+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Warnock's Post-Match Kane Comments

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Warnock's Post-Match Kane Comments

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Do you think Warnock's whinging about Kane and his stupid comments about "little old Cardiff" are going to have a positive or a negative impact on future referees?
    Possibly not but he's touching on a wider issue held by many that the more glamour teams get the big calls in their favour. Many managers and fans hope that this is something that VAR will address.

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    Possibly not but he's touching on a wider issue held by many that the more glamour teams get the big calls in their favour. Many managers and fans hope that this is something that VAR will address.
    If we had VAR, Ralls would have been out suspended yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    If we had VAR, Ralls would have been out suspended yesterday.
    For me it was a red all day so probably not the best example to discuss VAR over.

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    For me it was a red all day so probably not the best example to discuss VAR over.
    It's a tough one. You can argue that, under the current rules, it should only have been a yellow, but it's all down to interpretation and I'd have been surprised if a VAR panel would have overturned the red card. His foul against Man City should unquestionably been a red instead of a yellow, though.

Some of Warnock's past comments I have found what one might call "ill advised" and i too have cringed, but he was right to have a go at Kane, the England captain, yesterday.

Yes, it probably won't do us any good regarding pundits and referees going forward but I can't really blame him for saying it.

Harry Kane, Englands finest. He's such a nice boy. He was only looking out for his teammate and safeguarding his career after that "horrific" tackle.

I am not defending the tackle but if it was Hoilett getting brought down by Trippier in the same situation, with Morrison getting in Trippier's face and us all surrounding the ref, he almost certainly would not have got a red and we'd more than likely be berated by the pundits for causing affray.

Warnock is under pressure and needs a break from somewhere and it seemed we had contained Spurs really well before the incident.
    Kane did nothing was frustrated and Warnock was right to call Kane out on that just as he was right about it being little old Cardiff.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I am not defending the tackle but if it was Hoilett getting brought down by Trippier in the same situation, with Morrison getting in Trippier's face and us all surrounding the ref, he almost certainly would not have got a red and we'd more than likely be berated by the pundits for causing affray.
    Oh dear.