+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warnock's Post-Match Kane Comments

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Warnock's Post-Match Kane Comments

"England player going off like that, dear me. He went straight in and pushed him. Why not give him a red? I don't think you should try to get other pros sent off, just because he's had a poor game and Spurs were having a poor game. He shouldn't take it out on us."

Why does Warnock say stuff like this? It's utterly pathetic and it paints him and his team in a really bad light. Who does he think benefits from this sort of crap? The fact is that Kane did absolutely nothing that would have justified a red card and he didn't try to get Ralls sent off either. Indeed, he was nowhere near the referee when the red card was shown.

Does Warnock bother to watch any replays before he goes wading into his post-match press conferences or does he simply enjoy making himself look foolish? It's a shame, because his pre-match interviews and press conferences are often excellent, but his post-match stuff is embarrassing.

Re: Warnock's Post-Match Kane Comments

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    "England player going off like that, dear me. He went straight in and pushed him. Why not give him a red? I don't think you should try to get other pros sent off, just because he's had a poor game and Spurs were having a poor game. He shouldn't take it out on us."

Why does Warnock say stuff like this? It's utterly pathetic and it paints him and his team in a really bad light. Who does he think benefits from this sort of crap? The fact is that Kane did absolutely nothing that would have justified a red card and he didn't try to get Ralls sent off either. Indeed, he was nowhere near the referee when the red card was shown.

Does Warnock bother to watch any replays before he goes wading into his post-match press conferences or does he simply enjoy making himself look foolish? It's a shame, because his pre-match interviews and press conferences are often excellent, but his post-match stuff is embarrassing.
    It may not have been a tackle to cause serious injury but it was clumsy and embarrassing.
    At least we won’t see Ralls for the next 3 games. Totally out of his depth.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    It may not have been a tackle to cause serious injury but it was clumsy and embarrassing.
    At least we won’t see Ralls for the next 3 games. Totally out of his depth.
    The sending off was debatable and I think Warnock has a right to question it, but the stuff about Kane, the rest of the Spurs players and "little old Cardiff" is just cringeworthy.

The sending off was debatable and I think Warnock has a right to question it, but the stuff about Kane, the rest of the Spurs players and "little old Cardiff" is just cringeworthy.
    The media simply “pigeon hole” Cardiff football as thugs and boot boys.
    We are nothing like that but this (on MOTD) does not put us in a positive light.
    The manager should simply say that it was clumsy and a professional foul (that many defenders carry out) but question the straight red card due to the fact that it was on the half way line.

[QUOTE=DubaiDai;4919777]The media simply “pigeon hole” Cardiff football as thugs and boot boys.

I've not seen a 'boot boy' at a Cardiff City game since the Grange End in approximately '74.

Did you see Kane grab hold of Ralls around his chest then his shoulders, thats a red for me!

The media simply “pigeon hole” Cardiff football as thugs and boot boys.
    We are nothing like that but this (on MOTD) does not put us in a positive light.
    The manager should simply say that it was clumsy and a professional foul (that many defenders carry out) but question the straight red card due to the fact that it was on the half way line.
    He did say it was cynical.

Haven't seen it myself yet so can't really say.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    He did say it was cynical.

Haven't seen it myself yet so can't really say.
    Clearly it was cynical as the player had left him for dead with speed.
    However, blatantly grabbing his shirt and pulling him back could also be cynical, but would have got him a yellow card...

The English media have never supported their National manager let alone a Cardiff City one.

Quote Originally Posted by valley boy View Post
    The English media have never supported their National manager let alone a Cardiff City one.
    What have Warnock's comments got to do with the media?

What have Warnock's comments got to do with the media?
    It was where they were broadcast and commented upon by the pundits

Clearly it was cynical as the player had left him for dead with speed.
    However, blatantly grabbing his shirt and pulling him back could also be cynical, but would have got him a yellow card...
    I shall watch it when MOTD is on iplayer tomorrow.

All I csn go on is that Martin Keown was a bit dubious about it being a red and Paul Ince was certain it should only have been a yellow immediately after the incident on Final Score.

Nice to see a manager sticking up for his players.He is trying to create team spirit.He may also be trying to play mind games with future referees and get into their heads.
    He seems to me to be making a us against the world situation and use that to motivate the team. Good luck to him we need to try everything we can. As for the media they were all against us before a ball was kicked this season so who cares.
    Warnock knows exactly what he is doing and good for him.What others think of us is of little concern to me.

Nice to see a manager sticking up for his players.He is trying to create team spirit.He may also be trying to play mind games with future referees and get into their heads.
    Do you think Warnock's whinging about Kane and his stupid comments about "little old Cardiff" are going to have a positive or a negative impact on future referees?

Do you think Warnock's whinging about Kane and his stupid comments about "little old Cardiff" are going to have a positive or a negative impact on future referees?
    I dont know to be honest but nobody likes to be in a position where your performance is criticised so who knows

I dont know to be honest but nobody likes to be in a position where your performance is criticised so who knows
    Personally, I can't see any benefit in the sort of things he said yesterday. I'm pretty sure most referees wouldn't look on such stuff kindly. There is often talk among City fans about how the team is regularly treated by match officials. I think such complaints are generally exaggerated, but I don't believe Warnock's comments help the situation.

Possibly not but he's touching on a wider issue held by many that the more glamour teams get the big calls in their favour. Many managers and fans hope that this is something that VAR will address.

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    Possibly not but he's touching on a wider issue held by many that the more glamour teams get the big calls in their favour. Many managers and fans hope that this is something that VAR will address.
    If we had VAR, Ralls would have been out suspended yesterday.

If we had VAR, Ralls would have been out suspended yesterday.
    For me it was a red all day so probably not the best example to discuss VAR over.

Are you suggesting it would make any difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Are you suggesting it would make any difference?
    Well maybe Kane will try that little bit harder when Spurs play City later in the season. As for the referees, I reckon most of them think Warnock's a ****, which surely can't help?

Well maybe Kane will try that little bit harder when Spurs play City later in the season. As for the referees, I reckon most of them think Warnock's a ****, which surely can't help?
    Really? Do you think Kane is going to give an extra 20% at CCS because of what Warnock said?

It was a cynical tackle that players do to stop play and regroup. No more than a yellow for sure.

Chris Kamara stated a red but from a different angle he really only put his leg across him.
    One of those I guess that can go either way.
    I would appeal based on the different angle seen today.
    Does the faw still oversee our appeals.
    Pursey got away with one prior to the cup final

I'd much rather him defend our players an now has taken all the focus from Ralls and put it on himself something Jose used to be good at