defensive -the season is over two months old now and there's barely been a good, or encouraging, word said about us by the national media in that time, people will kick against that sort of treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    We're being criticised from all angles at the moment and, although quite a bit of it is justified, I think it's understandable that fans are feeling defensive -the season is over two months old now and there's barely been a good, or encouraging, word said about us by the national media in that time, people will kick against that sort of treatment.
    There's not a lot to say though is there Bob. We look like a team with massive holes in it. We play Manga full back as a way of shoe morning him and Bamba into the same team.
    We now have basically resigned ourselves to smashing the ball up to a guy who hasn't got a first touch.

I've been cringing all season by some of the arguments I've witnessed on Twitter, from the day Ederson hit a 80 yard pass to Aguero who had sneakes behind the Huddersfield defence and our fans said "when Man City do it, it's clever blah blah"
    Like there's any comparison to Etheredge lumping it forward so Paterson can flick it on!

Our football is what it is but I don't feel the need to jump to it's defence with ridiculous comparisons.

There's not a lot to say though is there Bob. We look like a team with massive holes in it. We play Manga full back as a way of shoe morning him and Bamba into the same team.
    We now have basically resigned ourselves to smashing the ball up to a guy who hasn't got a first touch.

I've been cringing all season by some of the arguments I've witnessed on Twitter, from the day Ederson hit a 80 yard pass to Aguero who had sneakes behind the Huddersfield defence and our fans said "when Man City do it, it's clever blah blah"
    Like there's any comparison to Etheredge lumping it forward so Paterson can flick it on!

Our football is what it is but I don't feel the need to jump to it's defence with ridiculous comparisons.
    Our football is crap but we know that. We can occasionally play a little bit but with Paterson up top, that's not going to realistically happen. Our fans whining about that is odd. I do think we're getting a raw deal with our tackles being highlighted though, it's not like we're the first side every to have some bad fouls, Man City for one make more than their fair share. It's part of the game and I'm not whining about them making them but we get targeted by the media, mainly thanks for our manager.

Also, we're not getting passed off the pitch and leaving with our tails between our legs each week. We've been absolutely schooled by Man City and Hazard but that's about it. When you see Fulham shipping 21 goals in their 8 games, while we're labelled unfit for the Premier League it does annoy me. The bottom 10 or so are pretty poor, the Burnley game was evidence of this so I can understand some frustration of the sort of head patting and thanks but no thanks attitude of some of Fleet Street's and Twitter's finest. We don't fit the mould though, so unless we change our style of football, this is going to continue for at least another 30 more games.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    1/1/4/3/2/2/5/6
    13 in the first 6 games and 11 in the last 2

We are getting there. Wins and I mean wins are just around the corner.

No coincidence the Shots on Target coincide with Callum Patersons return to the starting line up.
    Are you for real? There was many a time vs Spurs when any half decent striker would put himself between the defender and ball but unfortunately patts is a RB and doesn’t have the instinct of a striker. What I don’t get is how he’s hailed as some messiah because he wins a few headers. Tbf Paul when you watch us it’s hardly surprising the media are going to knock us it’s piss poor just limping the ball forward especially in this league, I’m a fan of zohore and we should be playing balls down the channels in to space to give him a chance, I watched us play Bournemouth and Wilson was killing us from balls that was just played in to space down the channels but we just seem to have any football taught out of us and must play percentage football where imo in this league the percentage is drastically lower than in the championship, you just can’t hit and hope in the top leagues