+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Warnock's Post-Match Kane Comments

Re: Warnock's Post-Match Kane Comments

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    For me it was a red all day so probably not the best example to discuss VAR over.
    It's a tough one. You can argue that, under the current rules, it should only have been a yellow, but it's all down to interpretation and I'd have been surprised if a VAR panel would have overturned the red card. His foul against Man City should unquestionably been a red instead of a yellow, though.

Some of Warnock's past comments I have found what one might call "ill advised" and i too have cringed, but he was right to have a go at Kane, the England captain, yesterday.

Yes, it probably won't do us any good regarding pundits and referees going forward but I can't really blame him for saying it.

Harry Kane, Englands finest. He's such a nice boy. He was only looking out for his teammate and safeguarding his career after that "horrific" tackle.

I am not defending the tackle but if it was Hoilett getting brought down by Trippier in the same situation, with Morrison getting in Trippier's face and us all surrounding the ref, he almost certainly would not have got a red and we'd more than likely be berated by the pundits for causing affray.

Warnock is under pressure and needs a break from somewhere and it seemed we had contained Spurs really well before the incident.
    Kane did nothing was frustrated and Warnock was right to call Kane out on that just as he was right about it being little old Cardiff.

It was a red card but Kane running 20 yards to push Ralls in the chest was indeed embarrassing behaviour and he deserved to be called out on it.

He's Neil Warnock and he's the Cardiff manager. What would you expect? I have no problem with it.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    He's Neil Warnock and he's the Cardiff manager. What would you expect? I have no problem with it.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I am not defending the tackle but if it was Hoilett getting brought down by Trippier in the same situation, with Morrison getting in Trippier's face and us all surrounding the ref, he almost certainly would not have got a red and we'd more than likely be berated by the pundits for causing affray.
    Oh dear.

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    It was a red card but Kane running 20 yards to push Ralls in the chest was indeed embarrassing behaviour and he deserved to be called out on it.
    He didn't push Ralls in the chest.

Good for you. What do I expect? Pretty much what we got, which was kind of the point of the thread. Warnock's being doing this kind of thing for years. It's the main reason he's so unpopular with most football fans. Does it do him or the clubs he manages any good in the long run? Personally, I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by valley boy View Post
    Nice to see a manager sticking up for his players.He is trying to create team spirit.He may also be trying to play mind games with future referees and get into their heads.
    He seems to me to be making a us against the world situation and use that to motivate the team. Good luck to him we need to try everything we can. As for the media they were all against us before a ball was kicked this season so who cares.
    Warnock knows exactly what he is doing and good for him.What others think of us is of little concern to me.
    Ahem to that

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    He didn't push Ralls in the chest.
    Did he run 20 yards to influence the referee though is the real question ,if so that's wrong , and as wrong as what your accusing Warnock of doing ???

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Did he run 20 yards to influence the referee though is the real question ???
    Well he didn't go anywhere near the referee, so I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Ahem to that

Good for you. What do I expect? Pretty much what we got, which was kind of the point of the thread. Warnock's being doing this kind of thing for years. It's the main reason he's so unpopular with most football fans. Does it do him or the clubs he manages any good in the long run? Personally, I don't think so.
    I like how how you included "in the long run". Very clever. Insert almost every manager of every team's name here.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Kane and Sane, two peas from the same pod. Both trying to get City players into trouble..

We all have different opinions in this life, it makes it interesting. My opinion for what it is worth is this: Was it a red card - No. Will we suffer if we lose Ralls for three games - No. Is the poster a bitter and twisted arsehole - Yes. But that is just my opinion and at the end of the day does not alter anything.

In my humble opinion Warnock kicked because it was Kane the upright England captain, Kane's actions are the issue here , he influenced thought ,he was easily seen ,the 5 live commentators at the time actually said Spurs players helped fuel his decesion ,as they though he was teaching for a yellow in the first instance , the noise/actions after made the decesion a different one.

For so long our manager's have said nothing .

Do you think Warnock's whinging about Kane and his stupid comments about "little old Cardiff" are going to have a positive or a negative impact on future referees?
    Are you suggesting it would make any difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Are you suggesting it would make any difference?
    Well maybe Kane will try that little bit harder when Spurs play City later in the season. As for the referees, I reckon most of them think Warnock's a ****, which surely can't help?

I like how how you included "in the long run". Very clever. Insert almost every manager of every team's name here.
    Very clever? To be honest, I don't really know what you're talking about. Do you think Warnock's regular whinging about refs and the opposition benefits the clubs he manages?

Quote Originally Posted by Algynon View Post
    We all have different opinions in this life, it makes it interesting. My opinion for what it is worth is this: Was it a red card - No. Will we suffer if we lose Ralls for three games - No. Is the poster a bitter and twisted arsehole - Yes. But that is just my opinion and at the end of the day does not alter anything.
    It certainly doesn't, but thanks for your interest.

Well maybe Kane will try that little bit harder when Spurs play City later in the season. As for the referees, I reckon most of them think Warnock's a ****, which surely can't help?
    You really think that'll be going through their head during the game?

Oh dear.
    Thank you for your carefully considered response.

I know 😂. Strange and irrational thinking on multiple levels.

Really? Do you think Kane is going to give an extra 20% at CCS because of what Warnock said?

Tbh, I like Ralls but I just felt embarrassed for him. Looked like something you’d see from 1960s South American cloggers.